So who tried the Beta?

I've just had a quick run around and there's some neat new features in Breakpoint.

Game looks beautiful and when you "merge" into a bush, very cool feature.

There's a tonne of new elements, I'll need to run through the tutorials, like Profile cards...?

The story has me hooked already so I'm looking forward to playing the campaign.

Ansel for screenshots doesn't seem supported yet...?

My default male character had a female out-of-puff breathing noise, and there were some strange bright textures around a hideaway entrance.

Looking forward to playing some more for sure..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I have played it too and my opinion is split. 

Ubisoft did a great job in modeling the world and I have to say, for a beta it's pretty neat. The new Loadout and Customization pages are way better than Wildlands but it needs some time to get used to them. The only negative part is that it's more complicated to put skins etc on ur weapon. 

The weapon and player customization itslef is amazing. Ubisoft really listened to their community. Boots can be tucked in or not, helmets look much more realistic and the collection of vests and plate carriers is really great doe what I could see in the beta. I hope there will be even more choices. 

Regarding the story I have mixed feelings, even though it's a beta, dialogues seem "cold", characters are talking to each other without any seeming connection, which in my opinion affects the story and how it is perceived. And yet, what I saw from the story seems interesting, but if it's better than Wildlands, I dont know.

One of the biggest aspects of Ghost Recon is for sure the open world. Many have questioned the decision if Drones were a good idea and I liked them, even though originally they do not belong to the ghos recon franchise they way Ubisoft displayed it this time. If u find week spots, drones can be taken down with a bit time. 

My biggest concern however is the new loot mechanic. I have to say, it's pretty easy to get good looking loot. After 4 hours, I already had 2 Crye Precision low profile plate carriers, a Fast Helmet and various other food looking items and yet, it is to a certain extent annoying to always find gear which is better than the gear you found before. My concern is that u will have duplicates of weapons and gear quite often. If Ubisoft will work on that, it could get better. 

Last but not least I have to mention that I am disappointed with one thing. The sounds of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. A lot sounds similar to Ghost Recon Wildlands and I dont want to hear the exact same sounds as in Wildlands, that definelty needs some rework.

To sum it up, I am happy with the Beta, even though I have some concerns, I am surprised how well the game is made. I am curious how the final game will look like and what Ubisoft will change. 

• Like 1

That's interesting because I've never really been bothered about character customisation much. I'm not a weapons nut and I don;t care how he looks, I just like playing missions the way I like to play them, that's my thing.

But when I read you can select whether boots are tucked in or not, LOL, that's attention to detail right there.

Regarding sounds, haha I engaged wolves at the second chopper site by accident (threw a frag by mistake). I left 2 dead bodies. One of the enemy foind the dead body and said something like "Found a dead body, think there might be someone around" NO ###### SHERLOCK, unless he shot himself LOL!

• Like 1

I have been running around in the Beta and so far so good. It is a mix of Division and Wildlands to be honest.

I have Pre-bought the game, but as mentioned I had been playing Div1-2 and Wildlands.

They have integrated a neat feature where if you press F1 it will show what your Cpu, Gpu and Fps are running at

with a graph.

Mine runs 95% GPU, 60 %Cpu & avg 58 fps at 2K res

Most setting on high & ultra except things like blur.

I7-2600k @4.4

GTX1070Sc 8gb

16gb ddr3

• Like 1

After reading all the drama on the official boards I decided to try it for myself. Based off of what little I played, imo it's better than wildlands....IF they clean it up. The PC optimization is not real good at the moment and it seems like no matter what setting I use I get pretty much the same frame rate. Gameplay and movement also need to be cleaned up. But overall I like the game. I understand the obvious comparison to the division but it's not a game breaker imo. Though I do wish they would stop blending games like this. Just my opinion. Optimization and polish is really needed and I hope they address it.

19 hours ago, Halli~SPARTA~ said:

They have integrated a neat feature where if you press F1 it will show what your Cpu, Gpu and Fps are running at

with a graph.

Mine runs 95% GPU, 60 %Cpu & avg 58 fps at 2K res

Most setting on high & ultra except things like blur.

I7-2600k @4.4

GTX1070Sc 8gb

16gb ddr3

That's neat! 60FPS here with a 1080 running at about 70%

On 07/09/2019 at 23:44, Rocky said:

Don't know if you saw I was at Insomnia, huge gaming event, 100 PC LAN etc. As we were walking around though, found a number of tables set out for board games - it was pretty busy too!

IMG_4703.jpg

Check out the board games of today, vastly different to the old ones we used to play. Many of them are as fun and strategic as any coop or pvp you'd ever play. They've come a looong way.

game mechanics are good. but what is all this business with appearance customization? anyone here ever been in the rangers? delta?  the marines?? u use what you got and make it work. sure you pick the right load out for a specific mission based on briefing but this whole thing of a 'skill tree' that has infected games has become ridiculous. leveling up? what's that all about? if anything, the older you get in the military, the slower you go. 

I was selected for the tech test and the beta. I can honestly say that they enhanced the game since Wildlands, but..........they made a major mistake by having a looter shooter mechanic. Someone had the idea to make a The Division game set in the Ghost Recon world and it was misguided. That is why they were so shocked to see the backlash for removing the AI teammates because they wanted Breakpoint to be a complete single player experience when the GR series has already been built around a special operations team. The environment and new character models present a good opportunity to have great moments playing PvE when we get competent AI teammates that we can give advanced orders. However, the looter shooter mechanic is a problem because it shouldn't be there at all and the experience feels more like The Division and not a Ghost Recon game. 

They should have simply hidden the unlocks by having them be available at Maria's Shop when a player kills certain enemies or clear bases. That way it wouldn't feel so much like The Division since we won't have a weapon pop up after opening up a Skell crate or whatever. Weapons should be swapped out when killing bad guys if they have something better than what the player has. We don't need gear and weapon scores either. And I just don't understand how no one on the dev team didn't stop and say "Nah. This isn't GR. We are making this game feel like an expansion pack to The Division 2, so let's get rid of the gear and weapon scores. It makes ZERO sense to have that in a GR game." They put effort into stuff that was completely not needed at all because all we need is a big map, plenty of guns, a target rich environment, and a boat load of missions. 

• Like 2

Good post bugkill.

I was almost ready to accept the RPG elements as a 20 year progression from the old character points in Ghost Recon 1, but when I see my Breakpoint character picking up purple plants as he runs around so he can craft something, I have to wonder what the heck's going on with this series.

It's exactly like Far Cry Primal, but why is it in a tactical shooter? I'd rather see a boost to the friendly AI options, a boost back in time to the finer control we had in earlier versions.

I think the RPG and loot elements are the most controversial and most debated design decisions in Breakpoint for sure.

• Like 1