DeCENTralized COMmand: A CENTCOM/Heroes Unleashed Addon

Had some testing done by JustinRed87 (who I consulted with early in this mission's creation) for the mission and got some great feedback (and found out I didn't account for the MP hidden actor bug, so I need to fix that). I'll probably package together the updated (and hopefully fixed) mission with some additional CQB training missions because I love those and want more maps for those.

Below is a clip from that test session that'll give an idea of what style I want to go for with some missions. The event that happens is ultimately a randomization thing, but I HIGHLY recommend playing it a few times before watching the clip to prevent spoilers. You've been warned.

Spoiler

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

Continuing to update Operation Black Mamba, I've gotten a LOT of positive feedback for it. I already know that I'm getting close to the script size limit for this mission. Additionally, the next update will feature ALL weapons with half their original recoil. This should be most noticeable for MGs and have a much more accurate cone of fire as you'd find in real life.

Here's some art I had commissioned for this mod by theNadeFace, inspiration is taken from one of the missions I am planning to make. This mission is based on the experience of a large force conducting a highly coordinated raid and should be much more straightforward than Operation Black Mamba.

Spoiler

commision_for_Jacks_mod_with_signature_t1.png2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello Jack! This mod is great work, keep up the good work! I have several suggestions regarding the mod:
1. Even at the level of realism, nearby enemies do not always respond to the sounds of shots and even grenades. Can this be fixed?
2. Is it possible to shoot through the walls in the game?
3. I saw your videos on YouTube, which server are you playing on, or is it some kind of test server?
Thank you, this is a great mod, we are waiting for new improvements!
Edited by frozzy

Hello Jack! This mod is great work, keep up the good work! I have several suggestions regarding the mod:
1. Even at the level of realism, nearby enemies do not always respond to the sounds of shots and even grenades. Maybe it doesn't show up on all maps, but I had a situation in the room when I threw a grenade, none of the enemies nearby even thought to help their comrades. Can this be fixed?
2. Is it possible to shoot through the walls in the game?
3. I saw your videos on YouTube, which server are you playing on, or is it some kind of test server?
Thank you, this is a great mod, we are waiting for new improvements!

p.s. please help me delete my post above

Edited by frozzy

@Rockycan probably help with deleting the duplicate post.

1. I've noticed this as well, I don't think there's any specific way of fixing it. Some AI setups in terms of how the teams are organized and what plan they are does influence their behavior.

2. Most walls, no. Some doors you can shoot through. Some tents you can shoot through. But generally, no.

3. I use Radmin VPN typically to connect with various people. Join my discord and/or JustinRed87's discord so we can coordinate something, maybe get some others in there as well.

• Like 1

That particular model isn't exactly what I'm going for (it uses a bump helmet and is very specifically a maritime CQB loadout). I'm already experimenting with the helmet model Blood Oil uses (full sleeves on the jacket among other things). Probably going to leave the jacket as a solid color since I'm never really satisfied with the look of them with camo. So the final look is still up in the air.

New JSOC team looks rad. Are you set on the UCP top M81/DCU bottom combo for the regular Ghosts? A lot of pics I see from Iraq around the mid-2000s have high-speed dudes wearing full M81/DCU, particularly the few pictures I found on Google of SF CIF units, who did direct action all the time. I've experimented with just throwing the appropriate TF245 skins onto the regular Ghosts but it ends up odd on some of their models, most noticably because on the Support and Marksman the boots end up with untextured black spots.

For JSOC guys: The textures are setup differently, so you can't just drag and drop. In terms of final look, I'm not sure what I want to do. There's a few different ideas that I'm working with right now (mainly trying to decide if I should do plain or camouflage pants).

For the Ghosts: Could you post some images of what you're talking about?

Edited by Jack Wachter