Ghost Recon Breakpoint First Impressions

Long discussion video discussing everything we know and think about the reveal of breakpoint. Alot of good conversation happened at around the 23 min mark and up. I'm excited however it still feels too soon and I don't like the addition of always online or rpg  elements . Alot of people have tried to convince me however I'm fixed on disliking them in any shape or form.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KRP 56 said:

Always online is a deal breaker for me.:wall:

I've heard this at least a dozen times. I just wish other gamers could see that the future of gaming is becoming more and more anti consumer. Every year it seems we're paying more and getting less.

On 04/06/2019 at 21:03, Bodark Zulu said:

I've heard this at least a dozen times. I just wish other gamers could see that the future of gaming is becoming more and more anti consumer. Every year it seems we're paying more and getting less.

Sorry, bro, but I disagree. The lack of AI teammates at some point in Breakpoint makes the game limited for many Solo players. The whole thing about bringing people together and being social will only lead to less sales overall. The major issue with Wildlands from a PvE perspective was the AI teammates being horribly handled. It made ZERO sense that they couldn't go anywhere on the map on their own if I placed a marker a bunch of kilometers away. Players should have been able to bring up the tactical map, place a waypoint, and the team should be able to do whatever they need (jacking vehicles or getting into empty ones) to get there like all the other AI in the game. Also, the whole teleporting stuff was ridiculous and players should have been able to give them a command to eject from vehicles or get in them. They gave better AI squad control in Far Cry 5 and that made no damn sense for that to happen to a GR game.

We only needed Breakpoint to address the AI control and make them more versatile in a open world environment. They could have still made the game be mostly about lone survival, but late in the campaign, they could have players link up with the surviving members of their team to introduce new squad control commands. It is a freakin' open world game where having a team in a tactical environment is critical. That is what makes GR special, but they have turned into being more like The Division or Tomb Raider. Getting rid of customizing your team and using them tactically during assaults is a major mistake and is simply a step down.  I'm getting Breakpoint once it is discounted because I'm not interested in CO-OP or PvP and Modern Warfare will be releasing the same month. Those online modes are fine, but I'm more into playing alone, so it is what it is. Now, the internet being required is pretty damn foolish and totally not warranted, so it makes it even easier to pass on it for a few months until a price cut. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/06/2019 at 03:20, bugkill said:

Sorry, bro, but I disagree. The lack of AI teammates at some point in Breakpoint makes the game limited for many Solo players. The whole thing about bringing people together and being social will only lead to less sales overall. The major issue with Wildlands from a PvE perspective was the AI teammates being horribly handled. It made ZERO sense that they couldn't go anywhere on the map on their own if I placed a marker a bunch of kilometers away. Players should have been able to bring up the tactical map, place a waypoint, and the team should be able to do whatever they need (jacking vehicles or getting into empty ones) to get there like all the other AI in the game. Also, the whole teleporting stuff was ridiculous and players should have been able to give them a command to eject from vehicles or get in them. They gave better AI squad control in Far Cry 5 and that made no damn sense for that to happen to a GR game.

We only needed Breakpoint to address the AI control and make them more versatile in a open world environment. They could have still made the game be mostly about lone survival, but late in the campaign, they could have players link up with the surviving members of their team to introduce new squad control commands. It is a freakin' open world game where having a team in a tactical environment is critical. That is what makes GR special, but they have turned into being more like The Division or Tomb Raider. Getting rid of customizing your team and using them tactically during assaults is a major mistake and is simply a step down.  I'm getting Breakpoint once it is discounted because I'm not interested in CO-OP or PvP and Modern Warfare will be releasing the same month. Those online modes are fine, but I'm more into playing alone, so it is what it is. Now, the internet being required is pretty damn foolish and totally not warranted, so it makes it even easier to pass on it for a few months until a price cut. 

You made a ton of great points my man. Its funny though I can't even think back to a game with really good AI that did what they were supposed to. Maybe R6 Vegas 2? I can't really remember too well. The whole idea of not having a squad is pretty janky but I think your idea could've worked.