Ghost Recon Startup: What is checked before the game menu comes up?

So playing around with my Violence of Action mod, it has absolutely horrendous load times (4+ minutes) and I think I finally have an idea of what's happening. From what I can tell, the game goes through certain files and checks the syntax of them and will not launch the game if there is a syntax error in these. I know it does this with the MP kit restrictions (RIP me with what probably amounts to a few million lines that need to be checked, I'm not joking) and believe it also checks the various files in the equips folder.

Anyone know if this is accurate and what exactly happens when the game is starting up? Looking for ways to keep load times down.

This is our experience as a coop group playing HU. A friend put up a dedicated server and load times were way too long. If the server crashed it took 3-4 minutes to be online after a reboot. Someone gave him an old laptop with and i7 in it. I never got the model number out of him but apparently it was a much faster CPU and load times and reboots were never too long after that. A reboot is 20-30 seconds where before it was 3-4 minutes.

When unpacking HU or VOA it takes several minutes and I blame the numerous .kit files and files in text form for this. I did a HU Adj Mod once which altered allot of the kit files. It was not a big mod but you could tell unpacking it that it slowed down while unpacking the .kit files.

Nothing definitive but that is for what it is worth.

The small text files definitely are slower to extract, probably due to the fact they are separate files. Granted, I believe that's more of an unpacking issue than an issue with launching the game.

Reducing the number of kit restrictions in VoA brings the times down drastically. Maybe I should redo MP and NOT go insane with the kits like I ended up doing. From what I can tell, seems that it checks certain files for syntax errors, with kit restrictions being one of them. What issues have you seen on the Ike.log file when the game won't let you start it?

I don't recall the ike.log being much help if the game won't launch at all. When that is the case it is usually a syntax error in a file I have been working on.
Seems there was another cause of the game not launching but I have forgotten it. 😞
We like a wide variety of weapons and secondaries but we usually use one kit restriction that has a adequate number of ATs and demos along with a few weapons we have a liking for.
Recently we added a Polish and Danish soldier into the kit restriction and tried to be faithful to the weapons they use in RL. Decent weapon sounds are important to me. Really only have 10 or so sounds that are excellent and the rest being passable.

Ike.log was helpful in pointing me to the exact kit restriction so I could figure out the syntax error, so that's what got me thinking about what the game does during the launch phase. This whole situation is more proof showing how this game wasn't designed to have tons of content.

Getting off topic a bit, but sounds are definitely major and one of the things I've been working on with VoA. I've been told that sound matters more than anything else for combat vets.