Ghost Recon.net Forums

Video Tutorial Series

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right on glad its helping a bit. I'll do a command map video at a later date. As I get around to it.  For now here is 2 more. Full weapon modeling and UV Mapping. I'll be doing the texture one as

Remade one of the videos real quick and a youtube channel for it. I'll leave them up this time if I do more.   

This is something I recorded a while back. May not be a tutorial, but shows an older setup I used for reskinning models. I've made some optimizations since then, but may still be useful.

Posted Images

Do it. Always up for new content. Modeling videos were nice to watch, but wow I didn't fully realize how much works goes into it. Would be interested in seeing what considerations are needed for character modeling, especially the texturing.

Why you can not do everything at once in 5 max?
Blender does not know how to read rsb.
Many things in a blender are much more convenient than in 5 max.
Soon there will be a blender 2.8t many interesting things will be the same.

Blender does not use smooth groups at all. There is no work around for that I know of other then carefully modeling to avoid shading issues. Instead I'll be doing smooth groups in 3DSM5 which should only take a moment for this weapon.

I'll upload a few more videos here soon. I am finishing up with UV mapping2, texture 1, texture 2, texture 3, and baking. 

After that I'll start working on taking it from blender to 3dsm5, sizing, smoothing, rigging, exporting, scripting, sounds etc...

Then I'll be done with this section of the weapon modding for the most part unless I get request. I'll do some kit items later on, or stationary weapons if I can remember the rigging. 

Edited by pz3
  • Like 1

RussiaGhost Thanks for pointing that out real quick though. I just realized that might be an issue with baking. I'll find a work around so the bakes come out cleaner.

For anyone wondering what the baking section will be about. It is simply adding Image based lighting to the texture. That way you get more believable coloring and shadows. 

Edited by pz3

I believe I use to use .obj but if not .3ds should work.  When I get to that point I'll test both and figure out which one to use in the tutorial. 

Yes and my obj plugins are freezing in 3d studio max. Seams most are losing coordinates. I last attempted this in blender 2.78 and it worked fine.

I'll find a work around give me a couple days. 

Edited by pz3

NEW UPLOAD

Sending To Max and Scaling

*Note* I recorded the whole process, including setting up all mod files, but the recording didn't save past 8 minutes for some reason. Frustrating. I'll do it again in smaller steps in the next couple days. Hopefully there won't be any big issues with recording.

Edited by pz3
  • Like 1

NEW UPLOADS

Smoothing Groups

Export to GR

Setting Up Weapon Files

Creating Kit Icons

Creating Weapon Sounds

Setting Up Weapon Sounds

If all goes accordingly. You will have a new weapon created. The only remaining thing to do is setup weapon kit restrictions will be coming up in another tutorial as soon as I find some more time to do it.  End result will look similar to this. 

Remember you must adjust the position of the weapon and points to get good hand placement.  Simply move the model and points around as needed. If the model doesn't update export to desktop and replace the file using file explorer. 

*NOTE* Do not move right hand point.

Hope you guys enjoy these tutorials.

ScreenShot2.jpg

Edited by pz3
  • Tier 1 Post 2

NEW UPLOADS

Kit Restriction Editing

Replacing Main Menu Backgrounds

That is awesome Rocky. Thanks for sharing it. I found a little time to make two more today. More in the future. 

Also I have quite a few Blender tutorials uploaded on a different you tube account. 

You can check them out here.

Edited by pz3
1 hour ago, Rocky said:

This is amazing, I tweeted it out to the masses!

Funnily enough someone commented on one of my videos asking for tutorials for modding OGR, naturally I sent them here :)

• Like 1