Not getting tier points from downing choppers anymore?

hey guys!

I used to be able to take down helicopters with an HTI and get 300+ tier points for it, but since the helicopter update I've been getting no tier points for taking down choppers or cars, is anyone else experiencing this, is there a fix?

Never got a clear answer on whether its a glitch or a patch to control easy farming...

either way, Tier 1 mode continues to be a frustratingly designed way to extend the game without a proper game+ mode..

aimbot is bad enough at lower levels that turning certain parts of the Hud back on becomes tempting

if it is a patch to control farming I'm not wasting any more of my time on tier 1 mode. It's a fair way of getting points and no worse than replaying the inca camina missions for the umpteenth time. 

I was sneaking up to a convoy while on hunted mode where there's no feasible way they know i'm there, they suddenly turn around and run in my direction and shoot me before I can even aim in his direction, seems grossly unfair. 

that's not mentioning the gross unbalance of it, I have to put 5-6 shots into them but they can one shot kill me with a pistol no problem, or we have cars spawn right next to us as 'reinforcements' just as we're close to clearing the area and we get slaughtered. 

that with the constant grind of convoys, missions, more convoys, even MORE convoys, plus a few season challenges it's getting really boring, really fast, Pilgrim and i decided to mix it up a little by starting a 'horde mode' of sorts by ###### off unidad and hiding out in a defensible building, only to find that I wasn't getting any points when I took down the choppers or the cars, despite that being my primary role as I can take them out quickly and accurately.  

Edited by Zeealex

I'm not sure if the Tier levels actually change anything beyond forcing you into Extreme difficulty. 

The truth of the matter is that the game was clearly not balanced with Extreme difficulty in mind. That's why we have sicarios dual-wielding MAC-11s headshotting trained operators from 100m away. It reminds me a lot of the frustrations I had with the aimbots in the Red Storm games, though it's a lot more obnoxious here it's a bunch of thugs holding their weapons "gangsta"-style.

As for you having to put 5-6 shots into a sicario before he drops, that's a weird quirk of the game. It's not explained in-game but Wildlands has a critical hit system that is at 100% during stealth mode, hence why you're able to take down people with one shot. This drops to 0 once you're hunted or engaged.

Edited by nyleken