Ghost Recon: Wildlands Fallen Ghosts Review

The Combat knife animation while it does look cool takes much longer to do and you still receive damage while in the animation. Which can leave you at a big disadvantage, you'll probably be downed in bad situations.The DLC is very difficult even on lower difficulty settings. I was being flanked, shot with arrows, and overcome by enemies quite often. Large groups of heavily armored enemies are the standard enemies you fight normally. On a higher difficulty this will definitely take you a longer time to complete. For me it took a day and a half just about with almost no breaks. The new enemy types can really challenge you . They can counter a lot of your equipment and gear whereas Santa Blanca would normally just fall victim to it . The Jungle environment really makes you feel like your in a predator movie and being hunted by something dangerous.The tone is much more serious and dark, which i absolutely love. This feels much more like what I expected from ghost recon Wildlands when it was announced at E3. Some people complained about the dlc not being big or long enough but honestly I played through this in a day and a half of straight mission after mission without side missions , gun collecting, or collecting files and on Regular mode to complete on any harder difficulty you would have a larger challenge.Kinda lame that it's segmented from the main game so you don't carry over your weapons and your character but honestly I just grabbed a different gun and pimped it out all the same . Sadly though the new guns aren't in the base game that's the biggest disappointment because there are some awesome guns isolated in the dlc .Lastly the terrain of your final mission is so awesome because it really gives you the lower ground in a very drawn out gun fight, that's going to make you really earn your victory and give you that great sense of accomplishment afterwards. Narco Road was tasteless and did in no way reflect an open world tactical shooter . It was about street racing and gangs essentially. This DLC is amazing and makes me forget the crap of Narco Road. Leave what you think about the fallen ghosts dlc below this.

Edited by Bodark Zulu
  • Like 1

Yup, with all the goid comes the bad..

all this fallen ghosts content would be great for fulfilling the full potential of the main game.. the fact that its a separate entity is annoying..

the division did a great job of adding content immediately after completion of main game.. would have been great to see the same here..

oh well at least the content is worth the purchase

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

Yup, with all the goid comes the bad..

all this fallen ghosts content would be great for fulfilling the full potential of the main game.. the fact that its a separate entity is annoying..

the division did a great job of adding content immediately after completion of main game.. would have been great to see the same here..

oh well at least the content is worth the purchase

It sucks the weapons stay in the dlc man. I fell in love with the BMG Sniper Rifle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bodark Zulu said:

It sucks the weapons stay in the dlc man. I fell in love with the BMG Sniper Rifle.

glad i'm not the only one, I call it 'baby barrett' even though it's not a barrett, it passes off as one. 

SPOILERS!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

I liked fallen Ghosts, bit of a continuity issue though, why the heck is Bowman there? isn't she supposed to be in prison? I know you can get the good ending but that good ending is supposed to be the alternate, no?

I was saying to pilgrim yesterday, it would've been really good if they really darkened the story, like, Spec Ops: The Line level darkening, you see all of this shiz the extranjeros are committing and it pushes you to the brink of your sanity, but not as dark as Spec Ops to the point where you willy pete civilians, cause that's a little too dark. 
still, would've been 'good' to see nomad and crew really having to steel themselves with it all but with more than just a few bits of dialogue

I like how they tied it into GR:FS with the weapons and equipment too, and I'm a sucker to say the crossbow is my favourite toy. pair that with the fact that I couldn't trust the forest because of those scary as hell invisible people and you're onto one hell of an experience. 

• Like 1