6.83 Million!

Today, Ubisoft announced that more than 6.8 million unique players participated across Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands’ Beta phases, including the Open Beta that ended February 27th, breaking Ubisoft’s record for their biggest Beta phase ever. More than 2 billion minutes were played, and more than 60 percent of players gathered their squad to play the Open Beta in Co-Op, discovering the dangerous beauty of the wildlands ahead of the game’s launch on March 7th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC.

The Closed and Open Betas allowed players to start their fight against the Santa Blanca cartel by exploring two of the 21 total provinces in the largest action-adventure open world game ever created by Ubisoft. These two provinces offered very different experiences: Itacua is a flourishing and mountainous area, while Montuyoc, set in the arid and snowy Altiplano, is much more challenging. With each Beta, players were able to provide valuable feedback to the development team to help deliver the best experience at launch.

As a thank-you to fans, all players who participated in the technical test, Closed Beta or Open Beta (and will play the game by March 31st using the same Ubisoft account) will receive access to the Unidad* Conspiracy reward. This reward includes three exclusive missions set in the Media Luna region, one of the Unidad strongholds, and will be available for download post-launch*.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in Bolivia a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into an in-game narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any missions, in either four-player co-op, or solo, from beginning to end. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will be available on March 7th on current-gen consoles and PC.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please visit www.ghostrecon.com.

Infographie_OB_clear SHORT.png

• Like 2

Well, they did advertise it everywhere, amongst big YouTubers with millions of subscribers, Twitch streamers with hundreds of thousands of followers.

The problem is that Open Beta was so late, literally 1-2 weeks from the main release, what can they fix in that time?

With resources that massive. Probably a lot. 

The real question is what are they willing to fix?

54 minutes ago, Blame said:

The problem is that Open Beta was so late, literally 1-2 weeks from the main release, what can they fix in that time?

1 hour ago, EasyCo said:

With resources that massive. Probably a lot. 

The real question is what are they willing to fix?

Having worked on the game for 4 years, I doubt they can fix those ridiculous animation bugs in less than 2 weeks.

There have been some pretty ridiculous things I have encountered myself playing solo.

There are a few issues, but the base game is solid.

I'm not at all bothered about the issues because I know they are already working on them, there will probably be a early patch, and there will be regular patches thereafter. Ubi will be supporting Wildlands heavily so I am not concerned at all.

• Like 4

So after removing the OGR thoughts from my mind and just taking the game for what it is I played through beta in Coop and did have a lot of fun. I'll try and purchase it for the £30 off the legit key sites, although that is my entire weeks food money gone. (urgh being student for 5 years sucks!)

• Like 3