So has everyone settled on how they intend to play?

Difficulty?  

Amount of UI?

Amount of HUD?

Skill Unlocks?  powering up drones and raising damage resistance etc.

Uniform roleplay?  Change for the environment or time of day?

Limits on tranport?  Focus on removing icons off map or actually navigate terrain 

Drone usage?  Drone is overpowered (too much SI) with the amount of info and abilities it has (shutting off alarms etc)

Reliance on Rebels?  Mortar strike and uber vehicle airdrops

Class Base? 

Just curious about where everyone is at.. Rocky, do you know if xp and/or skill unlock progression was accelerated for the beta?

The way...

its meant to be played

*whispers* NVIDIAAAAAA

sorry, had to...

I'm a stealth sniper/recon playing on the hardest difficulty with the HUD sans some features switched on unless I'm screenshotting, I like it, i'm not complaining. 

I don't change my uniform unless i get bored and I use the drone/whatever other recon tools i can find to mark targets before going loud

I don't use the rebels unless I need a distraction to move off a unidad base undetected. 

Skill points normally go on stamina, drone or weapon handling and damage resistance. 

I drive on the roads where possible; better getting there slow and safe than not at all. 

• Like 1

Good questions champ, Stealth for me, love it.

Difficulty?  Extreme

Amount of HUD? Probably mini map only, not settled on this yet. Played some co-op (with Lightspeed) put HUD off and it was quite daunting initially - but I liked it lol.

Skill Unlocks?  I'll probably get into it, it's not high on my list personally.

Uniform roleplay?  I like it, but I'd rather spend the time playing than dressing up.

Drone usage?  Initially I  wasn't too keen, now I use it a lot. I think it should be spotted and shot down more regularly though.

Reliance on Rebels?  Not for me! I might dabble in it, but it takes away from the small Ghost unit mentality.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

I plan to walk to every objective.

Minimal HUD, plenty of drone but no markers.

And generally being L33T.

I don't know about walking, but this game is just too beautiful to fast travel so I will be travelling in a stolen car for the most part.

• Like 1

I agree with Rocky here. I've only used fast travel maybe twice.

Unlike other Ubisoft sandbox games, Wildlands actually has a level of visual fidelity that makes the world stunning to look at. Walking in the night during a thunderstorm is down right atmospheric. I wish the game had a photo mode for these moments, to be honest.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

Stealth mostly and when that goes FUBAR whatever it takes for the win.

I'm with you NC. 

I really enjoyed taking down the camp or village with stealth, but so easy to miss that one shot because they just moved their head to the side haha, happened so many times, i'm a terrible shot, can't wait to get a better scope on the sniper rifle. best i could manage was 603m, seemed they disappeared much further than that. on the flip side it was cool to be able to follow someone around this close:

pcjsAvC.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panic said:

I'm with you NC. 

I really enjoyed taking down the camp or village with stealth, but so easy to miss that one shot because they just moved their head to the side haha, happened so many times, i'm a terrible shot, can't wait to get a better scope on the sniper rifle. best i could manage was 603m, seemed they disappeared much further than that. on the flip side it was cool to be able to follow someone around this close:

pcjsAvC.jpg

553m for me. Being stuck with an ACOG sucks. I genuinely love how the MSR looks from an aesthetic perspective so I used that for most of the open beta (also because its stats outshine the other two sniper rifles available.)

46 minutes ago, Panic said:

:D  can we have a screenshot thread?

I'm sure Rocky has plenty of screenshots to share. Right? RIGHT?

2 hours ago, nyleken said:

I agree with Rocky here. I've only used fast travel maybe twice.

Unlike other Ubisoft sandbox games, Wildlands actually has a level of visual fidelity that makes the world stunning to look at. Walking in the night during a thunderstorm is down right atmospheric. I wish the game had a photo mode for these moments, to be honest.

Mate, get on twitter and see what I just posted.

Your dreams have come true!!

Wildlands is going to be the mother of all games for screenshots thanks to Nvidia Ansel!