Question for those who have played....

One of my biggest concerns for the longevity of the game is the lack of mission variety....

GTA IVs biggest problem was that it went from one handler character to another and they continually ordered you to drive somewhere and kill everyone..just got redundant..

GTA V fixed this somewhat by giving missions context whereby the tasks eventually built up to a big heist...in addition the missions though open ended also expertly mixed semi scripted parts too...

For those who have spent some time playing, does the game hint at variety and different context to the missions? I know Rocky mentioned the story being somewhat involving...

• 2 weeks later...

I can see some repetitiveness.

I played about 20 hours of the Closed Beta replaying some missions a few times. The Story does seem like it is pretty involved but based on your progress speed you may forget whats going on from mission to mission. There is no mission to mission suggesting/pushing though. It is truly in any order,speed, and how you want to play. The biggest issue to the possibility of things being repetitive would be how consistent your play style is. Play the same way and each mission will feel the same. In the end you will always be going to an encampment and sneak past or kill bad guys only to kill a specific target, gather Intel, or extract a target. But the process to getting to that end goal. It will always be the same if you make it that way.

I found playing the game alone was great if you wanted to be super slow and stealthy where playing with Friends was a blast but you have to be willing to go with the flow since any friend can blow it at any moment stealth wise.

The game dose reward stealthy play over loud and proud. Shooting a bad guy might net you 15 - 30xp where grabbing then knocking them out undetected will net you a solid 120xp. Big difference. So in a way for me i do feel a slight push to go quiet initially in this game just to rank up and get skill points faster.

When the open Beta comes around im going to try Ghost Mode no Hud. I hear that really makes the game Feel like a Tom Clancy series game. On Veteran mode with Full Hud felt almost like the Mercenaries Game With a little Just Cause combination. Still a lot of fun but tactics didn't feel needed as much.

• Like 1

Oh for sure, With how large the game is a constant grind might drive you a little crazy. One thing the game has for sure is A good amount of content with something like 21 bosses and those bosses all having missions that lead up to them. I took a dive and bought Gold, I normally don't do that with out knowing what the Season Pass content even is but I see this as being a constant pickup and play for at least a good year. Its setup to where you can load in and play 15 minutes or 15 hours. Doesn't matter nothing to hold you up.

Yeh I felt a little the same way, but perhaps coz I ended up repeating a few of the missions.

Sensible idea though, I can wait to make up my mind for sure.

One positive, is the amount of feedback on Ubisoft forums crying out for several of the things we all want.

More difficulty. Less choppers for starters. Prefer no or little HUD. More variety. More realistic.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2017 at 21:08, J4X0RS said:

I can see some repetitiveness.

I played about 20 hours of the Closed Beta replaying some missions a few times. The Story does seem like it is pretty involved but based on your progress speed you may forget whats going on from mission to mission. There is no mission to mission suggesting/pushing though. It is truly in any order,speed, and how you want to play. The biggest issue to the possibility of things being repetitive would be how consistent your play style is. Play the same way and each mission will feel the same. In the end you will always be going to an encampment and sneak past or kill bad guys only to kill a specific target, gather Intel, or extract a target. But the process to getting to that end goal. It will always be the same if you make it that way.

I found playing the game alone was great if you wanted to be super slow and stealthy where playing with Friends was a blast but you have to be willing to go with the flow since any friend can blow it at any moment stealth wise.

The game dose reward stealthy play over loud and proud. Shooting a bad guy might net you 15 - 30xp where grabbing then knocking them out undetected will net you a solid 120xp. Big difference. So in a way for me i do feel a slight push to go quiet initially in this game just to rank up and get skill points faster.

When the open Beta comes around im going to try Ghost Mode no Hud. I hear that really makes the game Feel like a Tom Clancy series game. On Veteran mode with Full Hud felt almost like the Mercenaries Game With a little Just Cause combination. Still a lot of fun but tactics didn't feel needed as much.

I have to say, reading this was exactly what I wanted to hear.

They stated they were adding two big expansions for the game that come with the season pass. How big? We don't know.

I could see them adding in cross-border raids into Peru. The Ghosts are black ops units anyways so them conducting illegal incursions into Peru makes sense.