Wildlands Closed Beta - Press Release

Yeah I'm not a loyal Ghost Recon customer either I bought the original and expansions and nothing since. I like open world games and tactical games so this one looks like one that I would like enough to ask for it for Christmas and my buddy bought me the CE back in Dec. so I didn't even pay for it. 

I was always fascinated by some of their Lithtech Engine games. They almost made no effort to hide the fact that they were using the engine from FEAR. It actually reminded me of how Dark Messiah still used the same menu from Half Life 2.

From what I've seen of GW3, it looks promising. Maybe not hardcore tactical shooter but I'm also the type of guy who likes Sniper Elite so....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightCrawler said:

That's open beta isn't it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/579800/

Nope, it's being called 'open beta' but is invite only.

1 hour ago, Zeealex said:

I'm the oddball that didn't actually mind them. it seems they're getting better, i mean, look at Art of Victory and compare that to GW2... getting better :D

I did too, I approached it with realistic expectations; these guys were working with an entire project budget that Ubisoft would burn through in less then a day. Rough edges all over, you bet, but labor of love and attention to a lot of things that were firsts for budget games, and made the game fun in its day -- just worked.

I haven't tried it yet but I think this one will be something special: CryENGINE® 3, lots of help from the people at Crytek (one of whom I know personally that has been there since get-go, and have worked with -- yes Lighty I used work on games).  From what I'm hearing this is a labor of love, again one you have to curtail expectation on the basis of budget, team size, and man/woman hours put into it -- but could be a real sleeper...

Key trades anyone, I have three...

Edited by 101459

On 1/31/2017 at 23:41, spikemtz said:

Yep! Elite Warriors: Vietnam! I like the nWorld engine games, but they are definitely buggy. Retroism just re-released Line of Sight: Vietnam and Deadly Dozen on Steam. Not sure about Deadly Dozen, but they updated LOS:V and made it even buggier than it was before. 

Are you able to run the Steam version stable? Ive heard that the game crashes constanly. Is this just a Windows compatibility issue or a patch issue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Man that sniper ghost warrior looked zzzzzzz

So Negative! Why don't you try making a game! From the ground up including a render back-plane -- while we're at this approach to ridiculous non-sequitur; why don't you become a doctor, and an astronaut while your at it! 

=O)

• Like 1