What is your all time favorite Ghost Recon map?

Zeealex

8 minutes ago, Jeza said:

Moscow is one....another is when you have to stop russian dudes stealing the gas or something, maybe one more.....

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Ah but Moscow was like sleet, not really a snow map. 

I'm talking about FROSTBITE snow!

LOL, Jeza to the rescue! You're right, it's really just Mountain and Red Square that have snow. Not in the FROSTBITE sense of SNOW(!), but snow flakes, nonetheless. :)

• 1 month later...

Zee do an afghan snow map!. I remember waking up. Unzipping my sleep bag...Apperently I had snow all over me. The whole place was desert all year and on christmas morning we had about 6 inches of snow. 

Combined with sleeping in a graveyard and the spirit sticks with tribal flags all over them. It tossed me back for a moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the Castle map from the demo is my favorite. It's a great little map that encompasses a lot of the gameplay elements. Spent a ton of time replaying the demo over and over as a kid in coop with my sister before I was able to get my parents to buy me the full game. Good memories. If I only have a little time, it's alway a go to. I actually miss when developers would make a custom level for their demo version.

53 minutes ago, solr said:

I think that the Castle map from the demo is my favorite. It's a great little map that encompasses a lot of the gameplay elements. Spent a ton of time replaying the demo over and over as a kid in coop with my sister before I was able to get my parents to buy me the full game. Good memories. If I only have a little time, it's alway a go to. I actually miss when developers would make a custom level for their demo version.

Castle from the demo is always a popular "best map" selection, for the exact reasons you made. It has just about everything that offers many different challenges on quite a small play area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If I could pick one from OGR I think it would be Swamp.. I actually love the dense fog on that level and the murky feel.. it's great for staging point plank ambushes: I like to set my fireteams up in at least 2 separate concealed points within very close range of the enemy and set their orders to recon and hold so they all stay prone or take cover, and then do the old assault hotkey and a perfect coordinated ambush takes place. Of course there's always potential for mistakes but I'd say that tactic works more effectively on that level than some other levels. 

Refinery hands down on Desert Siege.. I've done some oilfield pipefitting for a year and I've seen many different facilities ranging from Refineries, Risers Stations, Processing and Export Plants, Pump Stations, Wells, Pump Jacks,  and the list goes on.. within a year I Estimate that I saw a couple hundred just between where I lived at the time and where I worked (a LOT of travel in that industry), anyways coming from this experience I can say that they did a better job creating a believable oil Refinery than most people have.. especially back then when it came out. Criticism of it though I think there would be more pipes and electrical components in a real site, but then, it is supposed to function first and foremost for the purpose of gameplay and oilfield realism isn't what they were 100% trying to capture, lol. Things I like about this map other than just the Refinery scenery itself; the approach to the Refinery entrance has the perfect assortment of boulders to bound and supress until you get to the front doorstep basically. I found this especially important on the HU version, as it is particularly brutal on the approach, and there is an element of urgency in disarming the bomb crew. Also there's just a perfect mix of a bit of open field combat and a fair bit of cqb. 

Island Thunder is hard for me to say at the moment because I haven't played the campaign in a while. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Caves will always hold a special place as it was the start of a love affair that never ended. The moment I dpawnedcin I was spellbound.

Caves for its ultimate pvp.

Tank, refinery and train depot for DS.

Swamp airfield for IT.

Favourite custom maps - definitely Year of the Monkey, followed by Frostbite.