Ghost Recon is 15 years old today! Post your memories!

Rocky

I made this several years ago from a audio recording of an Alpha Squad Rules Briefing we had before inserting on the Navyy Terek mission.
I used Arma 2... because I could lip sync the audio to the characters. We all had sweaty palms and a rapid pulse. :-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

Great post Havoc.

Time playing with the GRNET co-op team will always be tremendous find memories.

I can remember the first time I was ever asked to play in a co-op mission, with comms (Roger Wilco comms not phone LMAO) - I think it was with Alpha Squad, and I had absolutely no clue how a co-op game was played in a competitive environment - right after that I was hooked though.

One enduring memory competitive involved getting some data back to the extract point, before time ran out. The entire squad made it to extract apart from NYR32, who had to sprint like the clappers, with enemy tangos still patrolling the areas, over a large part of the map to make it to the rest of the team. It had been a challenge to get to extract and we were all totally stressed to the max - NYR had to make it back, or the mission was a failure! With the clock ticking down and us yelling like excited kids, he made it over a small bridge and into extract. Mission complete. The feeling of relief and achievement was awesome!

I'll always be thankful for the work, effort and innovation that the squads running competitive co-op games put into the scene, it was a huge time commitment, but everybody got so much out of it.

I've just been back look at the Tactical Elite site, I had forgotten so much about those days, really great days - great guys, great games.

ps, Havoc, isn't steam such a fricking pain when it comes to adding friends, it just never works for me! I tried to add "grnet-havok" and it said no member!

Now talk about bringing back memories.  Jeez.  Havok reappears out of nowhere, and then posts like this make me really, really miss those days.  I really hope a few of us from Team [GRNET] can catch up some time soon. :)

• Like 3

On 2/18/2017 at 15:29, Rocky said:

Great post Havoc.

Time playing with the GRNET co-op team will always be tremendous find memories.

I can remember the first time I was ever asked to play in a co-op mission, with comms (Roger Wilco comms not phone LMAO) - I think it was with Alpha Squad, and I had absolutely no clue how a co-op game was played in a competitive environment - right after that I was hooked though.

One enduring memory competitive involved getting some data back to the extract point, before time ran out. The entire squad made it to extract apart from NYR32, who had to sprint like the clappers, with enemy tangos still patrolling the areas, over a large part of the map to make it to the rest of the team. It had been a challenge to get to extract and we were all totally stressed to the max - NYR had to make it back, or the mission was a failure! With the clock ticking down and us yelling like excited kids, he made it over a small bridge and into extract. Mission complete. The feeling of relief and achievement was awesome!

I'll always be thankful for the work, effort and innovation that the squads running competitive co-op games put into the scene, it was a huge time commitment, but everybody got so much out of it.

I've just been back look at the Tactical Elite site, I had forgotten so much about those days, really great days - great guys, great games.

ps, Havoc, isn't steam such a fricking pain when it comes to adding friends, it just never works for me! I tried to add "grnet-havok" and it said no member!

NY saved our asses a few times....I can remember the Vilnius map where he was the only one left at the end and killed like 20+ tangos to extract.

Rocky you couldn't find me on Steam as I typed the wrong username in...my bad. It is actually grnet_havok.... with an underscore. *rolls eyes*

And I agree...the commitment that the squads who ran the different tourneys put in and scripted the missions was something else. 

15 hours ago, NYR_32 said:

Now talk about bringing back memories.  Jeez.  Havok reappears out of nowhere, and then posts like this make me really, really miss those days.  I really hope a few of us from Team [GRNET] can catch up some time soon. :)

Thanks for the steam hook-up, game with you soon hopefully!

@Wombat, brilliant clip!! LOL!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 23:15, Havok said:

Shout out to all those OGs as well......Rocky , Sartillies ;-) , NYR32, DarkRanger, WhiteKnight, El Nino, T1, PaveLow, BajaBravo, NightCrawler, PrivateB, ZeroAlpha, Feyhd, ZJJ, Zantar45, Weeboz, PotShot, Warhawk

OH SNAP, that's way to much 1337 in one sentence, your going to break the forums!

That azz cup tourney we all did was awesome, just a bunch of random forum goers go and make a team out of the blue. Good stuff! (What place did we come in anyway? I forgot!)

I'm going to have to go check out TE on they wayback.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I didn't get to play the first GR (on PC) because my start with the franchise was with Ghost Recon 2, from the first Xbox.

I remember when I saw the game for the first time, I was blown away by the great graphics and "combat system". When I started playing online (through the KAI network, connecting the Xbox to the PC, and this PC to the internet) I never stopped! Right after it was GR2:Summit Strike. With Xbox 360 I think I've had my best, playing GRAW and GRAW 2 even with people from other countries via LIVE (like @Ick himself, member of this forum!)

In search of more information, I registered here in 2005, but due to lack of proficiency in English, I ended up not participating as much. Now, with a system like "Google Translator", I can come here to participate and talk to other fans of the franchise.

A few years ago I created a site about "For FPS / TPS tactics", but due to everyday life and all our responsibilities as an adult, I ended up abandoning the site.

As a curiosity, I leave it below (in case anyone wanted to visit LOL)

https://sentandodedo.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/ghost-recon-future-soldier-primeiras-impressoes/

Aranha

• Like 2

• 8 months later...