Chechen war uniforms in GR

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I last wrote anything, but you know how it is - sometimes there just isn't enough time to do everything.

Anyway, I recently bought a book at a bookstall for about $5/£3 (so it was worth it) - it's "One Soldier's War in Chechnya" by Arkady Babchenko (very interesting read if you ask me). This book reminded me that I wanted to create a topic like that for some time - once upon a time I was doing some research about Russian uniforms in GR inspired by Chechen wars.

Two sources to prove that - one real, one fictional. The real one are photos from Chechen wars - we are lucky, some Polish people interested in Russian military made a collection of different photos, so there's no need to browse Google for hours:

https://picasaweb.google.com/108860538429450958271/WOJNYWCZECZENII199496199903

The title says "WARS IN CHECHNYA 1994-96; 1999-03". Some of the Russian soldiers seen in GR are almost the same as the ones presented there - very neat.

Second source is a movie based on the Chechen wars called "Purgatory" (1998) - I've seen it with Polish subtitles, but I think it is possible to find a version with English ones as well. Guys from Red Storm Entertainment must have seen it as well - take a look at the Spetsnaz guy from the movie, later recreated in the game.

Spetsnaz (1).jpg

Spetsnaz (2).jpg

Edited by Chudy Picio
  • Like 3