GRWildlands We Are Ghosts Trailer

I can see how the trailer gives that impression as it is so fast moving, with the vehicles etc, and the way it is cut, but the gameplay is not designed for run and gun. We need to see some good co-op gameplay footage.

i wonder if there'll be a "ghost edition" a "gold edition" a "pre order edition" a "skull edition" and a "day one ghost amazing shooter person edition" to go with their collectors edition? 

The trailer looks good (sans stupid cringy voice over)  and the collectors edition does look... okay, I guess, but not as a collectors edition, and personally speaking it's not exactly reassuring me that this is anything more than a hyped up money grab. I would expect collectors editions some weeks post release, not on release day; that gives the game some time to make its mark and make it 'collectable' other than that the 'collectors edition' bonuses are nothing more than cheaply made moot toys and added hype to make more money, i mean, have you seen the mic wire on that headset? it looks flimsy and weak, hardly something that would be portraying a military styling, not to mention it looks hilariously uncomfortable...

call me a pedant, but with ubi making 'collectors editions' of virtually every game they make, it sort of defeats the object. it's not just ubi i have this issue with though, time to update my video game rants blog i think...

Edited by Zeealex
  • Like 1

All these different editions of the game also offer additional customization items, which may set a precedent for microtransactions. That's a bit worrying, because I'm actually looking forward to the customization options the game may offer.

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for collectors editions, I like the idea of extras that add to the experience, like the map for example.

EU ONLY

ghost_recon_wildlands_uplay_collectors-e

I thought the headset look cool, not sure how the mic works though, doesn't look like it has a hinge, it may just flex up out of the way when not in use.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

I like the idea of extras that add to the experience, like the map for example.

see, there used to be mods and fan work for that... but UBI took them away so they could make more money...
###### with GTA you got a free map with the game anyway

Edited by Zeealex

Wow, you weren't kidding about the headset. It looks like absolute garbage.

It's not even just the flimsy mic, it's supposed to be a "replica" but it barely looks like the headset the Ghosts wear, which seem to be based off of Sordin headsets.

TO be honest, looking at the in game play, it looks like a cookie cutter of the division. the over the shoulder viewpoint, the movement system, Ubisoft has really entrenched itself as a over the shoulder (OTS) system for most of their games now. it started with GR:FS.. which moved into the GR: online .. which moved into The division.. now this. they essentially took the vantage point of Sam Fisher of the Splintercell series and mashed it into the GR franchise which now 3 franchises  all look and feel EXACTLY the same in play, feel and movements. they slapped some textures of guys with beards.. which is true of modern day black ops/spec ops members.

I just don't believe in it to this point. I watched the video carefully.. VERY carefully.. some things may function differently in wildlands but the exact same game build style OTS is being presented just in a new package(Game).

added later:

as for the editions.. wow, where do I start? it takes you away from the game. how many games have people bought, with all these additions, the extreme edition with all the trinkets (just junk). it a marketing ploy folks. they sell the game as the base but bump the cost of the game by adding some map, a cheap headset.. the soundtrack. how about the game? ok.. get the most expensive edition.. open it up and lay it all out on your table when you get it. now imagine your table minus all the stuff outside of the DVD or Digital download.. you just have trinkets you spent 60 quid or up to 90 quid  just to get the game and some junk. the tangibles I guess is what I'm saying. then you pay extra to get better firearms? they did this with GR:FS and GR:Online. now they make this huge freaking map and it just plays on what you probably have already.. the division...GR:FS.. and the splinter cell series.

sorry for the rant.... but I just wanted to warn people about what is really going on. watch your wallets folks. I hate to see people get duped..again

Edited by Papa6
additions
  • Like 1

At this point they may as well just rip off MGSV for all I care. It may not be a tactical shooter at this point but at least it would take notes from one of the most polished stealth games ever made.

My reasoning behind this is that I'm going to assume Wildlands has an overpowered one-button stealth takedown mechanic like so many other Ubisoft games with stealth elements, whereas MGSV has a one-button CQC mechanic that forces you to either put an enemy on a chokehold, use a CQC combo to take down a guard (which takes time and creates noise), or wrestle the gun out of the guard's arm and force him to surrender. That's only the gist of it, too. Chokeholds give you the options of interrogating guards and/or killing them with a knife or making them unconscious. Hell, go ahead and use him as a human shield too. Wrestling a gun gives you the options of shooting the ###### (creating the noise), or forcing him to lay down (which makes him a potential combatant in the instance of a combat alert). Additionally, enemies who have had their guns wrestled still have their sidearms, so you're forced to point your gun at him unless you wish to put him on a chokehold.

It's far superior to Ubisoft's overpowered one-hit takedown mechanic and would actually fit Wildlands from what I've seen.

Yeah... I don't know about that video. It seems the majority of his argument was about whether Wildlands would have competitive multiplayer and that it would be a deal breaker for him if it didn't. I was expecting a video on the mechanics shown on the trailers and the problems they could pose, not another retread of the same ol' schtick regarding Ubisoft's track records. We get it, everybody has already talked about it.

As for his statements regarding Siege, I'd argue that the game we got was far superior than what was shown at E3. Or maybe that's just me thinking back on the painfully cringeworthy "commentary" that accompanied it.

I think hes argument is also mainly about the "bait and switch" tactics such as in the graphics. To be fair, other companies realese nice trailers that graphically look significantly less beautiful than the trailer. The lesson to learn is that the community really wont know how this will play-out until its released.

Wildlands may be the another farcry or it may truly get back to "the roots of Ghost recon" classic....time will tell.

One thing I really really wish would come back is the modding ability which make OGR amazing till this day but Ubi seems to be set on DLC instead.

Edited by Burner

I think hes argument is also mainly about the "bait and switch" tactics such as in the graphics. To be fair, other companies realese nice trailers that graphically look significantly less beautiful than the trailer. The lesson to learn is that the community really wont know how this will play-out until its released.

Wildlands may be the another farcry or it may truly get back to "the roots of Ghost recon" classic....time will tell.

One thing I really really wish would come back is the modding ability which make OGR amazing till this day but Ubi seems to be set on DLC instead.

You can already tell that Wildlands has had a graphics downgrade. Compare the reveal trailer to the "We Are Ghosts" trailer.

I'm not expecting Wildlands to have much in the vein of OGR. That game was one of a kind in the series. At this point it's better to hope that Ubisoft is competent and actually releases a polished, fun game. 

Nope, it'll probably be DLC. Funny how Bethesda kind of started this trend with Oblivion but is far more generous towards the modding community. Hell, they gave consoles the ability to use mods on Fallout 4 recently.

Graphics downgrade, the buzz phrase that Ubi is stuck with because of Watchdogs. 

There is no Graphics downgrade in GRW, relax on that particular concern. 

E3 is going to be huge for GRW and will answer many questions, don't miss it!!

• Like 1

Graphics downgrade, the buzz phrase that Ubi is stuck with because of Watchdogs. 

There is no Graphics downgrade in GRW, relax on that particular concern. 

E3 is going to be huge for GRW and will answer many questions, don't miss it!!

Oh, I don't particularly care about graphics downgrades in general. Think the only time I was disappointed in that regard was Watch Dogs, funny enough.

Good, gameplay trailers are fine and all but I hope to see some actual gameplay footage for change.

• Like 1

what questions will it answer though? the questions we want to know the answers to? or the questions they want to answer?

I don't want some scripted answers and deflections from the stuff that really matters, by some ubisoft bought out yes man who still thinks they're doing the right thing. EVERYTHING i have seen so far I have taken with both positive and negative frames of mind, and each and every time i see something (like the collectors edition above) and i think "shameless money grab"

I don't even care about the graphical downgrades; graphical downgrades mean jack ######, Arma 3 just got a graphical downgrade nearly 3 years post release and I'm still playing it. The graphical downgrade itself isn't the issue, it's the feeling of betrayal, that ubisoft advertised something and we got something inferior to what was advertised, whether that was story mode, graphics, multiplayer, it doesn't matter, half the time they falsely advertised a game was actually working, when THOUSANDS of players begged to differ on release day. The graphical downgrade was the final reveal of the elephant in the room and that's why it gets so much attention and yes, it should live on the conscience of every dev who does it until they stop flipping doing it, not just ubisoft, everyone who's guilty of it, because it's downright wrong bordering on being against consumer rights, and contrary to popular belief, gamers aren't stupid. 

sure, ubisoft may be different this time round but with everything that's been going on recently you'll have to forgive me for sounding like twcrash here and taking things with a pinch of salt. 

The more I look at GR:W the more I see it's being overhyped, I don't want cringy voice overs and edgy music, I don't want big explosions and chase scenes, I want information, I want to know if this is a game i should waste time and money on, right now i'm expecting this to be nothing more than a DLC and microtransactions machine where the actual game and player comes second to lining their pockets, and if that is the case, i'm not interested. 

You can already tell that Wildlands has had a graphics downgrade. Compare the reveal trailer to the "We Are Ghosts" trailer.

I'm not expecting Wildlands to have much in the vein of OGR. That game was one of a kind in the series. At this point it's better to hope that Ubisoft is competent and actually releases a polished, fun game. 

I'm not sure we can draw a conclusion that there has been a downgrade. All we can really say is that this trailer, which may not be truly representative of the gameplay graphics we'll get,  is different in quality on some images to a previous trailer, which also may not be truly representative of the gameplay graphics we'll get.

Indeed, if you are into the whole downgrade conspiracy idea and believe there will be a downgrade, then shouldn't you be congratulating Ubisoft that this trailer is closer to the truth? The images of the cartel leader now look like gameplay images as opposed to cinematographic images.

I'm hoping Wildlands will have a lot in the vein of OGR, it has the potential and just needs the gameplay choices to be available. Well, a lot in the vein of OGR except the graphics of course, now that would be a downgrade.