Escape from Tarkov (EPIC)

Burner

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing.

I checked their website, I found out the game needs a 64-bit Operating System in a minimum setting.

dFk9gfF.jpg

Believe me, I tried...but, overall, best decision on last upgrade.  When you go back to older games that require more memory, ie CryEngine games, wow, makes a difference. 

Thanks for sharing Burner...I didn't know anything about this game

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

• 7 months later...

Escape from Tarkov looks like a very promising contender for a future tactical realism crown, indeed. Admittedly, I'm extremely sceptical of the whole always-online MMO survival aspect and the dangers of resource grinding and trading etc. this entails, but the core gameplay mechanics and the developers' attention to detail in this regard surely are impressive and give reason for optimism.

The more I delve into the available information on Escape from Tarkov, the more astonished I am. It is just incredible, this is the most promising tactical realism FPS in... over a decade. So much potential! It's like Battlestate Games looked at all the AAA developers out there, all fumbling around with their half-baked short-lived third-person console-centric braindead cinematic twitch-action railshooter shovelware garbage, saw their unique chance to fill a huge open gap in the market, and simply decided to take it by creating the first true tactical realism FPS since Ghost Recon and Raven Shield.

Mark my words! With their Escape from Tarkov, Battlestate Games has the potential to kick the entire ignorant self-indulging "established" games industry in their proverbial collective lazy fat behinds with so much force, they would not know what hit them! And if Battlestate should decide to fully support modding the game, including fan-made content additions, that kick could even turn out to be a death blow for some of those developers with a less than stellar record of recent customer satisfaction.

Godspeed and good hunting, Battlestate Games! You certainly deserve your chance!

• Like 2

So, I've been digging some more, and it turns out some of their admins and devs(?) are clan members of TAW - The Art of Warfare, one of the oldest tactical FPS clans that was established back in 2001 running Delta Force and (you guessed it) Ghost Recon. :)

Yes, the tactical realism aspects are absolute top-notch, but upon further investigation the developers don't seem all that interested in mods due to the game basically being an always-online MMO with centralized publisher-run servers, so my interest level has dropped sharply. Such a shame, with player-side P2P dedicated servers and modding tools included, this title would have had a real chance to conquer the world. Thank the tactical realism gods that we still have Ground Branch to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

Wholly Crap! I remember reading about this, and has it ever come a long way; looks outstanding! Wish there weren't the RPG elements and a more explicit intention for mod support, but there's up-side on both -- Russian Developers put in an enormous amount of serious effort into the kinds of attention to detail that get largely ignored elsewhere, and as they acknowledge they'd like to support fan made content, and the game is on Unity which is quite accessible, and the Stalker games became progressively more mod-able with time and attention from Fans; it seems reasonable to be optimistic here!

Edited by 101459
  • Like 1