Ouch!

NightCrawler

Ok, lemme go through the checklist...

• Thundercats
  • Transformers
  • G Force (Battle of the Planets over here in the UK)
  • Robotech
  • GI Joe (was known as Action man on this side of the pond)
  • Thunderbirds
  • He Man
  • Star Wars

Yep, I remember all of those...here are some more to whet your appetite...

• MASK
  • Moomins
  • Stingray
  • Joe 90
  • Fireball XL5
  • The Mysterious Cities of Gold
  • Dogtanion

Oh, and I just got the entire first series of Transformers on DVD in a 4 disc boxed set...it rocks!

EDIT: Just adding a couple more...

Edited by JoeSchmoe

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im 35 and to be honest im still 16 at heart my eldest kid looks at me kinda weird i think she sees me as more of a big brother than a dad

i grew up on thunderbirds only fools and horses and transformers , im still waiting for canadian satelite to get rab C nesbitt tho man i loved that show

Edited by snakebite1967

GI Joe (was known as Action man on this side of the pond)

they called it that? thats not right lol.

MASK

Moomins

Stingray

Joe 90

Fireball XL5

The Mysterious Cities of Gold

Dogtanion

the only one here that i seem to recall the name is Fireball XL5. the others i have never heard of here.

Nightcrawler, you can't be old. I turn 46 next month and I'm not old yet. Read my sig and live it--you'll stay young forever.

Finally I'm ousted as the oldest member on the forums once again. LOL

And no I'm not that old in my heart, just my body after trucking and concrete work, before I got smart and started my own company.

Heheheh...all these talks about old school cartoons...aahh..the memories....even though I'm not nearly as old as any of you FO...err...older personalities, I remember watching them as an 9 yr old...hahaha. (Yeah..yeah..I'll be there one day..and all that).

Anyone remember Galaxy Rangers? And Silverhawks?? Haha..those were great. Also Brave Star.

Nothing can beat the original Transofrmers. Hell, I remember when toys were still QUALITY!! Not the plastic crap that they sell today. I remember when Transformer toys were die-cast metal.

As far as Anime, that was the stock cartoon back home. Everything from Macross (err..Robotech for you here I guess), Go Lion (that's the Lion Voltron here in the U.S), Shogun Getter, Voltus V (it's in the voltron series but I'm guessing never released here in the U.S), Mazinger Z, Gundam, Armoured Trooper Votom....too much to mention.

Soundwave KICKS ######!!!!!! Megatron is pretty cool, Star Scream is one of the cooler characters.

MASK!! Mask was one of the best. Remember the toys?? With the little figures?

Hell, remember the Falklands War??? One of our reporters were there. Back home, we had coverage of that many many times a day. I guess, you guys in England remembers it too, although when I talk to my friends here in the United States, all of them (even in their mid-late 20s) say that they don't know much about it and that there weren't that many coverage.

Ahh..the memories...

Out.

No I remember the Falklands war pretty well even back then. i wasn't an idiot like most of the friends I had back in grade school/junior high. I respected and sympathized with the Brits and that bloody war.

Anyway, I am feeling down and out because I'm starting to feel old. I miss the old days before the world went all to HELL!

All this talk about old cartoons and mask and thundercats and stuff has made me feel sad for the "old days". Its almost funny calling it that. Goddddddd I hate being an adult!!!!

I guess I'm depressed because I just got my face kicked in by soup31314 because I praised him on his new gun model.........go figure. Its a 25mm semi-auto rifle cannon no less.

Actually, I loved his gun but I dared had an opinion (oh no stalker don't have an opinion...gets you in trouble). And of course being the idiot that I am I expressed my opinion. My opinion was that the real gun is only a prototype and wouldn't be a production model. Soup's response was to take his model and aim it at my head and pull the trigger.

I'm still looking for my teeth and eyeballs. :wacko:

Can some of you get together and sing the theme song to the thundercats? Or maybe sing the song to the "mask" cartoon show? It would make me feel better and it would remind me of a time when life made sense. ahhhhhhh......memories.....in the corner of my mind.....*music to 70s song*.............of the way we wereeeeeeee :mellow:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

I'm 18...

BTW, no one mentioned Captain Power (remember the thing where you could shoot at the people on your TV?) I was really young when that was about.

Anyway, in a group with older people is much more to my liking. I want to kill these kids who get on irc/forums and talk like "wat is u up 2?". I regularly threaten bans if I'm an op :wall:

But anyway, GR is much like the flight sim community. More talk about actual topics rather than random thoughts and pi*ssing contest :sheep:

Captain Power!! WOOO!! That show kicks ######!! With Sauron and the bad guys' cool looking but unfortunately incompetent infantry..hahaha

Thunder thunder thunder THUNDER CATS!!

What did Lion O used to scream out everytime that sword of his went all fancy?

Out

Edited by xG5kdo

Thats easy xg5kdo

*ahem* *clears throat*

thunder......Thunder...........THUNDERCATSSSSS .....

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FEEL THE MAGIC.....HEAR THE ROARRRRR.....THE THUNDERCATS ARE LOOSE!!

THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATSSSS.......*COOL SYNTHESIZED MEOW SOUND* THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATSSSSSSSSS *COOL SYNTHESIZED MEOW SOUND ENDS SONG*

In fact, if you don't like my singing here are links to the opening theme song.

Thundercats opening theme video

Thundercats theme song (audio only)

lol :lol:

ahhhhh now I feel good!. :hehe:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Mind your own bloody business Joe.... lol ;):lol:

Ok, just because i like you though, if you go to 2000adonline you will find loads of stuff there... :rocky:

@Stalker, thanks for the Thundercats idea, thats the first decent nights sleep iv'e had in years...... and yes, i was really there.... ;):ph34r:

Mind your own bloody business Joe.... lol ;):lol:

Ok, just because i like you though, if you go to 2000adonline you will find loads of stuff there... :rocky:

@Stalker, thanks for the Thundercats idea, thats the first decent nights sleep iv'e had in years...... and yes, i was really there.... ;):ph34r:

Oh, interesting. With what outfit?

Out.

Necron, we are "life experienced".

Nightcrawler, nice move. I did 20 as a cop, retired over 2 years ago. Got it out of my system, now I'm looking for work again but Colorado doesn't have much available. Fortunately, I had a secondary investment I'm living off of and haven't touched retirement money yet.

WK, I haven't forgotten the age of many in the forums. It was your pic, with the "highlights" in your hair that told me this was the place to be.

Maybe this was more my time than some others but here are some 'classic' cartoons :devil: :

Space Ghost

Ren and Stimpy

Rocko's Modern Life

-There was another AWESOME cat show too.. I STILL can not think of the name of it. The two cats who flew the aweseom jet and saved the day.

Anywya, had a brain-blank. MAybe I'll think of more.