Brother in LAW threatens my life

Papa6

This issue started 2 weeks ago about and started with a post on FACEBOOK whereby my wife posted a concern about a police K9 unit entering our honors student daughters class scaring the kids and the teacher. afterwards, maybe a few days or less, my wifes brother verbally bashed her saying he's tired of all her drama BS and some other disparaging things. This had my wife in tears and upset me. So I blocked him(brother in law) and his wife off my facebook account. my feelings are, this is MY family and our home and my family should feel safe and secure in our home.

then two weeks pass... nothing.

Today 11-16-2015, he writes my wife text messages that I'm the problem, I'm a leech, an uneducated ###### and some other things BUT, what caught our attention was, He sent her a text, (She's keeping the text conversation for any police investigation) stating that if he saw me somewhere, he'd put me in the hospital. He has a history of having a volatile temper and I DO believe if he sees the opportunity, he will hurt or kill me. With my medical disability from the military, I spend enough time in the hospital. 

So in the end, this evening I filed a police report of his intent to commit bodily harm against me. 

I just needed to get this off my chest because I haven't had any words with my wifes brother at all and why he would threaten me is beyond me. thanks for listening mates.

Papa6

WOW! mate that's awfull.

I had a similar situation with a family member, what I did was get a court order against him so if he came whithin 20 yards of me he would be arrested, it was served to him in person by a court official so I knew he got it. Never saw him again.

Not sure if you could do something similar?

Hop it gets sorted.

If I may be so crude... 

What a ing knob! I hope this gets sorted as John has said, a court order might be a good idea, stay vigilant dude, scum of the earth like him need to be locked up!

I really feel for you, I also fear for his wife, only God knows what happens behind closed doors.

you mates are all good in my book. Anyway, He showed his true colors to his own sister. I filed the police reports and by my states Law (Nevada) he can be charged with a felony threat of harassment.

I've been married to his sister for 15 years, I love her to death. She's a good, honest and upright woman.

Just seems that the infantile bullying AFTER getting out of school and becoming an adult goes away, or should and misses a few people. Now here's the kicker: He has a degree in psychology... let that sink in... This just boggles the mind. But I REALLY appreciate the kind replies and I'm keeping ALL my legal options open. I've instructed my kids to NEVER open the front door to him. With his explosive temper and knowing he'd go through with his threat, fortunately, I live in a "defend your castle state" (Nevada). I just hope it never comes to that. I hope he can seek some psychological help and put this situation behind us.

I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers mates!

Papa6

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Papa6,

What a strange situation! I thought it was particularly 'funny' to read he has a degree in psychology. It sounds similar to my boss who also studied psychology, but seems to lack all things you might think that goes with that.
Sad situation for all of you (wife, kids).

How are things now? Any developments?

Hope all is well.
Paul.