CAPD2: Ghost Legacy (hd actor + upgrade for capd2)

MrMoon

Wombat - bummer about the swamp airfield.  I was hoping to be abe to get the players to switch between NV and normal vision in and out of buildings.

Mr Moon - Thanks for the offer!  I'm thinking of changing some textures on my irregulars to some off-beat and humorous things possibly.  I love your work and creativity with the various combinations of outfits and accessories.  How about a straw woven cowboy-style hat as a head attachment?  Or a paired head attachment of hat and shades?  It is sunny and hot in Mexico during the day.

Apex - so glad to see you, too!  I'm trying to get this work done soon.  Mr. Moon's ATR/CHR set has been a real help in adding visual quality and variety, and Wombat's polling map is great.  I could never get the lighting tool to work way back when, and I only wish I knew how to make a good map.  

• Like 1

I couldn't leave the Swamp Airfield lighting alone. I may do it regardless of the burn marks and upload it to see what you think Thumper.

Example of Burn Marks which has a levels adjustment to see them easier:
burn marks.jpg

Below:Lighting with Dark Maps and Shadows on. Ambient set to 31 31 31. Used square spot on the light tower to throw light on ground. I could make it light more area which I think it needs. Inside rooms don't suffer from "burn marks" as bad if at all like the outside room which is most of the map minus inside of buildings. No adjustments on the screenie.
swamp.jpg

• Like 3

I checked out the adjustment mod version you posted the other day. The new skins and overall look are great!

However, the Support class seems to have limbs that are sharply polygonal compared to other class models. I've seen this with other mods too, but never figured out what causes it. It's always the Support class too, in any mod it happens. Are some of these custom models sharing some odd geometry or something of that sort? Or is it something on my end?

Also, I seem to be locked into using the CAPD2 Adjustment mod weapons no matter what mod I activate on top of them.  I like the 7.62mm mod weapons it includes, but I'd like to be able to use an M4 mod or a SCAR mod with it.

The first thing might just be me, though I'd like to fix it somehow if it is . The second is something that seems to be an issue with the mod itself. 

Looking forward to the full release!

• Like 2

Mr Moon - a straw hat (not sombrero style, just like a farmhand would wear) would be great. I was hoping there was a mod somewhere with that hat as an attachment, but all I find are helmets, caps, and boonies.   Also, I am thinking about using some of your textures to create new skins for the many irregulars I made with fractal images.  I am creating skins using logos and things to make the tshirts more realistic and current. Is this OK?

Wombat - thanks!  I am looking forward to it!

TJ - hadn't noticed those things, but the issuebyou experience is related to the kit paths set by the ATR files for the ghosts. The update by Moon sets new paths from the normal ones. The original mod I made did not, so that is why additional wraps mods won't interact. 

Excited!

• Like 2

TJ- The quick fix would be to play from the Multiplayer Tab in the main menu and then select the kit restriction your weapon mod provides.

Alternatively, for SP removing the actor and kit folders from the Adjustment Mod  might allow your weapon mod to work as you wish. I haven't tested this and the actor files point  to for example, Kits/ capd_rifleman folder in the adj mod so this may be the issue.

Lastly you could add the files to the adj mod of the weapons you wish to use. Quite a bit of work.

The CAPD adj mod was designed to run with CAPD only but you could make it work to your desire.
I'll have to have a look at the support class model but I'm guessing it is how the model was made in 3DSMax.

• Like 3

Yesterday, I used the lighting tool on CO4 Swamp_Airfield and tried to make it a night map.
Not even a passable result so I won't be uploading it. The .map file was corrupt but I was able to use the dark maps
but there were way too many "burn marks" to make it usable. :-(

• Like 2

Sorry for my last of responses this week, IRL things have most of my time.

Bummer Wombat.  I'd like to know if your efforts with darkmaps from a few posts ago is better than mine, cause I'd use it still.  

In further news, I have finished "restaffing" the mod with the bad guys thanks to Mr Moon's inspiring work.  I took a close look at my original OpFor ATRs and saw that I had to do some serious reskinning myself.  Again, Mr Moon's work showed me a way to improve my CHR skins, so that's what I did - to about 30 of them - and I am happy with the results of most of them.  Too little time IRL right now to keep tweaking further, but there are some good ones and some that are better than my originals, but not fully where I'd want them.  I really want to reassess every one of them but that exceeds my current gumption.  I worked hard to ensure no repeated ATRs in each mission, but obviously with 22 missions now, I have to recycle some of them in other missions.

I need to finish tweaking my last mission a bit further.  It combines stealth and assault in a three-way environment.

I also further tweaked my missions so they allow for the use of the maps in Firefight mode, and some are fully usable in Recon and T-v-T MP modes, but that is not my area of expertise.  I was thinking of adding some new weapons, but I cant get my old copy of 3DSMax to install because my username has a "." in it.  I am, however, reassessing the weapons originally put into the mod and will likely expand the options from my most recent 7.62mm Mod.  After all, if you're gonna go, go big (as in caliber)! 

-Thumper1518

• Like 3

My word have I been terrible lately.

Sorry guys I'm only really any good at modding when I can get into the 'zone'.

And getting into 'the zone' lately has been impossible, but today I was able to squeeze some zone time into today and low and behold we have a crappy staw hat hooray :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ru8badpfq9gqy7/strawhat.zip

Picture link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thanatos-five-zero/images/strawhat

(Insert image seems to be broken for me right now)

• Like 5