CAPD2: Ghost Legacy (hd actor + upgrade for capd2)

MrMoon

I had a look at all the missions and played through a couple. Not for the faint of heart!
MrMoon has left no stone unturned. New character skins, 5 new missions, map retextures, sounds, music, splash screens and other additions all done with care.
I know he has done a great deal of this work by himself but gives credit where credit is due in the readme.

Credits:
ubisoft, Phlookian, Slug, Don Miguel, P2 mod team, Tinker, DTD Pro Mod Team, SAS mod team, BajaBravo, MONOLITH, Centcom mod team, Wombat50, The sum of all fears, Zeealex, Hana of Rambo mod, Thales100, Tovarishch , bigbluesoul, tomandandy, Natsanwa and Snowfella

Changelog:
New actors
New vehicles
New weapons
New sounds
New music
Updated textures
Retextured maps
New mission
Remixed original missions
Updated textures for airbase map

• Like 2

Mr. Moon - so sorry to hear this.  I hope you feel better and the GR bug bites again!  I am almost done with my update to C&PD2, and I hope it also helps highlight how inspirational your work is.  I hope you also like the way I have incorporated it into the updated mod.  Speaking of which, I'm gonna be looking for beta testers to help clear out bugs before we go full public.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone-

i have finished a reworking of my CAPD2 mod thanks to the inspiration of Mr Moon and the others. I added four new missions with dynamic elements to them on new maps (to the mod, not new to the GR community). I updated the weapons used by the bad guys and the skins for almost all of the opfor.   The new missions require combinations of stealth, assault, tactical awareness, and even randomization of the location of particular objectives.  I will need a touch of patience as I did not have beta testers for the four final missions, and I tried to do the best I could to deal with scripting issues.  So many of you fans and modders have led me to this point.  Thanks!!

I still love this game!

Edited by Thumper1518
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Thumper1518 said:

Hi everyone-

i have finished a reworking of my CAPD2 mod thanks to the inspiration of Mr Moon and the others. I added four new missions with dynamic elements to them on new maps (to the mod, not new to the GR community). I updated the weapons used by the bad guys and the skins for almost all of the opfor.   The new missions require combinations of stealth, assault, tactical awareness, and even randomization of the location of particular objectives.  I will need a touch of patience as I did not have beta testers for the four final missions, and I tried to do the best I could to deal with scripting issues.  So many of you fans and modders have led me to this point.  Thanks!!

I still love this game!

Me too, looking forward for this rework, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Hi Thumper,
I hex edited the .map files for Cartel, Trafic and lvov so the vegetation would be correctly tagged. Previously AI could see through all the vegetation on Cartel and Trafic maps and parts of the lvov map. I included some edited vegetation textures as they did not have correct tagging with the RSB editor. I had done these maps for HU but I had to do them again as some of the file names had been changed. I worked off of CAPD2-v1.1.

I set it up as a mod for testing. If you are satisfied you can integrate it into your mod. If I had not thought so highly of your mod I would not have bothered but the missions are fantastic.  
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lp3t20rcp7uq320/CAPD_Retagged.rar

Many thanks to AlexKimov for the map template he made used in conjunction with the 010 Editor to hex edit the .map files. 

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 2

Wombat is DA MAN!  Maps working flawlessly for me so far!

Teaser of What's new in my update:

Clear & Present Danger II - Las Zetas

Version 2.0 Fixes
- added firefight(45).GTF file (45 enemies in firefights)
- added firefight(50-100).GTF file (random enemies 50-100 in firefights)
- added four new missions to campaign
- four extra maps (industrial valley day/night, mountain pass, and nms_12_urban streets)
- enabled firefight/recon mission ability to every map
- tweaks to missions (e.g., naming the missions)
- updated ATRs/skins for opfor, including hi-rez skins
- wider variety of opfor in each mission, no more repeated ATRs
- wider variety of opfor weapons to reflect narco-trafficking group's lack of standardization
- Ciudad Center (Polling map) updated darkmaps and lighting
- added more player weapons and kits
- tweaked kits (see below):
- reduced ammo carried to reflect light loads
- when carrying bigger secondaries, there is an "ammo penalty" to reflect weight sacrifices
- sensor kits only have one (1) sensor - no more littering the map with detectors
- snipers no longer carrying huge amounts of ammo
- new "Marksman" class (1 of every four riflemen) with Squad Designated Marksman (SMR/DMR) weapons, they have "(M)" next to their names and different loadouts from Riflemen
- marksman rifles use the Acog TA55 (5.5x) rifle sight
- MP kit restrictions updated
- incorporated parts of Droopy's Realism Mod
- inspired by and incorporated select parts of Wombat50/Mr Moon's realism update to C&PD2
- new (to C&PD2) Ghost CHRs from Heroes Unlimited and Bajabravo's SabreTeams

MAPS Credited:
Rawker - Industrial (Night) map

Blood Oil Maps:
BigBlueSoul - Gas Plant map (Shipyard in CAPD2)
Cobaka - Fishing Village map
Tinker - Storage map in CAPD2

Sixpence - Lvov map (from Bravo25)

TOF (christoff@libertysurf.fr) - Trafic in Colombie & Cartel maps

Biro - The Farm map

H-Hour - HHA Airport, TG1 maps

H-Hour & Tinker - Mountain Pass maps

Cobaka - Poppy Farm map

iso6, Ken, the Judge, and Nami - GRS_Chalet map

10mmAuto - Dourkbi map

Battleborne - Ossetian Woodlands map

Zeko - Industry Valley maps

Wombat50 - tweaking lighting and darkmaps for Cuidad Center (IT Polling) map,
editing on lvov, traffic, and cartel maps.

MAPS re-textured by Thumper1518:
Dourkbi (to dusky/rainy texture), Swamp Airfield (night texture), Cuidad Center
(Polling Center night texture)

CHR/Skins Credited:

Bajabravo - Sniper Desert and Oilworker skins/CHR files
Apex - Demo, Support, Rifleman CHRs and skins
Mr. Moon - selected Opfor ATR/CHR skins and attachments (a bunch!)

BO Vehicles
Tinker - Quad
Cobaka - VW Iltis
Hammer - All remaining vehicles

thales100:
Opfor AK Weapons

Droopy:
Combat Model and ballistics

If I used anyone's work without listing here, it's because I cannot find out who made what.  You have my deepest appreciation for your efforts and let me know so I can update the thanks/credits section.

SPECIAL THANKS & BETA-Testing: Tinker & Rocky (yes, that Rocky!)
-You guys have been truly awesome to me as I developed this mod.  Cheers!

Additional special thanks: Mr. Moon and Wombat50 for their inspiring talented work making me want to finish my update, and allowing me to incorporate their work into this update.

Tweaking the final mission and doing some "beta" testing before I put this out there.  Stay tuned...

• Like 2

Mission 1. Finished all objectives and I've got all my men at the extraction zone but nothing happens. Double checked in Igor as to where the EZ was then moved my men there for a second time. Still nothing.:wall:Any idea whats wrong?

• Like 1

Hope you don't find this to hard to believe but after finishing all objectives in mission 2 and taking my men to EZ it would not complete.:wall::wall:I had my men a little in the tunnel a little out of the tunnel and I even had them dance around for a little bit but still no avail.:whistle:Once I enlarged the EZ circle in Igor it worked like a charm. Keeping fingers crossed for Mission 3. OH! Still having fun minus the EZ problems.

• Like 2

EZ strikes again.:wall:I couldn't get mission 6 to complete. Tried multiple times and it would not register. Opened Igor and enlarged EZ and it worked fine. Seems to me that the EZ's that are small and right on the edge of the maps are the one's that I can't get to work. 

• Like 2