Ghost Recon.net Forums

ok im did the complete update so no more preview build but my GR is doing the damn flashing video thing again. I know I can set the cfg up to do 640x480 to get it right in windowed mode but I did have it working fine witout that work around not that long ago. Any ideas besides running with the windows mode?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesss it work for me also now , i put only the 3 directx .dll from the ENB folder in the root directory of GR but i have an error message for a d3dx9_26.dll missing and not present in ENB folder ..

Yeah, have that here too, thought it was a SLI issue when it very first happened, but running the game in windowed mode stopped it. Definitely agree its damn annoying and hope there's a better fix so

This works for my issue. Thanks!

It is what is written in the forums already where you play the game and it just flashes unless you edit the options.xml to run it in windowed mode. I haven't seen it in years and a couple months back after an update it started again. I assumed after Windows 10 went RTM that would be fixed (like in Windows 8) but it hasn't. Maybe next update but yeah I can't play it full screen and the windowed mode is damn annoying lol

Yeah, have that here too, thought it was a SLI issue when it very first happened, but running the game in windowed mode stopped it.

Definitely agree its damn annoying and hope there's a better fix soon.

it's the first time GR has not worked flawlessly in a new O/S change (as GR is always the first game I install after getting any new PC/hard-drive or windows change)

• Like 2

Hi, since i turn to windows 10 these last days , i have problem to play GR : when i run it , the menu (and game) is "flickering" ...impossible to play that way ! i don't know if it is a problem with nvidia drivers or Windows itself ...i try to change resolution , frequency of screen ,reinstall but no way .This problem does not occur in windowed mode (change in xml options) but the windows of menu is very small and when i go to the mission , the window is not centered so i cannot see certain elements on screen ....Is somehow has this problem ? and if it has no other solution , how to deal with the windows to be bigger and centered ??? yes , i think also to go back to 8.1 or even 7 because i want to continue playing GR !!! Thanks in advance for your help. :flowers:

Hey Acehole,

our fellow member twcrash has been having the same issue, it leads me to believe that perhaps directx 12 is the cause, rather than drivers

I can only recommend that you try to run the game in a virtual machine running and older version of windows

Edited by Zeealex

Actually edit your optins.xml file (or search the forums here for a copy of it) and change the full screen mode to false. Now this will cause the menu screen to be really small on startuyp but you can change the ingame resolution to anything you want. For now this is the best thing we got.

Thanks for your interest and , for now , the problem can be solved in two ways but only in windowed mode : first , in option xml file , change for the windowed mode and for a resolution slight under your screen resolution (for me on a 1920x1080 change for 1915x1050) the splash screen run small but usable and the screen game fit the monitor screen perfectly , no flickering and run smooth , just have visible the window bar title ....the second (better way) is to use an utility call "borderless gaming" and the splash screen fit all the screen at the first launch and on the screen game it is like in "full screen" , perfect ! only little problem , when you end mission and you go back to menus , it is again on a small window but , for a next mission , go to "full screen" again ...So, the utility "force" windowed games in "full screen" and it work with other games too. In waiting a fix for GR , it is important to know if it is Windows 10 , new direct X, or the Nvidia drivers who cause this " flickering" and i wait for your feedback ...Perhaps , a different return from ATI graphics cards ?

So , it seems to be "direct x" to be responsible ? this Windows 10 seems to be a better windows but the compatibility with "old" games is very insufficient and "rollback" to windows 8.1 or 7 need a discussion that i wait for, because the future Wasteland who perhaps need this new "direct x" ... But,thanks in advance to GR fan who make a fix , i send him 1 kg of french nougat.... :flowers:

No , but i try and come back ...

Effectively , during the install process , windows install a generic driver and update at the first reboot , but with no effect on the problem .Since , i change the driver for a fresh and new from Nvidia but same problem ...I try to install old direct x to see ....

• Like 1

I'm having similar issues, The game worked in 8.1 and since upgrading to Windows 10 with a fresh install the game doesn't even load!!

All that happens is the screen goes black/blank for 3 to 5 seconds and drops back to the desktop. I've tried everything here and just cant get it to work.

I'm surprised you guys are getting GR to work at all :help:

Anyone tried the obvious solution of compatibility mode?

Yep tried all the modes from from 95 to 8

also have to run with admin rights and also have Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution even for my monitor to go blank for 3 to 5 seconds. Ans also, there doesn't seem to be any of the error files either :(

I think even though they did an improvement in the DirectX 12 stack, they somehow did away with being able to run our beloved game. UNLESS, Microsoft comes up with a fix of some sort. But me thinks playing OGR will require a return to an earlier windows..

I think while testing build 9926 in the insider program, OGR ran fine, if memory serves. but as the builds increased, I think MSFT did something to the DX12 stack. reason for my thinking this is because, I played Dying light and when they updated the Nvidia drivers for the 10041 build, the Nvidia drivers(MSFT released new Nvidia drivers for the release of test build 10041 through the update feature) broke my games and nothing worked. I then reinstalled back to Win 8.1.

My thinking is, OGR is over for us unless, MSFT gives us an update to fix this or someone figures out a work around.

-Papa6

Edited by Papa6

Here's a solution apparently. http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1267912-ghost-recon-20012002-no-longer-works/?do=findComment&comment=596964144

somehow my gold edition doesn't install an options.xml file. could someone post the contents of this file so I can copy and paste it and create a options.xml?

thanks.

Papa6

Edited by Papa6

There used to be a way to get the Directx files and put them in the game folder but I am not sure where to get those files anymore. I did the web install of directx as well and no dice still flickering.

You can have the direct x setup in the cd/dvd of an old game ( me on the gold dvd of Gr) , but i try this setup on 2 versions without success .Anyway , i use a fresh install and my old file of "GR" with no problem for launch it , i use a separate partition for games and program so the new install of Windows change anything ...