Wildlands Ask Me Anything

three things I would like to see:

character customization:

I've mentioned it before, but with an open world shooter such as this, I think it would be really beneficial if the player character can be customized. not necessarily anything as big as gender, even though, that would be good. but just having the ability to choose your player character from the four, your gear's camo, your vest, your backpack etc. and as a result this will have an impact on your performance, for instance, if you choose a heavy vest, you cant move as easily, but you're more protected. but a vest with no armour doesnt protect you but provides you with much more agility.

I think it would have that little bit of extra depth that previous GR games have lacked.

Gunsmith NEEDS to make a return:

I thought Gunsmith was pretty badass to be fair, it was one of the few things I loved with GRFS. it was innovative, it allowed that extra bit of versatility. with Wildlands being in the setting that it is. weapon capturing and subsequent customization or upgrading would be really cool.

Switchable first/third person view:

that way it appeals to those who dont particularly like OTS shooters, therefore expanding their potential reach.

• Like 1

Switchable first/third person view:

that way it appeals to those who dont particularly like OTS shooters, therefore expanding their potential reach.

That's a must for me also.

Same for me.

Same here, Plus as I play with a 9 man squad it has to be more than 4 person MP coop or its a no starter

• Like 1

Hi Jay, welcome back.

When you watch that fantastic E3 trailer, you might be watching some of the stuff and thinking its just like Far Cry, like when the Ghost is leaning out of the jeep and puts a lorry over a cliff - BUT, to answer your question, YES it does feel like Ghost Recon - because you play it to your own style.

If you watch the E3 trailer again, look for two scenes in particular, firstly when the Ghosts split into 2 x two man teams, one team goes stealth through the long corn fields, just like original Ghost Recon. Secondly, when the sniper was on overwatch and took out white hat.

The inclusion of vehicles is very cool, planning such open ended non linear missions with jeeps and helicopters at your disposal is going to be freaking awesome.

Want to play it full on, kill everything? Go ahead - the story and challenges will adapt and change.

Want to play it stealth, like original Ghost Recon co-op, planning and being stealthy? Go right ahead, that's what I'll be doing!

ah yes I see what you mean, the intent of the end scene I think you are referring to is to show the spread of Bolivian drugs across the world as the plot revolves around this and hence why the Ghosts are sent to Bolivua :)

Thank's for the welcome back mate, hope thing's are good with you and everyone here at GhostRecon.Net.

Can you tell me if they slowed down the character "run" feature, i.e. for the consoles (not sure about the pc)

but if I held A or X and my guy just runs non stop, have they slowed that down any bit, say does my character slow down to any degree to "catch his breath" again.

I like that feature in games because it allows me to slow down myself and gather myself and maybe reassess my options.

You know playing FS and running and next thing you just stick to some awkward object you didn't intend to, head wreck at times.

(alot of shouting at the tv happens in cases like this lol)

• Like 1

Yep this is a good question, and one that was asked of the dev team - at this point in time, no commitment though.

Personally, I like the idea you cannot run around like a super human at full speed, so bring on the "catch your breath" moments for me.

Never mind the game, how were the breakfast croissants with Yves?

DS

Nobody ate anything, it was rabbit in the headlights stuff lol.

Err.. I was stuffing my face.

Lol really? I didn't think you stopped talking long enough to get a croissant in there lol.

Just kidding mate.

• Like 1

Hi Rocky,

Can you tell or say from what you have seen yourself, does it have a GR "feel" to it.

Love to go back to that old skool tactical / slow style gameplay.

Cheers,

Jay.

Hi FifaJay, long time no speak!

My own view was that it did have that feel. After messing about initially, the group I was in, Mattshotcha, ITK5 and Ulukai started to work as a team, because we had to. We didn't have headsets on, which was a hindrance as there was ambient conversations and character specific sounds from each player in the room, but we had to take on specific roles - one player on overwatch etc - and we also started using vehicles more tactically. After leaning out and wild firing an enemy truck, BF Hardline Hotwire style, from the first vehicle we got into, we started to use the vehicles as transport, disembarking to approach objectives on foot.

That initial fire fight with a truck load of soldiers ended badly for us, as it should. It was only when one of the team questioned the devs as to why the AI had attacked us just driving in an unmarked civilian vehicle that I had to admit that I was being a ######.

Hey, A.I. BlueFox, how's thing's mate?

It sound's like you guy's had a good time checking Wildland's out. Cheer's for the feedback, I was iffy when seeing it for the first time, but im warming up to it, let's see how it play's out.

I like the idea of vehicle interaction, and being more involved with the environment.

Do you think there will be host lobbies for multi-player?, I know there's the co-op campaign story mode for up to 4 player's, but those lobbies with a larger group to play Co-op mission's together with 8-16, they were good times and I'd love to see something like that again, even 8 player's I'd be happy with.

My other concern is will they support this game throughout when released?

We were kind of left hanging with Future soldier, so ya I'm kind of fearful they may abandon us after release of a few dlc package's.

Hi Jay, welcome back.

When you watch that fantastic E3 trailer, you might be watching some of the stuff and thinking its just like Far Cry, like when the Ghost is leaning out of the jeep and puts a lorry over a cliff - BUT, to answer your question, YES it does feel like Ghost Recon - because you play it to your own style.

If you watch the E3 trailer again, look for two scenes in particular, firstly when the Ghosts split into 2 x two man teams, one team goes stealth through the long corn fields, just like original Ghost Recon. Secondly, when the sniper was on overwatch and took out white hat.

The inclusion of vehicles is very cool, planning such open ended non linear missions with jeeps and helicopters at your disposal is going to be freaking awesome.

Want to play it full on, kill everything? Go ahead - the story and challenges will adapt and change.

Want to play it stealth, like original Ghost Recon co-op, planning and being stealthy? Go right ahead, that's what I'll be doing!

I like how this is heading.

I tried doing a word search in this thread with zero result...so sorry if it was covered already.

Q: On Single Player Campaign, do you play only one character or can you "soul swap" between characters on given missions?

Can you select various characters based on their expertise?

Thanks

• Like 2

My curiosity lies in the MP...

With such a huge map, I would hope the "arenas" would just be sections of map cordoned off for MP.. hopefully huge sections of maps, using the various environments..

My other curiosity has to do with missions/weather/time of day... in my "dream" tactical game it would be open world but doing missions would as in this game allow you to choose time of day to do the mission (granted in my mind those missions would be on different days altogether)... now time of day/weather doesnt just affect visibility but also the types of paths available.... a dry riverbed approach is no longer an option as it becomes a fast moving river on a stormy night.....was there any hint in any conversation that something like that was being considered?.....

• Like 2

Game definitely came out of nowhere.

Really loved the trailer and the sound of the gameplay so far.

Hoping for focus back to its roots.

-Similar to Led's question, can we soul swap/manage squad in SP?

-any idea if we'll see the effects of being injured again? (hope regen health isn't in!)

-are we back to lethal 1 shot kills, or bullet sponges?

• Like 1

-Similar to Led's question, can we soul swap/manage squad in SP?

-any idea if we'll see the effects of being injured again? (hope regen health isn't in!)

-are we back to lethal 1 shot kills, or bullet sponges?

Not sure how soul swapping will work at this point.

Gimping? We told the devs it was a popular feature, no commitment though.

1 Shot kills, for sure, they were talking about hit zones etc.

• Like 2