Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ubisoft have treated us fans like royalty over the last two weeks; firstly in Paris with trips to the design studios and to meet the CEO Yves Guilmont, and now in LA where they sat us in the front row at the E3 press conference.

I want to share not just what we saw of this new Ghost Recon game, but the whole experience of being in their dev studio, talking to the devs and the moment we found out about Ghost Recon Warlands. Ubisoft really welcomed us, genuinely and openly!

I'm able to discuss most of what I saw in Paris last week when Ubisoft asked the fans named in their open letter over to their studios to see the new Ghost Recon, and everything from the games public expose at E3!

Let's me know what's on your mind I'll answer if I can!

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a community we need to stop telling people what we think their game needs. I have looked at a ton of pre released games and what people want and you could NEVER satisfy that list. It's udder ridicu

My curiosity lies in the MP... With such a huge map, I would hope the "arenas" would just be sections of map cordoned off for MP.. hopefully huge sections of maps, using the various environments..

Not sure how soul swapping will work at this point. Gimping? We told the devs it was a popular feature, no commitment though. 1 Shot kills, for sure, they were talking about hit zones etc.

Modding capability has not been set yet, but there were some other E3 announcements around modding so lets keep the interest up on this point and hope for something positive to be announced further donwn the line :)

• Like 1

Estimated release date? And how's the gameplay compared to Future Soldier, the first 3rd person clips I saw live on Twitch I instantly knew this has to be another GR, the movement looks same.

What game modes does it have and does it have an FPS limit - 60fps or does it go well beyond 150fps?

Hi Rocky I see in the clips I have see, it looks to be 3rd person perspective and jumping to 1st person when in the sights. Any word on an option to stay in 1st person ? im guessing not looking at some of the work that's gone into the fancy animations for jumping in and out of vehicles and grabbing people. It only seems to be 4 player MP is this correct ?

Hi Rocky,

Can you list what you do know about the game, one thing I do want to know is number of player MP.

Only co-op mode is being shown, 4 player teams, adversarial is unannouned .

Hi Rocky I see in the clips I have see, it looks to be 3rd person perspective and jumping to 1st person when in the sights. Any word on an option to stay in 1st person ? im guessing not looking at some of the work that's gone into the fancy animations for jumping in and out of vehicles and grabbing people. It only seems to be 4 player MP is this correct ?

Yeh 4 man co-op teams. Perspective is still under consideration from what I could gather, but third person view looks a certainty for Wildlands, but this is not written in stone at this stage.

Estimated release date? And how's the gameplay compared to Future Soldier, the first 3rd person clips I saw live on Twitch I instantly knew this has to be another GR, the movement looks same.

What game modes does it have and does it have an FPS limit - 60fps or does it go well beyond 150fps?

You can probably gather from the fact the Wildlands was one of the few games announced yesterday without a release date that it is sometime off. If you want a number on it, probably 18 months isnt a million miles away.

Way to early to list game modes, but you can count on all the usual ones.

Frames will depend on what gaming rig you have in 18 months :)

Frames will depend on what gaming rig you have in 18 months :)

Well, I assure you I can run Ultra :) i7-4790k, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133Mhz, Asus Maximus Ranger VII MoBo, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming, that's all you need to know :)

Rocky, in a interview last night Yves Guilmont mentioned MP as being in the game.

Anyway what kinds of things did you suggest to the team, was there a general consensus of what people wanted from the game?

Was there anything you didn't like!

Thank you

The HUD was so minamalistic I can hardly remember it ;)

No futuristic overlays, that's for sure!

nice! maybe i was a little harsh last night, it seems like this might actually be the little bit of a glimmer of hope that the post '06 ghost recon franchise may have a good game yet.

hate to be the one who says it, character customization?

I gotta say, I thought this franchise was just dead. I never expected to even return to these forums. It's nice to see a fresh take on the franchise. Super excited to not see any reference to the words "Future" or "Advanced". lol

My question would be:

Why now? Why have they waited till now to bring in the community? It looks like the game is almost finished. I can't help but feel like this is a last ditch effort to try and smooth things over with us.

Edited by Lenney

Hey Lenny

They have actually engaged the community very early :)

Wildlands started 3 years ago, they engaged a very small subsection of the community 2 years ago for input on direction.

At this point now many many gameplay decisions have not been made, the game is still around 18 months away, so they are very much including fan feedback at a productive point.

Put it this way, I think I've completed about 7 workshops with ubi devs in the past 2 weeks. They don't set that up as a token gesture, they want to get as much feedback from us as they can.

Hope that convinced you they are serious :)

Hey meth yeh MP will be in, this is GR, but the development of Wildlands has not reached that stage yet. This is a good time to be vocal about what you expect from ghost recon multiplayer.

Hey Lenny

They have actually engaged the community very early :)

Wildlands started 3 years ago, they engaged a very small subsection of the community 2 years ago for input on direction.

At this point now many many gameplay decisions have not been made, the game is still around 18 months away, so they are very much including fan feedback at a productive point.

Put it this way, I think I've completed about 7 workshops with ubi devs in the past 2 weeks. They don't set that up as a token gesture, they want to get as much feedback from us as they can.

Hope that convinced you they are serious :)

Hey meth yeh MP will be in, this is GR, but the development of Wildlands has not reached that stage yet. This is a good time to be vocal about what you expect from ghost recon multiplayer.

That's great to hear. Hopefully they can deliver. I told myself I'd never install Uplay again, but if things are as you say, I may have to eat crow.

No need to eat anything undesirable, just get behind the game, be positive and vocal, now is time to shape this game.

On uPlay, I can't say anything, but uhm yeh, stay tuned on that one too :o)

• Like 1

I'm wondering what the reasons are behind limiting co-op to 4 slots.

Adding 2 or 4 more slots would allow the friends I play GR co-op with a shot at this game online.

If there are legitimate reasons I would be pleased to hear them.

Edited by wombat50

I'm wondering what the reasons are behind limiting co-op to 4 slots.

Adding 2 or 4 more slots would allow the friends I play GR co-op with a shot at this game online.

If there are legitimate reasons I would be pleased to hear them.

4 people is not too many and not too few, 1 person to cover each side, also not too many people to command and keep track of.

2 riflers, 1 sniper, 1 support.

At the first glance of the e3 trailer,i thought to myself :This is the ghost recon you have been having in your head buddy.I mean it just fit so well,the reality based gear,the different approah to an objective,the scnarios shown in the trailer,etc.To sum it up,depth and variety,it could be a platform of so much possibility if this title pulled out fine,just like cod4,but with profession and depth,more like an operator simulator.Well here is some thoughts I have been coming up with:

1.The motion capture stuff of the new title doesn't seem to resemble that in the Future Soldier right?To put it in an subjective way,it's not as smooth and professional(the two words I could find in my head for now) as it was in the Future Soldier,not sure of this,just a little bit,anyway,I hope it will inheritate the professional motion of characters as it was in Future Soldier.

2.I really appreciate the different approah concept shown in e3 this year,based on this,maybe there could be something like,pure recon mission(with or without firing),air strike guiding,ambush,you name it...you don't fire all the time right,lol,all in all,what operators do,a more complete experience.

3.Is the character in the future soldier in?wait a second..maybe not,it's not the same era right?Just nonsense,lol.But I really like the characters set in Future Soldier,Team Leader,Kozak,30K,Pepper,they are some convincing characters,I can see them as buddies when I am in the game.

The concept trailer in the e3 is really a good start,I truly hope this title could be a ghost recon with depth and varities,which can bring us immersion and the feeling of accomplishment for the years to come.Way to go guys!

I think for at least some of the missions it will be up to you, you can go stealth, or you can go in loud. There could be ramifications however - as this is an open world where the populace is going about their daily routines. If the Ghosts go in loud and make a fuss, the situation will change and they could see support driving in from nearby towns, or news spreads and the drug cartels change their operations based on news of special forces in the area.....

wow!I didn't see that coming,that's even better than I have imagined!can't wait.

I think for at least some of the missions it will be up to you, you can go stealth, or you can go in loud. There could be ramifications however - as this is an open world where the populace is going about their daily routines. If the Ghosts go in loud and make a fuss, the situation will change and they could see support driving in from nearby towns, or news spreads and the drug cartels change their operations based on news of special forces in the area.....

Edited by liyp

Yeh it's a live living world with 24 hour day night routines. Go in at night, and folks are in the beds :)

This is denfinitely next gen,some say that it is a mash-up ubi game,I say it's years of creation from ubi workshops start to come into effect,brilliant mash-up :fingersx:

(corrections:by the word "workshop",i mean "studio",poor english,sorry.lol)

Edited by liyp

I was blown away with the new trailer! my concern is the open world thing is awesome but the hardcore fans want the classic PVP siege. LMs,sharpshooter style. we want to play all the old maps. clan functions, actual customizations similar to rainbow six. we want our clan matches back!! keep your drones and all that fancy jazz!! give us GR2 through Graw 2.. and saVe me from Bungies destiny!,, hail Ghost Recon the true King!!!

• Like 1