Official DiRT Rally Thread

Cpl Ledanek

• 2 months later...

Nice

But you should post here first and copy and paste to groundbranch, not the other way round...priorities Led!

HA! I'm on a different timezone...I post more crazy vid...

co-pilot: lost left rear wheel...

led: we don't need no stinking rear wheel!

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice vid Led, is that how it is "out of the box" so to speak or are you running mods  ?

out of the box is okay...it's when you start changing your settings, specially if you know how to tweak cars...I DON'T! So, had to make friends to help me understand why I drive weird on my initial videos.  Most helpful is Porkhammer.  He was nice enough to share his settings on G27 and certain cars on certain stage via STEAM Workshop...which I don't know how STEAM and Codemasters does it.  You subscribe to a certain Workshop and it shows up in the game settings...MAGIC I TELL YA! 

a few updates btw...had to share with friends here too.

Finally built a newer gaming PC. Now truly appreciating how beautiful this game is at Ultra Setting. Before I had to play game at Low with screen tearing during replay. It's like a had cataract surgery. I think I'll make a Slow-motion movie so I can further appreciate the little things that I missed: motion blur, rocks flying off the tyres, and flames shooting off the exhaust pipes......specs Intel Core i7-6700K Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB MSI GTX 970 AX850 Corsair 750D

• Like 1

Steam workshop? What is this black magic you speak of?

see...I'm not the only one unaware of this! So, it a nutshell...if you want to share or use someone else's settings, go to that gamer's profile and they will have settings like G27 or Car settings.

Once you've subscribed to the setting, said setting will appear in the game's setting, either the controller or the car used

PhLCNmb.pngnDzqkBI.pngpc3T4iS.pngtcatIwI.png

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Thanks Led,  The Steam Workshop works well I use it for ARMA III there are a few mods and missions I have subscribed to. I believe it will also keep any mods you subscribe to updated as well.

wow, didn't know that works with ArMaIII.  Maybe if I have time, I'll check it vs me trying to string some commands in the shortcut properties.

• 2 months later...

Worth a Buy gave DiRT Rally a thumbs up and he's tough on reviewing games. This is 10 months old and early access but he had nothing negative to say which is unusual for him.
His review

I got onboard early thru another gamer. I guess I posted too much and number of my DiRT Series Youtube posting. 

Early on I made it clear I'm casual gamer and don't even drive manual. They got me hooked line and sinker with that beautiful Greece stage. 

Porkhammer and rest were kind enough to help with various Settings and tricks. Then really sold when a promise of Pikes Peak, which to me,  is the Holy Grail, followed by those Finland stages.

I really complimented the Art Department more than the Physics & Coding Department because I really hated the color hues on DiRT1-3...said my goodbye  with Showdown.

• Like 1