Cpl Ledanek

@Jeza, make a back up of your "effectsetup.xml"

inside your directory

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\forcefeedback

copy and paste this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<FFBEffects soloRampRate="1000" soloAttenuation="0">
<FFBEffectSelfAligningTorque device="wheel" scale="1.0"/>
<FFBlateral device="wheel" scale="1.0" velocityFactor="0.03" frictionGripScalar="60.0" frictionSurfaceScalar="5.0"/>
<FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.3" sample="smallCollisionWheel"/>
<FFBCollision device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.6" sample="largeCollisionWheel"/>
<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="1.0" thresholdLow="2.5" thresholdHigh="20.0" freq="5" length="0.4" sample="suspensionWheel"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="0.07" thresholdLow="0.01" thresholdHigh="0.6" damageZone="0" freq="20.0" length="0.1" sample="scrapeCollisionHigh"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="0.6" thresholdHigh="10.0" damageZone="0" freq="15.0" length="0.2" sample="smallCollisionHigh"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionLow"/>
<FFBCollision device="pad" scale="2.5" thresholdLow="10.0" thresholdHigh="5000.0" damageZone="0" freq="10.0" length="0.5" sample="largeCollisionHigh"/>
<FFBSkid device="pad" scale="0.55" thresholdLow="0.9" thresholdHigh="1.1" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="4" freqHigh="30.0" load="1.0" length="0.2" sample="skidBack"/>
<FFBSkid device="pad" scale="0.45" thresholdLow="1.0" thresholdHigh="1.3" thresholdMin="3.0" freqLow="16.0" freqHigh="16.0" load="1.0" length="0.1" sample="skidFront"/>
<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="2.0" thresholdLow="1.7" thresholdHigh="20.0" length="0.25" freq="10" sample="suspensionR1"/>
<FFBSuspension device="wheel" scale="0.045" thresholdLow="0.06" thresholdHigh="1.0" length="0.1" freq="5" sample="suspensionL1"/>
<FFBRevs device="wheel" scale="0.1" thresholdLow="0.1" thresholdHigh="1.2" freqLow="1" freqHigh="20.0" scaleLow="0.2" scaleHigh="0.95" length="0.1" sample="revEffect"/>
<FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="61125521121"/>
<FFBSample name="scrapeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98721" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="986454321"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="982312531"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="986454321" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="982312531" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="skidBack" wave="9" envelope="9" channel="0" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="skidFront" wave="9" envelope="9" channel="1" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98675462584" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionLow" wave="9" envelope="98765432629" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98675462594" channel="1" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionHigh" wave="9" envelope="98765432628" channel="1" solo="1"/>
<FFBSample name="suspensionR1" wave="9" envelope="9564720" channel="0"/>
<FFBSample name="suspensionL1" wave="1" envelope="9564720" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="revEffect" wave="91" envelope="9" channel="1"/>
<FFBSample name="smallCollisionWheel" wave="124689" envelope="97654321000"/>
<FFBSample name="largeCollisionWheel" wave="5697641345" envelope="9879987542312"/>
<FFBSample name="suspensionWheel" wave="64" envelope="9"/>

</FFBEffects>

• Like 1

Is it a successor to Richard Burns Rally?....not quite there...yet, but the community seems to be buzzing with modifications already.

Great vids as usual, Love the 3rd one, One of my favourite cars the Stratos, Heven if they do over heat a lot and catch fire, well the road going version anyway, That also looks like one of the Welsh Stages.

yes, I'm still not familiar with the names since Lamb is the only one I recognize from Richard Burns Rally....the rest are completely new to me.

I was mega-ton fuming last night when I fiddled with FRAPS audio recording. I had ....had....the best rally times early this morning, same track except morning overcast...I was breaking early at turns vs power sliding (looks good but its a surface trap for 4-6 secs of tire spinning)....blowing at higher speeds with reckless abandonment....make a spectacular jump

nlySDhL.jpg42qrRBm.jpg

but, the audio was lost!!!!

atm, the game doesn't save the replays, which most gamers are pleading Codemasters, that replays be saved for future use.

I try to get more videos

So what is that going to do when I paste it in? In there a good one for AC as well?

supposed to give a proper force feed back for G27s when you hit the sides of the road or trees. better than the default settings. I'll try to find the thread where I saw it, and it's way better than the default

read up here

videos

Edited by Cpl Ledanek
  • Like 1

Which stage you like so far Rocky?

I'm not sure why the "bowl" part of Sweet Lamb tortures me. I'm starting to agree with some folks complaining about too much grip. Specially when the road is wet...by science, a heavy object like a car, inertia dictates that a car that was in motion, will continue to displace its kinetic energy (slide in same direction) until an immovable force (tree) stops it. Anyhoo, enough of me pretending to be Eistein---or was it Graham Bell :hmm:

I'm really hating the replay set up...I wish the game automatically saves it for future viewing.

Had an epic ride downhill:

- crashed into a tree...twice

- was on two wheels for 5-10 secs

- barrel rolled, recovered

- blew front right tire, awesome sounds and car really dragged, had to fight it all the way to finish

- sparks were flying on the rim

then when I hit replay, it went to next menu without an option to return to replay so I can record it on FRAPS :wall:

Any, more crashes

and a clean, slow downhill

Edited by Cpl Ledanek
  • Like 1

Unfortunately.

It's just that before DiRT Rally, I've been road racing on Assetto Corsa, and after every race, you get to save the race.

It's a nice feature.

Codemasters has these new team of developers with more open ears and open minds that actually listened, and listened well.

I can only hope they take this replay save feature seriously.

more vids on the way.

Before

After

Edited by Cpl Ledanek
  • Like 2

I think I'm getting addicted....for every video I post, I must be doing 5-10 stages I'm not sharing

this was before I got introduce to the Ford Fiesta RS

now, messing around with different setting

Edited by Cpl Ledanek
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...