There it is!!!!!

Send me your address.... I'll ship you a free Ground Branch T-Shirt just so you can remember me since you won't be following the game anymore. :)

Seriously.

Ok John, if you are giving out free T-shirts for non-belief in your product then ....

I-dont-believe-you.gif

(or may be a ploy to get twcrash's address so you can crash into his home)

• Like 2

If my opinion doesn't matter why do you keep bringing me up? And Burner I don't understand your getting involved in this.Since I have only been supportive of the stuff you have done around here I don't get the slag.

Okay this is getting a bit personnel, can we just take a chill pill please and remember we are all about this same thing here, quality gaming.

No more comments directed at individuals please. :)

• Like 4

If my opinion doesn't matter why do you keep bringing me up? And Burner I don't understand your getting involved in this.Since I have only been supportive of the stuff you have done around here I don't get the slag.

Twcrash,

Its nothing personal I am just stating my opinion as you were, I just wanted a free shirt (and trying to make light of things.) You are completely entitled to and I support your right to have an opinion...no one can take that away from you. In fact, I respect that you voice your opinion.

(And the thing about Sonedecker crashing into your home was a joke but who really knows his intentions.)

I love the fact that his lack of getting a product to market in a 10 year span is somehow to be overlooked just because he is the great John Sondecker and if I question this I am somehow picking on him or GB.

It's outdated itself due to its length of time in production. the ArmA series , Insurgency,Squad COD and the Battlefield series and probably every other game that is military based has already done anything this title will ever due. It will bring nothing new to the genre. To act like it will is either blind devotion or being completely naive.

With that all said I think these new guys programing for GB are the best thing that could have happened to the title. It definitely has a chance at being decent with their input because let's be honest Mr Sondecker sucks at building games. he should stick to being an artist . I think he is in it to pay his rent and thats about it..

Having illusions of Grandeur is fine.....

I appreciate the supportive of my and others work on this forum, does not give you the right to insult, nor does it automatically guarantee an Army of support for you when you criticize others work. In fact, you are clearly insulting and presumptuous of Sondeckers intentions in your previous posts.

TW, All I'm pointing out is that you clearly don't believe in the efficiency or authenticity of Sondeckers work, and that is truly ok, you are entitled to state that. I am not saying that I am convinced either, but please dont resort to public insults, your better than that (I hope).

Edited by Burner

That is the ugliest cat I have ever seen, and completely not worth touching for a T-shirt or the vomit that I would spew on it after putting oil on this cat. Why would you breed a hairless cat... inhumane.

Excellent YouTube review of VapeBranch by the way.

d3bf4c978b35077bbefed455708ffca6.jpg

Edited by Burner

That is the ugliest cat I have ever seen, and completely not worth touching for a T-shirt or the vomit that I would spew on it after putting oil on this cat. Why would you breed a hairless cat... inhumane.

Excellent YouTube review of VapeBranch by the way.

d3bf4c978b35077bbefed455708ffca6.jpg

link to this YT please

A new Tech preview build has been released, see below for changes/fixes.

Changelist:

* Small stability fixes
* Reworked the weapon attachment system
* Is now much cleaner
* Allows multiple attachments (Due to this addition, we've disabled multiple FOV's until further notice)
* Allows user to fine tune placement on rail
* Detects overlap between attachments (overlapped attachment turns red)
* Actual attachment mesh used during process for better visualization
* Removed need to selected point for muzzle attachments
* Improved removal process by creating dedicated removal point for each item.
* More work done in area of restricting certain attachment types not being allowed to attach to others
* Reworked sight alignment system to be more robust and much easier to use (good for modders!)
* Reworked magnified optic magnification system
* added LinearFOV array to BaseOpticalSight BP.
* values should be in linear FOV at 1000m.
* will automatically calculate angular FOV's using these values using formula 0.0573 x linear FOV.
*Verified formula using information provided by optic manufacturers.
* Eye position reverts to non-engaged position during freelook if you look off center +/- 5°
* Fixed RedDot_CompM2 sight to be facing proper direction
* Lots animation tweaks and updates for locomotion, stances, grip and reloading (Still focusing on only M4 weapon for reloads)
* New recoil system in now in place. Still needs fine tuning, but basics are there
* M4 bolt now works properly during firing
* Added in caliber specific brass casings for ejection from weapon
* Fixed up some values so ejected brass no longer spins on ground and now lasts 40-60 seconds before fading
* Fixed various typos in UI
* Cleaned up pacth UV's on character
* Added in collison volumes to block off non-playable areas in ShootingRange map
* Added in missing mag release button to M4
* Upped the magnified optic RTT size to 512x512 from 256x256 to get clearer picture
* Changed color of 20rnd mag to black to fit weapon color scheme better and made sure it fit Mk12SPR properly
* Adjusted arm patch mesh size to be correct to NATO standards
* Reworked landscape layers/shaders to fix crash bug with terrain collision on some maps
* fixed suicide command firing after respawn
* fixed sight zeroing on Mk4 10x
* added support for invert mouse
* added support for Double Click Time.
* added smooth mouse setter/getter to fix log spam & ensure its set.
* fixed bolt hold open being set if round is fired without magazine in.
* charge animation will now play if bolt is forward & chamber is empty.
* improved sprinting.
* added bWeaponPositionPreventsSprinting variable.
* set if player switches to on target weapon position while sprinting.
* resets if player switches to off target weapon position or stops sprinting.
* added GBCharacter::CanSprint() - returns false if reloading or if bWeaponPositionPreventsSprinting is true.
* added direction check to GBCharacterMovement - must be +/- 22.5° within forward. Fixes moon walking smile.png
* replaced Sight_FlipUpBUIS with Sight_FlipUp_Back & Sight_FlipUp_Front

Edited by Zoog

• 2 weeks later...

Latest interview with John Sonedecker by Rocky!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-john-sonedecker.html

Great interview Rocky! Looking forward to GB, bought the operator edition on day 1!

Nice interview. Interview was done by WhiteKnight ;)

Also, as announced today, they've got an AI guy on board to help develop the AI framework for Ground Branch and the Unreal Engine.

As everyone knows, good AI is essential in a tactical shooter that includes Single Player and Coop modes. We have taken a big leap forward in achieving that goal for Ground Branch with the addition of Phil Carlisle (zoombapup on the forums). BlackFoot Studios will be collaborating on developing both a friendly and enemy AI solution for Ground Branch and Unreal Engine 4 in general. Phil brings a vast work history and knowledge and we look forward to working with him to bring the world of Ground Branch alive!

Phil Carlisle has been making games for more than 20 years. Initially as programmer on the multi-million selling Worms series of games for Team17. Then as an indie developer using a variety of engine technologies. During his time as an indie, he has written chapters in books such as the AI Wisdom series, the Game AI Pro series and has written and published academic work in a number of books and conference papers. He also served as CTO for a startup AI company focussed on emotional AI characters and user-centric AI programming tools called StoryBricks. More recently Phil has been contributing to the AI knowledge base for Epic's newly released Unreal Engine and has been finishing up his PhD work on Digital Actors. Phil's personal goal is to empower game designers to create believable characters by creating easily usable tools that drive more dynamic characters in much the same manner as a director drives an actor's performance.

Phil plans on charting his progress with forum posts and videos, so please check him out in the BFS forums!

Edited by Zoog
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my apologies for reviving this thread, but I REALLLY  wanna just grab the face textures in this game and rough them up a bit!! they're too cleaan!

from what I'm seeing as well there's slightly too much specularity on the clothing. i'm sure it's more a case for the finalisation process, but even still, these faces!!! 

• Like 1