Ghost Recon.net Forums

Marksmen DLC (& platform update)

Hone your shooting skills and engage in ranged combat. Celebrated with a brand new launch trailer, Bohemia Interactive today released the much-anticipated Arma 3 Marksmen DLC.

The Arma 3 Marksmen DLC includes seven new weapons, two scopes, remote designators, ghillie suits, firing drills, and the Marksmen showcase scenario.

The DLC is accompanied by a major platform update, which is free for all people who own Arma 3.

The supporting update introduces weapon resting and deployment, improved recoil simulation, improved AI suppression, various sound enhancements, a new multiplayer mode and showcase scenario, suppressor and bipod weapon attachments, heavy and grenadier vests, nine additional face paints, and Virtual Garage.

Creative Director Jay Crowe introduces the upcoming Arma 3 Marksmen DLC in a brand new dev blog.

http://arma3.com/news/arma-3-marksmen-dlc#.VSrMoJPJI3M

• Like 2

Overall, this DLC has been one of the most underwhelming releases BIS has put out in some time. Aside from breaking a whole swathe of community content -- and let's be honest, BIS games are kept afloat by the modding community -- the content added is subpar and not at all worthy of the money asked by BIS. From the shoddy (and in some cases, broken) "features", to the weapons (A .338 LMG, really?) to the useless (firing drills, anyone?) the entire DLC makes me think the Good Idea Fairy must have taken up permanent residence at BIS's offices. There's no other explanation for a company taking a product that could be so great, and making it so ... laughable.

• Like 2

i mean, the new vests are pretty and all, and i'm glad there's an M14 in the game now... but it was pretty underwhelming, to the point of saying it is a waste of money. I'm willing to bet the modding community would've done a better job with it for free if they piled them all in to work on different things together instead of dividing and conquering with that stupid MANW contest.

Edited by Zeealex
  • Like 2