A Sad Day for GRAW2

Hi everyone it is my sad duty to inform you that Bob Newman, A.K.A. MexicoBob has passed away. He suffered a heart attack Monday the 26th and was rushed to the hospital, on Wednesday he had a second heart attack and according to his wife apparently a stent in his heat collapsed and they were unable to revive him.

He was a great map maker and a great friend; he will be missed by his clan mates here in TAW.

Direwolf5

oh no... He recently bundled up my GRAW2 remake of the Quarry. oh dear... Rocky, can you put it up for download in honor and rememberance of Mexicobob? whoa... this is horrible... I'm soo thankful for his help in the bundling of Quarry_Papa6v2.

Very sad indeed.

Bob was an amazing modder, he did a lot of GR:AW to GR:AW2 conversions for both maps and missions, he worked with me countless times testing my maps and I helped him when he first started modding.

Please pass on my condolences to his family.

RIP Bob, we will all miss you greatly.

Hi everyone mexicobob's daughter is posting updates on his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/mexicobob?pnref=story

If any of you are in Texas here is the funeral information.

Visitation will be Monday evening 5-8 pm at Hillcrest East Funeral home on Carolina.
Funeral services will be Tuesday at noon at Scotsdale Baptist Church on 10015 Lockerbie. Interment to follow at Ft. Bliss Cemetery at 1:30 pm.

Feel free to come dressed in whatever attire you would normally wear, depending on how you knew my dad, Bob. It would be nice to see the variety of friends he had represented.

Thank you all for the kind words that you've expressed on his Facebook page, and for all the kindness you've shown him in life.

MexicoBob was a great friend and a great mapmaker, all of us here at TAW are heart broken.

Direwolf5

I've only just seen this news :(

This is extremely sad. Like most people here I only knew Bob through this tremendous community, and Bob was a genuine guy it was a pleasure to have around.

He went that extra mile to help everyone, all the time, and was an official GR.net supporter which again showed his dedication to the game, this site and its members.

If he was anything like he was around here in real life, this must be a desperate blow for his family and my thoughts go out to them.

This is so sad. I will miss him being around so much.

Can someone please let me know how I can send my condolences to his family.

• Like 3

A great guy...a great leader and a great innovator for TAW and GRAW. With this passing an icon does as well in both the GRAW community and TAW. Condolences to the family and all those who's life he has touched. Ride on Bob...Ride on.

/Cherry [CC SC]

The Art of Warfare

only found out other day i havnt been on this so long i forgot last time i was on it.the last time i was talking to him he was sick. what can i say i enjoyed him and he help remake maps for me for recon vs assault. we had some good laughs R.I.P Thanks bob for everything.

Edited by nigelk9

• 2 weeks later...

Respect Collection

Sadly, on the 26th of January 2015, prolific Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 modder Mexico Bob passed away. Out of respect for his commitment to the GRAW2 community, GhostRecon.net present the full collection of mods he worked on either alone or in collaboration with other modders.

DOWNLOAD ENTRY

• Like 2