"Richard's First Person Weapon Mod" (FPWV) 2014

Burner

Recently, I am unable to access the main ghostreconnet server where you download the main mods. Whenever I try to access the website, it always shows me this error "www.ghostrecon.net is currently unable to handle this request." Can anybody explain why and how to solve this issue

12 hours ago, Kotasium said:

Recently, I am unable to access the main ghostreconnet server where you download the main mods. Whenever I try to access the website, it always shows me this error "www.ghostrecon.net is currently unable to handle this request." Can anybody explain why and how to solve this issue

added to impromptu DL section :)

Edited by Zeealex

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know why the 64-bit camera exe's like FirstandThirdmerged64 2017.EXE and TPWV_64bit.exe don't work for me? Is there anything special I need to do to get 64-bit to work, do I need to patch the exe somehow? I'm running the latest version of the game version 1.4 and the 32-bit camera exe's work. I would prefer to use 64-bit if possible.

• 5 months later...

I've been using these mods and they've been great. However, I keep hearing of updated versions like "firstandthirdmerged642017.exe" and I wonder if they work any better than the first person view model mod that's still normally accessible.

I do know of a few minor gameplay related issues using this mod. One is in first person, looking up makes your character model a bit more visible than the view would indicate, so sometimes I get shot by someone I didn't think I would be. The other is rockets sometimes kill me, I assume because the model causes some clipping issues and causes me to die. Finally, sometimes the first person model gets in the way of me shooting. Pistols are particularly finnicky there. However, all these issues can be circumvented simply by briefly turning off the model and then turning it back on. However, are there any updated versions that fixed this that no longer are accessible because the old links are dead?

• 3 months later...

here is the dropbox with the code and all the trainers https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4e2tge6nxetd5u/AAAc-dS5B0tDMthIGWJfqTAoa?dl=0 

@Rocky can you update the mod page to include these please?

if anyone wants to tweak the trainer you can open the .ct files with cheatengine download at cheatengine.org, open the scripts and tweak away, they lack documentation though, but the logic is easy to figure out. if some of the .ct scripts crash the game try removing the double quotes from the label references in the code jmp "originalcode" -> jmp originalcode, a recent update to cheat engine requires this to be done

Edited by RichardG
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Don't know if anyone else is affected by this but when I tried the FPWV after the latest Windows update, anytime I try to make the weapon model appear, the game outright crashes. Is this affecting anyone else?

Event Viewer gives these two things:

One is the Warning saying: The file  could not be processed by the application D:\GOG Games\Tom Clancys Ghost Recon\GhostRecon.exe because it requires Indeo® Decoders of type IV32

And one is the error saying:

Faulting application name: GhostRecon.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x73655965
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 10.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc45ce044
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00027151
Faulting process id: 0x0x5680
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D8DAD29E1ABED9
Faulting application path: D:\GOG Games\Tom Clancys Ghost Recon\GhostRecon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
Report Id: 50e2e0ee-7e49-4b74-b4b8-47e4fdec92a1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by gameragodzilla

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Def-C said:

How do I install this Mod into the game? Also is this compatible with Heroes Unleashed?

It’s easy, just start the game and when you load into a map, Alt-Tab out, open the FPWV.exe file and hit the “[“ button. Perfectly compatible with Heroes Unleashed as well.

Let me know if it works for you, as I’m having trouble with crashes still after the latest Windows update.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

Still having issues with crashes, though I've isolated it to the 64 bit versions. 32 bit versions still seem to work (for now). Does anyone know why this is happening? What changed between updates to cause this? Has anyone figured out a fix? I finally managed to get someone to send me the first and third person merged file, but since that's 64 bit, it still crashes.

• 2 months later...
On 09/02/2023 at 22:19, gameragodzilla said:

Hello all,

Still having issues with crashes, though I've isolated it to the 64 bit versions. 32 bit versions still seem to work (for now). Does anyone know why this is happening? What changed between updates to cause this? Has anyone figured out a fix? I finally managed to get someone to send me the first and third person merged file, but since that's 64 bit, it still crashes.

Hey, can you send me the first and third person merged file too? thanks!

• 8 months later...