"Richard's First Person Weapon Mod" (FPWV) 2014

Burner

7 hours ago, goshima said:

I tried both links but the one on Drive says that the file is in violation of it's Terms of Service, and new link to MediaFire still says "Dangerous File Blocked." Now I'm not sure if the problem is on my end or yours 🙁

The .zip file contains 5-6 .exe files is probably the reason. But how they are detected in a .zip file is beyond me.
Tried both links just now and it is as you say.

Edited by wombat50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/12/2016 at 01:23, RichardG said:

the "I" button toggles the model and moves the camera back,

the "G" button kills the left/right offset scripts to center the view,

the "A" button activates the left side view and

the "D" button activates the right side view

does anyone still has this version? in regular tpwv  3rd b does not work for me, I would like to have left and right side views

Edited by die7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I was wondering if Richard is still around here. Recently, I've been trying to build another kind of view change trainer for GR1, which gives similar view to helmet cam. Still having trouble finding the right memory for camera positions though. Is there anyone expert at finding memory points or trying to build trainers like me??  

Edited by _LEON_

Hey Leon, so how i went about finding the memory locations is like this; i used a program called 'cheat engine' to view the decompiled code of the game while it is running and loaded into memory, then search for any change in the values of the memory addresses after i switch to the game and perform an action. so far i figured out;

pressing f1/f2 to change the camera modes in game gave me the memory address for showing the model and changing the camera type values are 0,1,2, removing the code just shows the model 

pressing the stance up and down key gave me the address of the y coordinates camera, peek left and right gave me the x coordinates

moving the mouse up and down and left and right gave me the offset for x and y for the mouse

using the binoculars to gave me the address of the range finder, 

switching between ghosts gave me the address of the current player actors position

there is one for triggering the animation for aiming down sights

there are a few others,

the major problem i am facing is the player is basically a box that slides around and serves as a mount for the camera. the model is standing inside the box, and is hunched over and does various animations independent of the position of the camera, so lots and lots of texture clipping happens. i can share with you the cheat engine file i used to create the most recent trainers and you can start there.

latest compiled trainer ads experiment

press middle mouse button to toggle on or off, you need to be crouched or standing for it to work correctly. if it dont work, toggle it on and off till it does.
was made for iron sights concept. models disappear when you zoom in cause scopes are not see through

i used cheat engine to scan for all values, then did an action in game, then filtered the results for changed values. i then repeated the process till i had a handful of addresses left and by then it was clear which ones were being affected, i then opened the memory viewer at that address and injected code there to disable the code and add my own code, which is mostly to save the value to a variable i created for use elsewhere or to set the value to something specific. i then save the code injection script to the cheat table and make a trainer to activate and deactivate the code block with key presses

my ghost recon dropbox folder

the older ct files my not compile because cheat engine has been updated and the syntax has changed for declaring labels, just change the old labels to the new syntax and your good to go, the latest ct has the new syntax for reference .

GhostRecon.CT GhostReconRRhjh.CT

Edited by RichardG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RichardG said:

Hey Leon, so how i went about finding the memory locations is like this; i used a program called 'cheat engine' to view the decompiled code of the game while it is running and loaded into memory, then search for any change in the values of the memory addresses after i switch to the game and perform an action. so far i figured out;

pressing f1/f2 to change the camera modes in game gave me the memory address for showing the model and changing the camera type values are 0,1,2, removing the code just shows the model 

pressing the stance up and down key gave me the address of the y coordinates camera, peek left and right gave me the x coordinates

moving the mouse up and down and left and right gave me the offset for x and y for the mouse

using the binoculars to gave me the address of the range finder, 

switching between ghosts gave me the address of the current player actors position

there is one for triggering the animation for aiming down sights

there are a few others,

the major problem i am facing is the player is basically a box that slides around and serves as a mount for the camera. the model is standing inside the box, and is hunched over and does various animations independent of the position of the camera, so lots and lots of texture clipping happens. i can share with you the cheat engine file i used to create the most recent trainers and you can start there.

latest compiled trainer ads experiment

press middle mouse button to toggle on or off, you need to be crouched or standing for it to work correctly. if it dont work, toggle it on and off till it does.
was made for iron sights concept. models disappear when you zoom in cause scopes are not see through

i used cheat engine to scan for all values, then did an action in game, then filtered the results for changed values. i then repeated the process till i had a handful of addresses left and by then it was clear which ones were being affected, i then opened the memory viewer at that address and injected code there to disable the code and add my own code, which is mostly to save the value to a variable i created for use elsewhere or to set the value to something specific. i then save the code injection script to the cheat table and make a trainer to activate and deactivate the code block with key presses

my ghost recon dropbox folder

the older ct files my not compile because cheat engine has been updated and the syntax has changed for declaring labels, just change the old labels to the new syntax and your good to go, the latest ct has the new syntax for reference .

GhostRecon.CT 174.28 kB · 2 downloads GhostReconRRhjh.CT 26.38 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much your sharing. Really appreciate it. I should look into the tables you shared. I assume there are so many things that I didn't know, should look into it.

So I was able to build my first view mod. All I did was just tweaking few lines but I like how it looks and how it works.

I would like to share this with you guys. Will it be okay to start a new topic and upload it? 

ps. Thanks again for RichardG, I think it's crazy(good way) how you found all the memory pointers and did all the code injections.

Short demo video

Edited by _LEON_
  • Like 2
  • Tier 1 Post 1

cool!!, what happens when he goes prone?, have your tried it with all weapon types? such as the anti tank rocket. i encountered an issue working on the first person view; when firing a rocket the back blast could injure or kill the player sometimes, so that is something to test for. also try it out in a building with stairs and tight hallways, there is always a risk of the camera going places it shouldn't. install some mods which add new player models, some have accessories on their heads that block the view also weapons holstered on the back can block the camera when in different stances.

i figured out how to remove them but it takes a lot of code, and i was only trying to remove one accessory from the face and there were multiple...  and by remove i mean, set the position to zero on one of the axis. so the object is floating in the center of the map on not in front of the camera.

walk around in various buildings and crawl under stuff. i'd like to see more demo videos and longer ones too. 

i want to help you make this mod the best it can be. 

Edited by RichardG
  • Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 1

i discovered that when you go prone the game moves the camera position forwards to match the position of the head while lying down, but the model pivots at the waist while the camera pivots on the spot so the model will only line up if your looking straight ahead, you could still adjust this value to get the camera in the correct location for the mod but it will take some doing to get it to change position with mouse input to stay lined up with the model. iv'e tried but i was never 100% lined up and the game crashed frequently due to the calculations. i believe the script is called "fb" or "forwardback" or maybe it was renamed to "camera forward" or "fpwv", i think it was named all those at some point during development anyways its in there somewhere. and "lr" script moves the camera left and right, the game does this for peeking animations, but you can fix the value for over the shoulder views or in your case side of the head views. 

example video

Edited by RichardG
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichardG said:

I discovered that when you go prone the game moves the camera position forwards to match the position of the head while lying down, but the model pivots at the waist while the camera pivots on the spot so the model will only line up if your looking straight ahead, you could still adjust this value to get the camera in the correct location for the mod but it will take some doing to get it to change position with mouse input to stay lined up with the model. iv'e tried but i was never 100% lined up and the game crashed frequently due to the calculations. i believe the script is called "fb" or "forwardback" or maybe it was renamed to "camera forward" or "fpwv", i think it was named all those at some point during development anyways its in there somewhere. and "lr" script moves the camera left and right, the game does this for peeking animations, but you can fix the value for over the shoulder views or in your case side of the head views. 

example video

Thank you for the feedbacks😀.

Yes, the camera was auto adjusted to head position when I go prone.

But I am not so sure what you mean by "only line up if your looking straight ahead." So I will post the video showing prone action and visibility of AT weapon. It is not on the vid but some AT weapons are attached to the back vertically, so it blocks the view of the camera. but we have many AT weapon choice, so I think that will not be a big issue. 

I also encountered error(game shut down) while turning on the "fpwv". In the trainer I made, I only used model show script and overhead script. Deleting the pointer link to 'zoom' in model script gave me stable performance(Not expert at assembly, so I might say wrong things about scripting). 

The reason I first suggested 'helmetcam mod' was that I was inspired by real helmetcam footage of combat situation. And I also thought that It might maximize the use of lean peeking(Q,E). This is not a full helmet view, but I think this one might be better since It gives visual feedback along the actions and lean peeking, without much texture clipping. I also wanted to minimize the discrepancy between where character sees and where I see. 

And....I was thinking that by adjusting zoom or camera position when firing, visual recoil might work. This is just my imagination though. 

demo video here!