"Richard's First Person Weapon Mod" (FPWV) 2014

Burner

hmm, raro. Usualmente el juego no crashea cuando uso el mod. ¿Que version del mod usas?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm, weird. Usually the game doesn't crash when I use the mod. Which version of the mod you use?

Edited by Jose21crisis

Thanks, Burner ,for your answer ...i understand that antivirus run false positive for files with "unknow reputation" but ,in this case, Norton delete immediately the files ,so i need to force Norton to accept the exe but i search how to do that .Sincerely.

Ok, i find the way for Norton to accept these files and i confirm that there are no viruses in thoses !!! so i try differents "weapons views" but i cannot have the fine effect i see in the "revisited" Frosbyte video ...so can i have the precise version of "Richard weapon view " you use ???? sincerely

Ok, i find the way for Norton to accept these files and i confirm that there are no viruses in thoses !!! so i try differents "weapons views" but i cannot have the fine effect i see in the "revisited" Frosbyte video ...so can i have the precise version of "Richard weapon view " you use ???? sincerely

Ace,

I use the FPWV 2015_64bit.exe file. I think this was the last release the Richard put out.

Burner

Thanks ,Burner, to take time to answer ! i use the same file but with not a very good result , as in your video ...i understand the way to use the .exe but wiyh my azerty keyboard (french) i think thai i use only the ]  so i need to try an other keyboard stroke to be sure that i use the good one :fingersx:

Not working .. i follow instruction properly first open gr then alt tab open trainer press [ still not working...i have  vanilla ghost recon version do i need to patch it?  .. and when i put mod in the mods folder when i open gr click option>mod my mod doesnt appear in the selection box 

13 hours ago, Burner said:

1. Run GR

2. ALT TAB Run Trainer

3. ALT TAB into GR and press "[" and "]" and see what happens

Try running trainer in Administrator mode.

Still not working .. just tell me how do you make it .. where did you edit to have that kind of view 

Edited by isam
  • Like 1

the trainers only work with ghost recon patched to version 1.4, sorry if i didn't make that clear.

I made this trainer with a program called cheatengine.exe , it shows you the De-compiled game code (in assembly language) as it is running and enables you to find addresses using data values and delete, edit and insert your own code. i took a few months to find the sections of code required to make these trainers, and i changed some values and inserted some code too. if u like you can run the trainer only and De-compile it using the cheatengine.exe then you can see all of my code in the memory browser section( the memory addresses that are translated to Ascii that is) then just copy and paste into a new "code injection" window, execute it and you will have my working code to tweak to your liking.

Edited by RichardG
Answering question about how to make this mod
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

i was watching the videos you guys posted earlier in the thread and noticed that you were having trouble clearing right corners because of the camera angle. so i tweaked the third person mod to enable side switching. its held together with duct tape so don't expect anything much from it.

the "I" button toggles the model and moves the camera back,

the "G" button kills the left/right offset scripts to center the view,

the "A" button activates the left side view and

the "D" button activates the right side view

also the camera is moved back farther like in SEO's videos so you can see more of the Avatar

someone please test this and make a video of this and post it in the thread if its bug free, thanks

p.s. i know the camera goes through walls, its unfix-able as far as i know unfortunately.

32 bit version

64 bit version

• Like 2

A huge thanks for your ongoing spectacular work, Richard! :thumbsup:

Is there any way to alter the trainer in order to auto-return to default view point during (analog) zoom, whether initiated via key or e.g. mouse / scroll wheel?

i tried to implement that feature before but i could not locate the base address that held the zoom value, therefore i cant write any code to respond to it. but if u want to turn the mod off and restore the original view when your zooming in , you could just press "]" or "o" till i figure something out.

made a trainer that merges the FPWV and TPWV, they don't work well together so the controls are slightly complex, but necessary to make it work;

"u" turns on 3rd person

"i" turns on first person

"o" turns both off

press "o" before u switch between them or the camera might freak out, also "o" is the "fix all" button should anything go horribly wrong.

"a + space" turns on left side offset

"d + space" turns on right side offset

"g" turns both off

i made it so that the shifts stick and only change when u want it too, therefore to switch sides you must first press "g" to turn the current offset off then select the one u want

32 bit version

64 bit version

• Like 3

I admit not downloading the new version of the mod but.......The bug that happens when you fire an AT weapon in first person, the one that makes your character get hit by the backblast, still present when using first person, or I have to change to original view/third person to fire without getting wounded?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 04:54, Wayne@196 said:

Richard can you tell me how I will run this mod/trainer.. 

I have the 32bit and V1.4 but I don't know where to go from there.

1. Run 'ghostrecon.exe'

2. Alt+tab to desktop

3.  Run FPWV (or TPWV or the combined trainer, whichever you prefer)

4. Go back to Ghost Recon

5. Activate views with desigated keys, for instance: on the most up to date trainer, first person = "i", deactivate view = "o", third person = "u". Furthermore you can offset the camera to the left or right in 3rd person mode by pressing space+a or space+d

All of this info is already right above though, dunno what your issue running it could be... 

Edited by Pvt. Snafu

I've gotta second Burners statement about you though Richard. You truly are a genius. I'd say half the reason I got back into Ghost Recon was seeing your weapon trainers in action. I can't remember specifically if it was Burners or Jeza's video that I saw first, but I do remember being blown away because I distinctly remembered any weapon view or third person mode being absent in the console versions. 

I'd say it significantly improves gameplay in the sense that you become aware of your muzzle flash if you choose unsupressed weapons. I would also like to say that the sensation of running(with FPWV activated) is substantially more realistic than many other tactical shooter titles from more recent years, which I found surprising. Part of this could be attributed to the authenticity of the motion capture for character models, and I think that particular little detail was wasted in the original game by not having first person weapon views.

This trainer is essential to all GR classic enthusiasts, thanks Richard. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The 32bit and 64bit link of the trainer is broken, please RichardG, I love your mod and I need the updated one. It would mean the world to me if you could re-upload it to either this site or mediafire or whatever. Please

Or if someone who got the latest trainer version, could you share it in this discusson? attach it in a reply

Edited by MajorTrump

1 hour ago, MajorTrump said:

The 32bit and 64bit link of the trainer is broken, please RichardG, I love your mod and I need the updated one. It would mean the world to me if you could re-upload it to either this site or mediafire or whatever. Please

Or if someone who got the latest trainer version, could you share it in this discusson? attach it in a reply

All versions can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/download/dedtdk5f66p0pck/Richards_Camera_MODs.zip 

This was posted in the previous page of this forum topic.

Edited by Burner