Assetto Corsa

Cpl Ledanek

• 1 month later...

OMG how did I not know about this game?

I just saw it on steam because I was looking at Project Cars and some dude said that Corsa was more realistic in some respects. Wish I had not bought Dirt Rally now, I should have got one of those, I just love beautiful racers.

If I did get one, should it be Project cars or Corsa??

Wow Rocky, I've been posting this to get your attention. I knew you like racing before, hence I posted these so you can catch up on what track/stages to get.

Don't worry about getting DiRT Rally, the AC community has been pushing the engine to create their own Rally racing out of AC. They are still working out the kinks of the 4WD since there was none to begin with. There was a Subaru back then but the updates have disabled it...plus it wasn't useful since there were no tracks at the time.

I sweat more with DiRT Rally vs Assetto C if you want to burn some calories.

Only reason I passed on Project Cars because it appeared that the system req (for me) was too much and relied on Eye Candy more than AC. Since most devs/ modders for Project C were from Shift 1 & 2, which in itself is amazing don't get me wrong. Its just that I get more entertainment with Rally vs Road racing.

So pick your poison: road or dirt?

Actually yeh, I do remember this post now because I remember those long winding shots you posted. I'm a sucker for eye candy in racers and the videos I watched of PCars were awesome, and claimed to be ingame footage, but then I saw folks posting that it doesn;t look as good as that in game so I don;t know lol.

I'll watch more YT vids.....

Here's mine ingame from Pcars, 4k @ max settings (minus max AA)

wd9TNJk.jpg

To be honest I don't think you can go wrong with AC though. Try and invest in a wheel and peddles when you get the chance though :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...