Future Recruitment SOCOM MIlsims https://discordapp.com/invite/7TFVXKR

Burner

Yeah I just had to remove the section of video with a restricted copy righted song. YouTube copy rights allow some songs and will block others in various countries.

YOTM has been really enjoyable and is extremely well done. I would put it side by side with Frostbite and Blood Oil as one of the best.

Edited by Burner
  • Like 2

Vietnam is a great setting for war games, but so woefully underutilized.

As for Ghost Recon, I read an article about how Resident Evil Remake Remastered (excuse the alliteration) was actually fairly successful for a digital title. That got me thinking: maybe a return to the tactical shooter roots of Ghost Recon would still find mainstream success. After all, the original Ghost Recon wasn't overly complex. It was a finely tuned realistic first person shooter with a balanced learning curve that appealed to newcomers to the genre as well as veterans.

By the way, I'm up for some coop if you're still interested. I've been nagging my friends to buy it but so far no success.

• Like 1

Vietnam is a great setting for war games, but so woefully underutilized.

...maybe a return to the tactical shooter roots of Ghost Recon would still find mainstream success. After all, the original Ghost Recon wasn't overly complex. It was a finely tuned realistic first person shooter with a balanced learning curve that appealed to newcomers to the genre as well as veterans.

By the way, I'm up for some coop if you're still interested. I've been nagging my friends to buy it but so far no success.

I agree. Vietnam is an unpopular war because it was lost, and we lost many lives in the fight. I think most of America wants to forget it. The terrain, the anti-guerrilla tactics, the counter insurgency operations of which our modern special operations built thier doctrine are all there. It seemed like the ultimate battlefield and the SAS uses the jungle to train in because of this harshness.

I hope GR Wildlands does stay true to the classic foundational tactical realism .

My schedule is just crazy so I dont have a lot of time for MP ops. Im, usually up at 12-3 am if Im doing any type of MP stuff. : )

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I found some spare time this weekend and booted up an old computer with GR1 on it.  Haven't played in a loooong time, but just ran through a few missions and forgot how good it was.

Is anybody meeting up to play online?  Would love a good Coop game.

• 3 months later...

Huge thanks to the creators of Blood Oil on Ghostrecon.net! Blood Oil is the platinum standard as far as modding GR. This is evidence of how awesome the GR modding community is and what can be done with mods in future titles. 

Edited by Burner

• 4 months later...

Task Force 181 - Afghanistan, Counter Taliban and Al Qaeda Operations by US Navy SEALs and other special operations forces.
One of the absolute most immersive missions I have ever played in Ghost Recon.  I love that we can do you operations in realistic countries where modern warfare is occurring. Amazing mission objectives, character models, sounds, scripting etc.....respect to the creators of the CENTCOM mod.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2017 at 07:53, Lightspeed said:

Ok I want in on this Burner! I am reinstalling GR and joining in asap.

Great map that one and some other classics in CentCom.

Hey Lightspeed,

If you are interested, please submit an application on http://burnerx.wix.com/wolfpackmilsims for further details. Ill send you a personal emial with instructions.

Anyone else who wants to join our operations please feel free to submit an application, we usaully play every Saturday @8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are some screenshots using TRYKs uniforms for upcoming CIA SAD ops in Lingor and in Takistan.....this is simulating scenes from a Ghost Recon Wildlands SFOD-A (US Army Special Forces) or a CIA SAD Ground Branch Unit in ARMA 3.  

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-32-13-094.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-31-47-970.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-31-36-039.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-31-25-114.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-31-17-089.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-30-12-593.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-29-56-433.jpg

Arma3 2017-05-18 04-29-43-259.jpg

Edited by Burner

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey @Rocky and @wombat50 and all the other members. Haven't posted here in a while but I do check in occasionally.
We are still recruiting at SOCOM Milsims https://discordapp.com/invite/7TFVXKR .

We use ARMA 3. Our operations are every Saturday at 2100 EST. We mainly replicate the US Navy SEAL operations as well as other SOF. We focus on both outside combat as well as CQB. If your interested in joining please submit an application in our discord channel.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Burner

Edited by Burner
  • Like 2