Future Recruitment SOCOM MIlsims https://discordapp.com/invite/7TFVXKR

Burner

Well that was certainly an enjoyable night of Ghost Recon. M02 and M04 were a blast to play as our platoon got away mostly unscathed save for some injuries.

M05 was a whole different story. We made some great progress up until the Embassy when some ominous Russian started shooting his Kalashnikov through rubble, causing 2/3 of Alpha to get eliminated. Eventually the Ghosts made it to the crash site until we (un)conveniently forgot about the spawns that appear after the objective was complete. THEN A ######ING TANK. We ran our asses towards the helipad with two other guys limping about. THEN DESYNC.

Still fun as hell, even if the technical issues got in the way of our entertainment.

I could've also been less boring.

Edited by nyleken

Well that was certainly an enjoyable night of Ghost Recon....

Thanks for coming out Nyleken.

I planned on running teamwork and tactics training including CQB, but training isnt too fun with only two guys. All in all we demonstrated some real world tactics and were mostly successful as a result

(except mission 05 with the hidden sniper).

Leap frogging to contact is important, and always having one team observing while the other moves

is essential. The CQB tactics really do work with flashbangs, but it was difficult with 2 man room clearing.

Training as a team makes an enormous difference, and if we recruit dedicated members, and get a team

of 5-6 team guys, we can continue to improve and cause destruction to the enemy.

Edited by Burner

Two-man entries in Ghost Recon are possible, though. I've been trying to develop a Israeli, South African-style entry technique tailored for the original Ghost Recon, which means firing from the doors to clear the room and then checking the corners.

Here's an example of the South African Special Task Force conducting CQB drills:

http://www.gfycat.com/QuaintImpressionableDuckbillplatypus

Here's a video of an Israeli-American hybrid technique:

Edited by nyleken

Thanks crash...I wanted to include these in our mod pack, I just couldn't find a stand alone pack anywhere.

It would definitely be another tool in the tool box to set up sniper or base of fire position with ease...

but I also like the realistic fog of war effect and saying things like "set up north of the barn with eyes in the structure" etc.

Do you have a standalone mod with all the super grids on them?

UPDATE: Please download updated 12/05/2014 version of the Wolfpack Ghost Recon Mods.zip as many changes have been made including: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4895x64gar2osr6/Wolfpack_Ghost_Recon_Mods.zip

• AI will auto fire Russian variants Ak-47's, 74's, PKMs, etc as they are often used by certain militias and terrorists groups (not saying all, but from my understanding it is often employed in full auto especially in CQB defense) with the General Enemy Realism mod (Thanks for the help Wombat!!)
  • Added numerous kits to rifleman class including demo, AT4, and MP5 variants.
  • Included Wombats new realistic grenade explosion effects!!
  • Added Apex's amazing Decennium Interface
Edited by Burner

wow I just found this forum omg I want to play with you guys! I'll look into downloading stuff I need ASAP hope there room for one more ghost!

Well there only two of us and maybe a third so there is plenty of room to join.

We are still looking for more team mates at this point.

UPDATE: 12/16/2014, Replaced Navy SEALS V2 character textures with Island Thunder default textures for the original Campaign and Desert Siege. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4895x64gar2osr6/Wolfpack+Ghost+Recon+Mods.zip

• Island Thunder characters significantly reduced clipping issues with Boonie hat displaying using Richards FPWV
  • IT character models are generally better looking
  • Special Forces tab is showing on skins but this is minor.
Edited by Burner

• 3 months later...

Yeah Apex, I've been away for some real world work obligations but I'm back on my normal schedule now.

Additionally, I've also had problems with recruitment for Ghost Recon... potentially this is due to our schedule on Sunday nights at 9pm EST. I also dont think there is widespread excitement for GR due to players bias against older titles. Anyway, its safe to say I will probably play GR for the rest of my life unless something is able to replace its taticoolness :ph34r: .

We ran ARMA 2 previously and it worked out fairly well, so I want to start our recruitment and training for that sim.

I really enjoy Ghost Recon, it certainly is limited by relatively short missions. With ARMA 2, if it worked, we had very long enjoyable missions due to weapon selection, HALO/HAHO operations, real pilots and insertion/extraction times. However, Ghost Recon still has amazing AI, and just a genius simplicity that makes it almost perfect.

If I can get my team motivated and some recruitment, we will certainly put out some more videos.

The only reason I continued the last series was because Nylekens participation.

Again community, we are still looking for

• ALPHA Team CQB/Assault members
  • BRAVO Team Support machine gunners/overwatch
  • CHARLIE Team Scout Snipers
  • OPFOR (potentially in the future)

If we get momentum going we can certainly continue operations, or otherwise I will probably continue with ARMA2. And we certainly can run both if I get reception for GR.

Edited by Burner
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...