[High Speed] upcoming skin mod

well now that i have permission from everyone needed, id like to share a project that ive been working on for a while.

my goal is go give the ghosts a "high speed" (military term) upgrade and make them look more like the swift,silent, invisible SF operators they are, instead of the original basic grunt look.

345ij34.jpg

this pic is the basic idea of what im going for, obviously a lot of work is left. Im stil looking for better CHR models. ones with bare heads with no googles for attachments, untucked boots, and no leg pouch.

id like to thank wombat50 and zeealex without them this project would still be just an idea.

Edited by shakealeg1212

looks like it's scaled a little too big too. not sure if that's my camo texture or not, if it is, my bad! :P

i really want to get into 3d modelling for ghost recon, same time, there's a heatwave and the PC isn't exactly coping. and 3dsMax 5 doesn't like me.

you can modify the US marine models from island thunder, they have no headgear on them and they are the same shape as thestandard ghosts.

I have to agree with MrMoon, The woodland camo does look a bit new and clean, As MrMood suggested maybe desiderate the colours a bit or overlay a dirty,muddy texture over the knee's and bottom of the legs, so they look used, Like the original Ghost skins.

Edited by Hammer

yeah i too dont like how bright and new the woodland is, ive been playing around with color settings to get it just right.

as far as the models, i found out that IT models have a full head under the boonies, so a simple alpha channel over the boonies will give a bare head ready for attachments.

the vests are a tad too big, it looks to me like the edges over lap. i can try to fix it zee, if you dont mind sending me some psds.

does anyone know if its possible to get rid of the pistol holster on the right leg? seems like every model has it.

Edited by shakealeg1212

gah! i cant catch a break, always some tiny detail to look out for!

i updated the camo texture, saturated it a little. i added an older version of zees rifleman vest to the sniper, to avoid snipers and rifleman looking identical. thoughts?

rwthg5.jpg

Edited by shakealeg1212

it's because the game face models have quite primitive UV co-ordinates, the only way you can solve that in an image editor is to counter the bloating by making it smaller where it gets bigger ingame.

Or if the diet munz face works, re-pint the face so it looks different, How about Nigel Tunney doesn't he have a hermit strap too ?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/ghost12/Nigel_Tunney_head_desert.jpg[img/]

Use the rsb of the face with the chin strap and in photoshop alter the actual face or add a new face but leave the chin straps visible.. Im guessing that the original models of the characters with chin straps were tweaked by rse so the skins didn't distort the straps. If that's correct then you may need to use one of these characters for you ghosts. Im sure someone on here will let me know if this is correct or not.

Edited by Hammer

gah! i cant catch a break, always some tiny detail to look out for!

i updated the camo texture, saturated it a little. i added an older version of zees rifleman vest to the sniper, to avoid snipers and rifleman looking identical. thoughts?

rwthg5.jpg

where'd you get the older version from? :o i don't remember releasing them they're probably staring me in the face arent they.

that is a really old version there, seeing as i'm rebuilding them over the next week (figured out my heat problem) I'll build a unique one for your sniper.

the sniper looks fantabulous, there's a boonie wrinkles file by wildcat in .psd format in the download section, which will give you the base for the boonie.

Edited by Zeealex

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58816

I used these zee, I bet you never expected someone to dig them up 2 years later , I'm looking forward to the new vests , glad you're up and running again :)

Hammer I'm going to try and combine an IT face with a dieter munz face, since the IT face doesn't have a chinstrap. Would I need to 're skin the chr with character Skinner or can I do this all in PS?

Edited by shakealeg1212

read a calender dork! lol :P

for those wondering, i should explain the intent of this mod. i see the Ghosts as an elite part of the US Special Forces. While part of SF, they have more leeway in uniforms,weapons, and tactics. So im not going for an accurate representation of SF in 2008 to 2010. However im using real SF as a guideline, but like i said the Ghosts are allowed to deviate slightly. In a nutshell im mixing fiction with nonfiction.

Edited by shakealeg1212

now that i think about it, it would be cool to have all the ghosts have balaclavas. it would make them more ghost like.

i could add balaclavas to dieter munz face while keeping the chinstrap right? any tips?

i just remembered, dieters head is bigger than the ghosts, thats creating some problems.

Edited by shakealeg1212

read a calender dork! lol :P

hey come on now, I don't mind it in PMs but hold back on the forums themselves, yeah?

best model for balaclavas is the russian models and Jack Stone. otherwise the heads just look painted.

Edited by Zeealex