Categories

You just download it, there should be a big dowload button. If you use Firefox or chrome, the file will be saved to a folder on your drive called downloads. If you just open Windows explorer its one of the folders on the side. you'll find it there. Copy that and replace the one in Ubisoft>ghost recon advanced warfighter>settings with it.

GWX3 is something for silent hunter i believe and the Windows 7 one looks to be a windows 7 image file. did you download windows 7 from somewhere?

2 options:

download Firefox and download it, its safer, easier to use and quicker than IE

or in IE, you should get a prompt at the bottom of the browser asking you to open or save the file, if you press the little arrow next to save, you can "save as" there you can save it to your desktop. making it easier to find.

Window 7 was installed by my Tech guy who maintains my PC and Laptop

REF your or in IE, you should get a prompt at the bottom of the browser asking you to open or save the file, if you press the little arrow next to save, you can "save as" there you can save it to your desktop. making it easier to find.

Are you saying it's on MediaFire , the new file ? Because I cnnot see the one you have done anywhere

Window 7 was installed by my Tech guy who maintains my PC and Laptop

REF your or in IE, you should get a prompt at the bottom of the browser asking you to open or save the file, if you press the little arrow next to save, you can "save as" there you can save it to your desktop. making it easier to find.

Are you saying it's on MediaFire , the new file ? Because I cnnot see the one you have done anywhere

if you haven't downloaded the new file she fixed for you its here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5bbfgfd4gqgkyt5/ctrl_set_def.xml

and what I think she meant was that if you have downloaded the fixed file, save it to your desktop so when you need to put it back to the GRAW file its easier to find, you just take it from your desktop and drag it in there.

Well thanks for this. I can now see the file in my MediaFire, I have just tried to 'share' which allows me to copy, cant paste on my desktop.

Tried d/l into a folder named Zeal on my desktop file is empty.

NOw how do I get it onto desktop?

please.

Well thanks for this. I can now see the file in my MediaFire, I have just tried to 'share' which allows me to copy, cant paste on my desktop.

Tried d/l into a folder named Zeal on my desktop file is empty.

NOw how do I get it onto desktop?

please.

You "Save as" - then it opens up windows explorer, now on the left side under "Favourites" there's "Downloads, Documents, Desktop, etc), you click on desktop and then save , even though it doesn't matter where you save it, it can stay in the Downloads folder as all downloads usually end up, unless you changed it under IE settings.

Alex said, saving it to desktop is probably just easier to find it later again if you happen to need it.

okay step by step it is then...

1:

open this link

2: you'll get a page full of random words and other stuff, normally in red, press the big download button in the top right.

3: it will take you to another page with a big green download button, press it.

4: ignore the stupid pop up(its crapware and why I use firefox)

5:

saveas_zps4e0ba3eb.jpg

6: save it to that Zeealex folder or whatever, so long as you can find it easily.

you'll find the desktop button on the side of the little explorer window that pops up:

foundhere_zpsc30bd78d.jpg

7: go to that folder you saved it in

8: copy the file you just downloaded

9: go to program files> Ubisoft> ghost recon advanced warfighter>settings

10: paste the file in there, overwrite the old file if it asks you.

11: boot up GRAW, see if it works.

Edited by Zeealex

Zeal! hello. All of that is exactly what Im did before I asked my question. Having saved to my Zeal Folder on my desctop I copy it but when I open GRAW and try to paste into the old ctrl there is no paste option.?? If I open the file on the desktop there is nothing there.

I also tried 'share' Could it be that your upload is not a older but it's the complete list as one would get opening the file all down the page

If you share it, Nothing is going to happen. Sharing it provides a link to the file. Nothing more.

Are you running the game and trying to paste it?

Or are you trying to copying the CONTENTS of the file?

You should just be copying the file itself.

I will video how I do it if you need it.

If the video doesnt work at enlightening you, install Firefox, then install teamviewer from there and i'll do it for you. Half of the download problems are from internet rxplorer being so crap

When I go to MediaFire ,My Account. theer is no file but the contentss of the file are. In the top left is the title of the Media pagethe , that does'nt do anything either .

So far, I have tried download, share, and copy none of these do anything when I copy there is no paste otion either to my desktop or the actual game file in settings.

With download I save but the file appears to be empty.

Sorry this is taking up so much of your time. I'll have to owe you a drink I guess.

steinbeck

When I go to MediaFire ,My Account. theer is no file but the contentss of the file are. In the top left is the title of the Media pagethe , that does'nt do anything either .

So far, I have tried download, share, and copy none of these do anything when I copy there is no paste otion either to my desktop or the actual game file in settings.

With download I save but the file appears to be empty.

Sorry this is taking up so much of your time. I'll have to owe you a drink I guess.

steinbeck

All you need to do, is open up this link:

then you should see Follow Share Download buttons on your top right, click on Download.

2mfaes9.png

Once you click download it escalates into this:

eracza.png

Then there's a small box that opens up at the bottom middle screen, with Open, Save(with a small arrow next to it - click on it).

saveas_zps4e0ba3eb.jpg

Now this window explorer window pops up:

foundhere_zpsc30bd78d.jpg

Now, from there on you just leave the name be or change it to what it should be and click on save, now its saved in your Downloads folder under Windows Explorer. Now you right click on your ctrl_set_def.xml file and Cut or just Copy.

r0v1xc.png

From there on you just find your C:\Program Files(x86) or where ever you have your Ubisoft folder, you enter it and paste it right in there.

rcu3jl.png

And now you should be done, I assume.

To Blame and Zeal. I have just realised what I have been doung wrong. I can only blame it on all this weird medication I on for an extreme viral chest infection.

Anyway, I was doing exactly as you describe Blame. In fact tried it 3 times. What I was doing wrong was..........I was NOT pasting int the file page but tying to elect the file without opening it before pasting. I do know to do that normally.

Sorry for all the hard work I have you both and Thanks for being patient with me.

Well, after all that and with the changed file from Zeal, there is no difference in the game. I still don't mhave any air option on my tac map so there is no way I can destroy the ADAT.

I do see the air at the bottom of my team list as it should be but can't select it in any way, except I scroll down to it it highlights then nothing. Can't fire it from there either.

I never had any of this trouble when I first played some years ago. I can't think of anything else to do now.

So, after all that I may as well uninstallm it. BOO HOO!

steinbeck

That should work though! Its the foolproof way of getting it working.

Trust me the middle mouse button always stops working for me when I install it fresh on a new PC the changes I made in that file always work.

Oh well, its a pretty mundane game anyway.