Small taste of things to come.

Got bored of ghost making for now so got started on the woodland opfor replacements.

Went for the generic Russian insurgent/mafia style complete with tattoos and beard.

Will probably give this guy a facial tattoo aswell.

geninsug.jpg

Edited by MrMoon

Those pics are awesome in there own way.

I played a Tinker mission on White Skull Valley. He had a zone marked with red smoke and if you entered it you died from gas.

To get around it he scripted a very cool detour. It was a tournament mission so I don't know if it is still available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks apex the main mod is something thats going to take a real long time to churn out and after a few months I probably wont be working on it as hardcore as I have.

Good news is my rather distracting wolfenstien mini mod is well on its way :)

Pics comming soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ill likely release a small demo for you guys soon with the new ghosts and one or two new missions.

However recently Ive been thinking a lot about my future and what I wan't to do with the rest of my life.

I'm currently in a low paid, uninteresting, often stressful but comfortable job that I have no intention of going anywhere with.

Also due to my current relationship I have very little precious free time with which to work on my various projects and looking ahead at the collosal work load involved in getting the full tc ready (it would be at least a year of nonstop work before its done, if that) I wan't to begin work

on something that is more then just a labor of love for a handfull of die hard fans and something I can actually get some capital back from and escape my current dead end situation.

Ive always struggled to find something work related that I can take interest and pride in up until now Ive just settled for low paid manual labour in factories, warehouses and construction sites and I'm sick of it I wan't to work from home and I'm hoping developing indie games will open up that door for me.

I have some great ideas but the time it will take to learn and master the various new disciplines I require to make my little mark means I will be working on the centcom addon very infrequently.

After my small ww2 horror mod and the demo for this one are out don't expect much content to be put out by me, as much as I love this game and the lil community we have left here I can't spend another year not working on realising my dreams.

I can't really explain properly but I'm filled with a sense of urgency to get my current projects done and dusted and move onwards and upwards before its too late.

Ill likely never leave here or stop playing gr though ;)

I have a free weekend to get my head down and power through some work for gr. Ill try and get some work done for the centcom mod and post the result :)

Ill likely release a small demo for you guys soon with the new ghosts and one or two new missions.

However recently Ive been thinking a lot about my future and what I wan't to do with the rest of my life.

I'm currently in a low paid, uninteresting, often stressful but comfortable job that I have no intention of going anywhere with.

Also due to my current relationship I have very little precious free time with which to work on my various projects and looking ahead at the collosal work load involved in getting the full tc ready (it would be at least a year of nonstop work before its done, if that) I wan't to begin work

on something that is more then just a labor of love for a handfull of die hard fans and something I can actually get some capital back from and escape my current dead end situation.

Ive always struggled to find something work related that I can take interest and pride in up until now Ive just settled for low paid manual labour in factories, warehouses and construction sites and I'm sick of it I wan't to work from home and I'm hoping developing indie games will open up that door for me.

I have some great ideas but the time it will take to learn and master the various new disciplines I require to make my little mark means I will be working on the centcom addon very infrequently.

After my small ww2 horror mod and the demo for this one are out don't expect much content to be put out by me, as much as I love this game and the lil community we have left here I can't spend another year not working on realising my dreams.

I can't really explain properly but I'm filled with a sense of urgency to get my current projects done and dusted and move onwards and upwards before its too late.

Ill likely never leave here or stop playing gr though ;)

I have a free weekend to get my head down and power through some work for gr. Ill try and get some work done for the centcom mod and post the result :)

hey no worries man, real life always takes priority. i wish you the best luck.

im about to leave the military so right now i have a lot of free time, but as soon as im out its down to job time!

Good luck to you in your endeavors MrMoon. I hope you find a well paying job you are passionate about.

You have done some top-notch modding already so no worries if you can't finish what you have going on now.

Of course I'd love to see it done at some point if you have the time and want to. :yes:

Hey, real life things come first buddy, we'll understand either way. We'll eagerly await your ww2 horror mod and we'll greatly appreciate anything you put into the modding community no matter how small or big.

I wish you all the best in finding a job you truly feel the passion to do, a job you feel truly passionate about you will gladly spend a lifetime doing it. Do all you can and we'll support you if you want to try your hand in the indie games sector, heck i'd volunteer to do some free work for you.

In the meantime, if you need someone to take a load off, i'm just a pm away. ;) thanks to several operations I'm free for a year.

Best of luck friend, thanks for all you've done

Edited by Zeealex

Hey thanks for the support guys :)

Like I said I'm not going anywhere Ill still be playing gr years from now and my god I still have mods out there to play god there are so many!

I don't want to just abandon this project as it has been a labour of love (and at times dispair) for a long time now and would be a crime to myself to just ###### can it forever.

Would love to get a small teaser with all the skins etc for you guys on the forum to play around with and maybe edit and add your own work to ;)

Also the work I'm going to do towards indie games should allow me to add more of the stuff I talked about in the opening posts but don't expect ugv's and crazy t80 tanks anytime soon.

Wombat you have shown me how to fix so many problems and never shyed away from taking the time to help me out. Your work on retexturing and sound editing is truly amazing.

Zee your such a tallented modder and have also been a huge resource of help and support the last few years. You are also the only tactical shooter girl gamer I know and that makes you all kind of awesome :)

I hope you make a speedy recovery and are not in too much pain. Although I am jealous of the free time you have lol.

You guys have been such a massive help and inspiration all the way so give yourselves a huge pat on the back haha :P

Heres to many more years of gr and hopefully one day a successor to the king :)

• 2 months later...