Wombat50's "Migryder Festival Mod"

We always enjoy playing Migryder's missions.

I did the sounds and effects. :)

If you haven't played Migryder's P2 mod it is here.

Has a patch on the same page

and requires Frostbite to be activated.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If somebody asked me who are your favorite scripters with no hesitation I would say Jack57 and Migryder. 2 scripting styles completely opposide, the first one where your action (as player) are driven by the script itself (do this and then do that), the second one more openly playable.

I consider Mig as the heir of Right-Hand, the classic case where "the pupil surpasses his master".

I just downloaded the package, who knows, maybe it's time my son starts to understand what Ghost Recon is and starting with a great piece of art.

By the way, I just remembered that when my son was born I posted immediately the piece of news in this community, well, today he is 12 years old!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Belated Happy Birthday to your son Giampi! Hey, thanks for the kind words above too! Don't know that I ever surpassed the Master of GR action though...in my mind Right-Hand was The Man. Jack-57 gave us a lot of great missions as well. Then again GR probably has the best and longest list of mods n missions from day one to now than any other game..I only palce HL2 on the same shelf alongside GR for great modding(less the number of mods) and most of that is due to LEON...too bad he never did a GR mod. Probably should recognize the other Military Simms for a lot of great modding but don't really play em myself, to me GR was the perfect Hybrid if you will.

I'm glad some folks are having a time with those missions! Thanks for your hard work wombat! I must get that new copy and play your mod!! I'm too broke to buy any new games anyway..been Far Crying 1 and Crysis 2-3ing my ass off, is there a hidden developer pattern there or more like an obvious one. BTW Tommygoff, though mission 2 in that Guatemala pack was the first full mission I scripted for GR...can't believe I failed to make those AI invincible though...thought I did that for all in all...hope it got sorted out, the border check was a good piece of advice BTW...I'm afraid if I tried to script a new mission I have forgotten way too much to make it good, but if I do get that new copy I WILL SCRIPT AN ADDON MISSION for P2 and maybe one or two other stand alones as well...who knows.

Edited by migryder
  • Like 3

@Mig

I got the Tommygoff mission sorted for MP. It was never a problem in SP.

You would have sorted it in 5 minutes where as it took me a good deal longer to figure out.

That is why you are a scripter and I am not.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have done some recent work to this mod.

Changed the sounds for the default OPFOR weapons.

Changed many of the sound files for the Russian voice folder.

Enlarged the muzzle flash for the OPFOR weapons.

Made the OPFOR weapons full auto only.

Changed the debris.rsb. See photos.

post-503-0-52581900-1440080876_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-50025000-1440080903_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-91302500-1440080918_thumb.jpg

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 6

Link to Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?alvnojyvso6wcpz

Replaces Default OPFOR weapon sounds and some Russian Voice sounds.
WEAPONS: AK47, AK74, AKS74u, Dragunov, RPK74.
These sounds resemble weapons being fired from a distance.

RUSSIAN VOICE audio files:
Woodland Maps:Killed
Desert Maps: Killed and wounded
Jungle Maps: Killed

INSTALLATION:
Drop the sound folder in The Migryder Festival Mod main directory(or mod of your choice) and let them COPY and REPLACE(overwrite).

These files replace existing RSE files and for these types of files are client sided. Meaning they will work on your computer in SP and MP even if the server doesn't have them installed.

Download contains a readme.txt(same as above).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Link to Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?alvnojyvso6wcpz

Replaces Default OPFOR weapon sounds and some Russian Voice sounds.

WEAPONS: AK47, AK74, AKS74u, Dragunov, RPK74.

These sounds resemble weapons being fired from a distance.

RUSSIAN VOICE audio files:

Woodland Maps:Killed

Desert Maps: Killed and wounded

Jungle Maps: Killed

INSTALLATION:

Drop the sound folder in The Migryder Festival Mod main directory(or mod of your choice) and let them COPY and REPLACE(overwrite).

These files replace existing RSE files and for these types of files are client sided. Meaning they will work on your computer in SP and MP even if the server doesn't have them installed.

Download contains a readme.txt(same as above).

Wombat,

Any chance you can release the sound pack for the Migryders Festival Mod as an individual download?The sounds are great and I think the community might like using them.

Burner

Edited by Burner

I think the M4 and M249 you are looking for are in the Migryder Festival Mod.

Link: http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1423

*Note The Migryder Festival Mod contains sounds for AK47, AK74, AKS74u, Dragunov, RPK74

but these are old versions. I much prefer the sounds of these weapons in The Russian Sound Pack.

If you have the Migryder Festival Mod cherry pick out anything you like and add it to your personal or public mod.

No permissions or credits necessary.

I probably should have had the Russian Sounds Pack added as a patch to the Migryder Festival Mod.

Maybe later.

I'll mull it over Burner. I'm not sure if there is enough interest to make it worth while.

I'm satisfied to a degree with Migryder Festival Mod but playing it I find some files and especially sounds could be improved.

Mig was kind enough to let me add his 30 missions to the mod

but the remainder of the mod is my work. Sounds, ghost skins, RSE map textures, textures including some new effects.

Adding a secondary title to the mod might identify it more fully.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...