[SP] Operation Ghost Recon [LINGOR]

oe18.jpg

news_download_a2_4.png

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21392

Alternate mirrors:

http://www.multiupload.nl/DLG41MT2JZ

(Pick your fileshare - MIRRORS WELCOMED)

I just wanted to inform GR.net members of a new Single Player OGR Stealth style dynamic

mission I created for Arma2.

Made by a OGR fan and trying to keep the feeling alive, you have many options on mission start to set pref of difficualy of the situation, mission and uses 2 locations of Lingor jungle island to choose from. Its all based on OGR style long mission using recon/stealth/planning.

kp3k.jpg

Briefing:

Ghost Recon special operations team have been called to the Lingor
region to assist local officials in tracking down captured British
hostages hidden in the region. Officials are increasingly concerned,
this entire situation is adding more pressure between British and
Lingor ties with both parties embroiled in a long standing diplomatic
standoff.

The hostage Intel has been passed over and listed as follows:

Terry Waite (White Caucasian) - Alan Johnston (White Caucasian).

Civilian rebels are known to be a part of the operation involved in
taking these hostages, and it isn't the first time. These locals are a
rag tag group that are becoming an increasing problem with the influx
of arms and armour sales through the black market on the island. Its
known this group harbour AK weapons and armour, in what capacity we are
unsure right now, and that’s where you come in.

We need to establish what they have in terms of armour and weapons and
put them out of action. The most important of all is finding the
location of the hostages and getting them out safe.

SEE OFFICIAL BI THREAD FOR ALL DETAILS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS/UPDATES/CHANGELOG:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158278-SP-Operation-Ghost-Recon-Lingor&s=d2cee8cc91f3dfc8bc12db7c09d0ad6c

This will be updated over time to include Lone Wolf with its own mode, Tango Hunt modes and East island location to be added with more objectives to play through.

klos.jpg

6jkj.jpg

Edited by mrcash2009

Cool Beans! I loved Lightspeed's mod for ArmA II, this looks great as well. Speaking of, I think this video put together by Wombat50 -- even with some of it's rough edges is one of the best trailers in capturing the essence of Ghost Recon's atmosphere, military professionalism, realism, depth of play, sense of scale, and modest heroic epistemology.

If anyone has a high resolution version of this video, knows Wombat50, or knows someone that knows someone that, knows Wombat50 or where I might get an original -- please PM me here! Handsome work mrcash2009! Thanks for keeping Ghost Recon alive!

Edited by 101459

mrcash, Thanks for updating the links and especially posting a link to Armaholic for the download.

101459, Thanks for the nod on the Lightspeed IT trailer. Rendered it with MS Moviemaker and I don't have a higher res version.

I know it would have looked better if I had had Vegas Movie Studio at the time.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments & to Rocky for adding to the news (I have to say that the news mentions its a mod but its just a mission :) )

Yeh the armaholic link was waiting due to a hotfix with sqf missing error so thats sorted out now.

Will be back to updating this in a few weeks or so to try to make it final, some mentions of MP version but I need to learn a lot with scripting for this at the moment, so its all work in progress to be updated. Whatever gets updated I will post here too.

Edited by mrcash2009

Will check that forum out, I dont have login so if anyone wants to quick link if they feel its worth it then cool.

BTW I also wouldnt mind feedback as well, so post anything here about it as it will be updated. East Island option im looking to have something that matches "the farm" mission in OGR but expanded a little more, that island location is smaller so I want something more intimate, will even lower the draw distance and fog to match OGR ... that was a hardware limitation setup back then, still think its cool for the mood even now :)

I do like the GR fog settings. Understand the reasoning for it back at GR release but it covers up allot of sin like distant terrain and objects swimming in and out of view. If you make the jump to Arma 3 at some point the fog appearance is much improved. IIRC with proper settings it will hang in valleys leaving higher terrain free of fog.

I'll try to give some feedback when I have given it a proper play through. SP missions are not easy but I found scripting for MP beyond my patience. I hope you have better luck. Thanks for doing the mission as this GR style gameplay is the sweet spot for me in Arma.

Thanks. Started another trailer for Lighty last year but he got burnt out before finishing that campaign.

He contacted me again in May with plans for another campaign. Did a rough trailer but Lighty has dropped from sight since June 1st.

Always a pleasure to read your insightful posts whatever the subject is. :fingersx:

Edited by wombat50

Hi Wombat,

Thanks for doing the mission as this GR style gameplay is the sweet spot for me in Arma.

I agree, this all started out from always messing in the editor for personal editing and always falling back to smaller scaled stealth. Even though Arma2 has a possibility of massive open gameplay I always end up falling back and looking for missions that just always reminded me of OGR.

So I just thought for once I would make something I could play over and over (much like tango hunt was like in OGR) but used the dynamics of what Arma2 can give. Sort of what we would all have wanted from GR2 but never happened. "The Farm" map was something I played over and over in OGR and the downed pilots/hostage mission on that map. So this was like a take on that but more expanded.

I wanted a better farm map to do the same thing, but theres one custom map that had anything decent for location and Chernarus is superb but I could find the tright cluster of areas and open building on that map as its not all fully open. Lingor just rules and with its own units just seemed good for less download issue.

BTW if you ever wanted to make a small trailer vid ( under 1 mins, nice and snappy) of some take out stealth scenes/bino view fades and fade to logo then I can supply graphics in format needed.