GR Modder Training

pz3

This is the channel playlist I set up.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIsU8sHO-3m8MvcWxt6QMY76Hww8xL7S5

I'll keep adding more as I get time. Ive been fairly busy and may be getting more busy until the end of the year.

My next videos will be multi-part complete guides.

-weapons

-characters

-levels

including modeling, texturing, scripting, sounds, etc. This is why they may take longer. Also, anyone interested in making videos about scripting. Copy my style and upload, ill feature your channel on mine or you can just send me the video to upload on mine. You get full credit of course.

Im just messing around with the character tutorial. Instead of starting a new character from scratch, modifying an existing character is what I'm looking at doing. Just something Ive been playing around with.

post-5611-0-01272000-1375740387_thumb.jp

very good. quirky question, is there a way to have CBIEDs? (Civilian Borne Improvised Explosive Device) I want to screw with my clan's collective minds.

also is it possible for someone to model and script a bunny, with sharp pointy teeth, that can actually platoon wipe if not taken down? (again, i wanna play mind screw).

like the playlist btw. my Youtube name is nekonekolen, btw

oh good qestion about the CBIED. I imagine there is a way to script / create an "explosive" weapon and make it happen. Making it theoretically possible.

As far as the bunny goes. I never tried rigging up 4 legged creatures but I do believe it would be possible althought glitchy. As the model would only have 2 leg bones and walk kind of like a human being without the reversed knees. It too would also have to follow the same scripting/weapon setup to work.

The bunny would not work well at all, for the reasons pz3 mentioned and because there is no way to arm a bunny unless you gave it a rifle which would just be weird.

CBIED would work with a stationary actor but there is no way you could have explosive special effects "follow" the civilian and go off wherever he is standing.

so possibly like a hostage thing, tied up, and you have to disarm the bomb on him/her, along with maybe tripwire type traps surrounding?

(I also forgot how to script traps, if anyone can steer me in right direction for instructions. YOTM's first misson is an example of the traps i wanna try)

Just open the YOTM mission with the traps and look at the script. It's a lot easier for everyone than having someone type it out for you. If you can't find it, just place some effects, set their type to some kind of explosive (see the sticky thread on special effects), and have a trigger like this:

Trigger: Player Platoon is within 10m of Trigger Zone.

Responses: Activate Effect01; Activate Effect02; Activate Effect03; Play "a_exmetal" at Effect01.

Make sure you put a damage effect in there, too. It will kill anyone who gets near the trap.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
On 02/07/2013 at 01:50, DTW said:

I'm interested if anyone has actually contacted them to ask specifically for the source code or what it would take to get it? Some experienced modder may have more pull than someone with no knowledge of what to do with I even if he got it (like me)...

What about contacting apexmods about his experience and see if he would be interested in the request.

If the mod community could get their hands on that source code, the possibilities would be amazing.

Many years ago I also sent mail to RS Entertaiment with source code request.

Now I have come up with another possibility. Maybe that is worth to try contact some involved people and ask them about chances and possibilites to get the source code.

image.thumb.png.296972ef8ce9daf17ee84a6cdf1e2423.png

Edited by tpek
  • Like 1

I think a few people over the years have tried, pretty sure at least one of the original devs still comes through gr.net now and again. Ubisoft owns it all so there won't be much help there. Can't give away what you don't own. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, giving away the source code of what is officially someone else's intellectual property is a pretty big NoNo from a legal and ethical perspective. It would get shut down super fast and that person can kiss their career goodbye. 

We're unfortunately stuck on that front unless someone manages to compromise ubisoft's network and somehow find it and leak it. I would be surprised if it was on a live server though, unless they're actively working on a reboot it's probably in cold storage. 

For clarity; I am by no means recommending any sort of cybercrime in relation to this. It would be very silly to break that many laws for some source code.

• Like 1