Ghost Recon: Reload

Yes I read that thread, a lot of people thought something like this would be overshadowed by Takedown, but after seeing the first gameplay trailer of Takedown, I can say it definitely won't overshadow this game. Plus just because there is one game of the same type doesn't mean another can't do well.

By the way I will be posting M07 River progress later today.

I always thought people here could have done it. I am really not sure why it met with such opposition then. The GR community has/had some great modders I am sure could have done a project as good. I hope they complete it I am watching that forum with great interest as well.Would be nice to see a HD remake of GR.

Edited by twcrash

Added sounds for

- 30 Second Bomb Timer
- AK74 Shot
- Explosion 1
- General Gun Reload
- Grenade Pin Pull
- Grenade Throw
- Gun Empty Click
- HK21 Overheat
- HK21 Shot
- Knife Slice
- L96A1 Sniper shot Echo
- L96A1 Sniper Shot
- M4 Shot
- M6 Shot
- M6 Silenced
- M82 Shot
- M136 Shot
- M203 Grenade Launcher Explosion
- M203 Grenade Launcher Reload
- M203 Grenade Launcher Shot
- M246 Shot
- Reload 1
- Reload 2
- MP5 Shot
- Placing Claymore
- Reload Click
- SA80 Shot
- SVD Reload
- SVD Shot Echo
- SVD Shot

Some sounds will be changed, and some sounds may be removed altogether (like Knife Slice)

Here is the link: https://soundcloud.com/ghostreconreload'>https://soundcloud.com/ghostreconreload

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't a hope and hell that UBI will allow this. Forget about RSE as UBI owns the copyright. They will 100% shoot you down.

You can do a game based on Ghost Recon, which at the very least needs a name change. You can't ship the same story and same maps. This is just stupid. How people have been shut down trying to make HALO remakes.

Do yourself a favour an rethink the project so that it at least stands a chance of making past UBI's copyrights.

There isn't a hope and hell that UBI will allow this. Forget about RSE as UBI owns the copyright. They will 100% shoot you down.

You can do a game based on Ghost Recon, which at the very least needs a name change. You can't ship the same story and same maps. This is just stupid. How people have been shut down trying to make HALO remakes.

Do yourself a favour an rethink the project so that it at least stands a chance of making past UBI's copyrights.

First of all, I'm not going to make anything Ghost Recon related without telling the people who actually made the game. I am aware that Ubi owns the copyright. If you actually read the post you would know that Ghost Recon: Reload is only a project title. Also I never mentioned that I woul'd "Ship" the game at all. I said I will try to get Ubi to publish it (Seeing as they already have a CryEngine 3 License) and if they wouldn't I will release the game as a Mod.

I know I am being harsh but it needs to be said.

Why would Ubisoft publish something you make. And the Cryengine license is per product only. It is extremely rare that a publisher would buy rights to use a license on multiple products.

And even if it is released as a free mod they will still bring legal action against you for copyright infringement.

Change the name, change the map design, change the story and then you can release something inspired by Ghost Recon. It would see the light of day and the community would be just as pleased to see it. After that you can anonymously release remakes/missions of the old maps without fear of legal action.

You have skills so it would be better to see them put to ggod use rather than a dead end project.

I know I am being harsh but it needs to be said.

Why would Ubisoft publish something you make. And the Cryengine license is per product only. It is extremely rare that a publisher would buy rights to use a license on multiple products.

And even if it is released as a free mod they will still bring legal action against you for copyright infringement.

Change the name, change the map design, change the story and then you can release something inspired by Ghost Recon. It would see the light of day and the community would be just as pleased to see it. After that you can anonymously release remakes/missions of the old maps without fear of legal action.

You have skills so it would be better to see them put to ggod use rather than a dead end project.

Naaaa I'll just continue what I've been doing and finish the project

again out come to boo birds. I am sure people said the same thing about half of the mods that became games out there. Only 1 i know of that a company squashed was Battlefield Desert Combat mod which EA didn't want to compete with Battlefield 2 or it became BF2 one or the other I forget now. There are alot of great games that started out this way. Urban Terror, True Combat Elite, Tactical Ops, Counter Stike and the list goes on. If they build something people like I would almost guarantee someone will pick it up. Keep up the good work and ignore the nay sayers.