All that remains...

pz3

Recently I was was attempting to dual boot vista and windows XP. I had installed a new hard drive to continue GR mod work on and was excited to get a dual boot system up and running..... however, I found that somehow in the process my external hard drive was mistakenly stripped off all information. The hard drive I kept everything on :(.... forunitly it was recently backed up on DVD but not everything was saved.

With all this said due to this hard drive error. I have lost some character models and weapon models. Fortunitly of which I had uploaded the current WIP of Sabotage it had atleast the weapon models.

This is where I am looking for assistance. I know it is possible to extract model information from the game. This way I wont have to remake my M249 and M9 models. Does anyone know how to do this, or can walk me through it?

As far as other news goes. After much frustration I found that a virtual machine was still my best
alternative. This new software will allow me to use 3DSM 5 just fine up
to 160,000polygons compared to the old Virtual machine I used that allowed just around 40,000polygons. The possibility of creating full size 400x400 meter levels should be more then possible at this time.

These are the models I have left. As you can see I need to extract a few :P

post-5611-0-89816800-1372017788_thumb.jp

I know it is possible to extract model information from the game. This way I wont have to remake my M249 and M9 models. Does anyone know how to do this, or can walk me through it?

Sorry to say I have no idea about the above. It's not a console command?

I'm glad to hear you are still working on GR.

I heard a similare story Riley. Even if It could pull out a completely triangulated model I would be fine. 3DSM 10+ has a good algorythm to fix triangles and get models back to quad polygons. Worked well on the original GR Character models.

well all hope isnt gone atleast. This hard drive is detected (when plugged in) but isnt being posted (like it doesnt exist at all). Im thinking the partition data was some how erased when I attempted to create a partition on a USB drive. I don't know if I'll be able to recover it or not but I'll keep trying anyways.