General gameplay discussion thread

Hello all! I just recently had the original Ghost Recon+Desert Siege and Island Thunder installed including Heroes Unleashed, Centcom, and Blood Oil.

I was just wondering what are your favorite Mods, maps, weapons kits, tactics, etc etc

Very good stuff. I love how the new heroes unleashed has no threat indicator and lovely realistic gunshot wounds lol.

As for favorites, I like any map really (150 or so to choose from) but I especially enjoy the maps where all skills are needed ie. clearing out rooms/buildings, sniping, commands (which im not great at yet lol) I also love all the weapons kits you can choose from! Here are my favorite weapons/kits for each class

Rifleman

M4A1 ACOG with M67 frags

XM8 with GL or frags

HK416 with frags

OICW with GL (very very effective if used on right maps/missions)

Support

HK417 with frags (the optics provide for sniping capabilities (single shot) on top of laying down heavy fire on full auto!)

Mk16 Cmag

and, the good old fashioned M60!

Sniper

M14 DMR with submachine gun

HK417 (best optics and full auto if necessary)

M82 or M98

Demo (in firefight secondary is frags in mission its AT or demo charges)

FN P90

Uzi

Mp5

One way I like to kind of "cheat" is on any mission or firefight I take a sniper with a silenced weapon and sneak around and eliminate as much resistance as possible

Frags are your best friend when there is buildings and lots of cover (trust me, it will flush them right out or kill them)

This is an amazing game with all sorts of mods, I would love any kind of feedback fellow GR fans!

When in the gr.net download section probably a good indicator is how many times a mod has been downloaded.

To my way of thinking there are no bad mods in the gr.net download section.

The ones you have named are top-notch and there are many more in that category.

For single-player, I enjoy Jack57's campaigns. You can find them by searching for 'Jack57' in the downloads section. His mods include Band of Brothers, Brothers in Arms, and a few more that I can't recall. For multi-player, you'll probably enjoy Rockall and Blood Oil. We actually are using a lot of assets from Rockall and Blood Oil in our clan mod because they're such great mods.