Would you Guys be interested in an Environment Conversion mod?

Zeealex

Well, i'm kind of missing the Novo days, as it was nearing completion last time I worked on it, I've got to re-install Photoshop i have a lot of skin work to catch up on, but i'm willing, if you guys are interested, to Convert the Stock maps to Different environments. read on if you are unsure of what I mean...

Basically this will be a brand new heavily planned out project, code named Project Convoco

What will happen in Convoco, is simple.

• Desert Maps will be converted to Grass/Woodland and Jungle Where Possible
  • Woodland Maps will be converted To desert and Jungle maps Where Possible
  • Jungle Maps will Be converted to Grass/Woodland and Desert Where Possible
  • Any Possible maps Converted to Snow Maps

Still looking at me as if i'm strange?

Well, it's not a conversion done in the environment editor, I don't mean it like that. I mean like this:

ScreenShot28-4.pngD08_tank Converted to grassland map. you may recognize this conversion.

Convoco Maps will be available for use as a mod resource, free for anyone to use with creds. It may aid in mission creation as the changes will mean much more versatility of usage of the stock maps.

All stock maps will be tested for their possible conversion outcome, written down and re texturing will start once this is done. some maps may have several outcomes. some may have no outcomes (unlikely) so if you feel you would like a certain map's conversion to be prioritized drop a comment and lemme know!

Convoco Will use mid-high Resolution Textures.

What do you guys think?

Well, i'm kind of missing the Novo days, as it was nearing completion last time I worked on it, I've got to re-install Photoshop i have a lot of skin work to catch up on, but i'm willing, if you guys are interested, to Convert the Stock maps to Different environments. read on if you are unsure of what I mean...

Basically this will be a brand new heavily planned out project, code named Project Convoco

What will happen in Convoco, is simple.

• Desert Maps will be converted to Grass/Woodland and Jungle Where Possible
  • Woodland Maps will be converted To desert and Jungle maps Where Possible
  • Jungle Maps will Be converted to Grass/Woodland and Desert Where Possible
  • Any Possible maps Converted to Snow Maps

Still looking at me as if i'm strange?

Well, it's not a conversion done in the environment editor, I don't mean it like that. I mean like this:

ScreenShot28-4.pngD08_tank Converted to grassland map. you may recognize this conversion.

Convoco Maps will be available for use as a mod resource, free for anyone to use with creds. It may aid in mission creation as the changes will mean much more versatility of usage of the stock maps.

All stock maps will be tested for their possible conversion outcome, written down and re texturing will start once this is done. some maps may have several outcomes. some may have no outcomes (unlikely) so if you feel you would like a certain map's conversion to be prioritized drop a comment and lemme know!

Convoco Will use mid-high Resolution Textures.

What do you guys think?

I am, I am!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah man, it sounds pretty neat, I would be interested.

EDIT - Quote

Edited by teppe

Okay so environment analysis has begun so far I have the following:
M01: Snow- Jungle- Rain

M02: Snow- Jungle- Night

M03: Snow- Desert-Jungle

M04: Snow- Desert- Jungle

M05: Snow- Exempt (might possibly make it a night map with Rain)

M06: Snow- Jungle Possibility of Desert

M07: Snow- Jungle
M08: Snow- Desert

More to come later, you will notice a pattern of Snow and jungles emerging from the original missions, there is the possibility of making them all desert as well, but its the feasibility of it all.

M01 will be done up later to see what the woodland-jungle conversion looks like

Edited by Zeealex

having a problem with the low pine trees at the moment, the model's cutting off the texture, and it still looks like a pine tree. so i might see if i can get around that in ways that i wouldn't normally try.

but i digress:
ScreenShot42-3_zpsfeaff5a7.jpg‹

ScreenShot43_zpsefbbdd3d.jpg

ScreenShot44-1_zps6b6a30cf.jpg

got a fair bit to go, but it's looking jungle-ish