Dead space 3 demo

Wireman

Co-op lasts only for about 30 minutes, not worth it since you had a lot of practice in DS1 and DS2.

Where there's Dead Space, there's me. Your thirty minutes is three hours for me - two and a half hours in weapon customisation. :)

I wanna see how the story differs in co-op, especially seeing the inconsistencies in the demo in singleplayer (it's like it's various of different levels seamlessly joined together - the story doesn't match up in some areas).

Only a few weeks to release now. Meanwhile I think I'll continue perving on Triss Merigold in the Witcher 2 breaking monsters' faces in the Witcher 2.

Luckily I was able to try out coop, but my gold subscription has run out so will concentrate on the single play until I can persuade the missus to let me get gold again :fingersx: but I am liking the game play so far so looking forward to the release. The one thing I did notice was that they have cut down the amount of weapons that can be carried, hope this doesn,t spoil the action.

In theory they have not reduced the amount of weapons you can carry. Sure, in DS1 and 2 you could carry up to four individual weapons. But in DS3 the weapons are modular not individual, meaning you can attach two weapons together. So, two weapon slots in effect means four weapons, provided the weapons in both slots are dual weapons. There is however, a third equipment slot above the weapon slots in DS3, I'm still unsure what purpose this equipment slot serves.

They've also gone with the universal ammo like in the Mass Defect games. I'm still trying to ascertain whether I like aspect that or not. And don't forget to try out the Weapon Crafting singleplayer mode. Javelin Chaingun with underbarrel Javelin Shotgun FTW. I call it The Imapaler, also known as Vlad. See what I did there?

Wireman, I dunno if you got my PM earlier as the forums are playing up at the moment. We should hook up on Xbox Live sometime for some co-op. I foresee a DS3 stompathon - you know how it is, "Keep Calm and Stomp Everything."

Cool. I will be busy tonight then, I've arranged a coop DS3 session for tonight with a relative already. Hopefully I'll have time for another coop playthrough afterwards, maybe before, but I do have some overdue dragonslaying and achievement whoring business to deal with in Skyrim.

Okay, of two playthroughs in coop so far, both ended up in the game freezing for both of us. Happened in different places on each playthrough (first time while changing suits, second time while fighting the first boss.) That's not good when I'm trying to convince people to play the demo/get the full game.

You can come at me with the connection issues theory, but on both occasions, both our Xboxes locked up completely - even as far as pressing the Xbox button on the controller did nothing. Connection issues wouldn't do that for sure. Not had any lock-ups in singleplayer, YET.

However, Carver's version of the Arctic Survival Suit is awesome - flashlight mounted on side of helmet, plus night vision goggles folded up above the helmet. Both characters have access to the same suits, but Clarke's suits have a more of an engineering appearance, while Carver's have a more of a military appearance - helmets for the same suits are different between Clarke and Carver, as are a few other parts of the suits, not just the colours.

Edited by WytchDokta

Completing the demo unlocks Stasis Support weapon attachment in full game; ME3 save file detected on system unlocks the black N7 Suit for Clarke and the red N7 suit for Carver.... the question is, what will a DS2 save file unlock in DS3? Visceral have not announced the answer yet. They did it for DS2 - a present DS1 save file on system unlocked vintage Plasma Cutter - so they should do a similar thing this time around. Kinda hoping it's going to be the vintage Intermediate Engineering RIG from DS1, which was also the first Suit you acquired in DS2. I have however, seen the Advanced Suit and Hacker Suit from DS2 in various DS3 screens/vids.

Although, the Advanced Suit is likely the starting suit in DS3 full game (not the EVA Suit like in the demo), reason being that in various DS3 stills and trailers, the suit is clearly badly damaged - portions of the fabric are torn andparts of the armour are dented, most likely due to the crash landing on Tau Volantis at the start of the game. The Legionary Suit looks awesome.

Some awesome new features coming in the full game too, sounds like Suits will have an even bigger impact on gameplay mechanics and vices versa:

In sub-zero temperatures, Isaac and Carver's RIG will display their body temperature dropping before they eventually freeze to death. This is the first game in the Dead Space franchise to include this feature.

​

Source: DS3 wikia. Also, the EVA Suit (Extra Vehicular Activity Suit) has some kind of additional gold/yellow visor that can assemble over the front of the helmet at certain points in the full game, likely a visor that protects against UV rays.

As I predicted, Visceral have finally revealed that a save file from DS2 present on your system will unlock an exclusive weapon in-game, available from the first Bench. Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter. It has better starting stat perameters than the 'normal' Plasma Cutter, and starts with all circuit slots unlocked.

Note in that there screen is a matching EVA Suit utilising the same colour scheme as the Plasma Cutter. I has not yet been revealed if this suit is an exclusive unlock (via a save file or whatever), or if it's a suit you find in game. Either way, it's a reskin of the standard EVA Suit (so is the First Contact Suit for that matter.)

Dead Space 3 launches with 11 DLC packs for speeding loot collection, kitting out character

• Bot Capacity Upgrade - $4.99
  • Bot Personality Pack - $4.99
  • First Contact Pack - Free
  • Marauder Pack - $4.99
  • Sharpshooter Pack - $4.99
  • Tundra Recon Pack - $4.99
  • Witness the Truth Pack - $4.99
  • Bot Accelerator - $4.99
  • Epic Weapon & Resource Pack - $2.99
  • Online Pass - $9.99
  • Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack - $1.99
  • Resource Pack - $0.99

Good luck with that. Yes you can complete the game without any of that stuff and create it all yourself if you are patient enough. But seriously, this is getting a bit OTT.

Since the game is out in the US already, but comes out in Europe tomorrow, I've been reading up a bit on the game, because I can, and who cares for spoilers anyway?

My assumption that the game start point in the demo, Tau Volantis, is not the start point in the full game, was correct. In fact, the game starts at the New Horizons Lunar Colony on the moon. And don't trust Norton, I already know why thanks to the wikia. Let's just say he has an ulterior agenda.

I also see they've used the 'false protagonist' tactic in DS3.... :whistle:

Edited by WytchDokta

While it's true you can craft ALMOST the exact weapons as in the DLC's, bear in mind that the DLC weapons do in fact have different starting stats compared to the 'normal' counterparts - for example, the Marauder Pulse Rifle deals a considerable more amount of damage than the normal Pulse Rifle, where' talking somewhere roughly in the region of 50%-75% more damage going by the stats. They also have custom skins, and you can create the individual parts of the DLC weapons separately too if you wish, so you can make different combinations, like Marauder Chaingun with Sharpshooter Seeker Rifle.

So, I found out what the upper 'weapon' slot is for in the inventory as went through Chapter 5 - it's for the Scavenger Bots, and so far I must've found found around six or seven places to deploy the scavenger bots between Chapter 5 and where I am now, in Chapter 8. Seemingly, Scavenger Bots are not affected by gravity as they can be deployed in vacuums. I like that these bots are held like one-handed weapons when selected, shame they can't be used as an actual weapon though.

I spotted an exploit with the Scavenger Bots, that will likely be patched in the future. There is a cooldown period after the bot has collected resources, after which it will dock at your nearest bench ready to be redeployed. In the large space area before Tau Volantis that you visit several times, I found two separate areas whereby to deploy the Scavenger Bot. Only having bot at this point means only one area can be harvested (well, duh). And of course, the nearest bench is six million miles away (deliberate over-exaggeration for effect, a tactic I learned from watching news broadcasts :) ) So by the time the time you find the second area to deploy the bot around there, you have no bots left, so you have to leave it and move on to complete the objective..... Or do you? I saved and quit back to menu, loaded up the Weapon Crafting Arena, used the bench to offload resources gathered by the bot, quit out of that, went back into my campaign save, and the bot was ready for me to deploy on the other area the bot can be deployed in space outside Tau Volantis.

Edited by WytchDokta