Need Amazing AI Mod for Grecon 1

ShrekDJ

Hi friends, playing Grecon standalone and re-installed but always had this complain that there are no mods among the massive list that provides a good patching/tweaking to Grecon's current AI making it more realistic, intelligent and obviously the effects are applied on enemies as well the fellow troops.

I have a request can any one recommend AI mods that tweak and scale their (enemy + friendly) perceptiveness to a whole new interesting and challenging state. I do not require huge TC's and unofficial campaigns to work the AI but small or relevant mods that only tweak original Grecon's AI for better!!

Thanks a lot for your time to read and looking forward for cool suggestions :)

Edited by ShrekDJ

If and i'm only saying IF here, I am correct, someone will probably be along to either prove me otherwise or agree. i don't think it is strictly possible without editing the .exe (which is illegal)

call me an idiot by all means, but i think stuff like the AI would be hard coded into the games engine, and said code isn't available.

I do know you can use Igor to make the AI do things differently, but you have probably already seen that in things like Heroes unleashed and Texas Militia. if you haven't checked those two out, give em a go! :)

Edited by Zeealex

i think stuff like the AI would be hard coded into the games engine, and said code isn't available.

Code isn't available? :blink: As far as I know grecon 1 is free online for multiplayer!!.. and yet ubisoft did not release any source codes?? WTH?...It's such a unique game but really bored to death to catch up with the dumb AI..The TC's and many, many mods are cool but they have their own maps, campaigns and list goes on.

I revisited this forum after a year or so with a hope things might have changed. It's really strange that the mod community still has no solution on original titles with lacking problems in AI.

I hope mod community takes a note of this and wakes up to come up with some alternative to vanilla good old great title's AI and release some polished work.

Seriously disappointed!!.. Such a big mod community and have no reliable mod to encourage me a replay. i have played many other great mods but it's not right to leave the title itself with inconsistencies which is the base for all the mods out there.

Sorry for the rant and outburst and thanks for the support!..

That's a bit harsh Shrek.

The modders here put a lot of time and effort into their work, they do it for free and never ask for anything in return apart from a little respect and gratitude.

Your post does nothing to encourage modders to help you.

Please be respectful when posting

Seriously disappointed!!.. Such a big mod community and have no reliable mod to encourage me a replay. i have played many other great mods but it's not right to leave the title itself with inconsistencies which is the base for all the mods out there.

Seriously, the game is pretty old, there's less than a dozen of active modders and it's hardcoded anyway. Do you think no one would have modded the AI if it was possible?

Edited by Operative

Well, the way I see it, is people honestly don't know how this stuff works until they try it, and trust me it's not click a couple of buttons and off it pops. It needs a more than basic knowledge of what you want to do.

Editing/creating new AI and their scripts no matter how basic can be hard, and time consuming, in any UI based editor, it's easy once you get used to it and if you are one of those people who gets the hang of everything in five seconds.

Even once you've cracked the engine code, you are walking into the "you could get yourself and Rocky into serious trouble" engagement zone, legitimate or not.

One year is not enough of a time frame to figure this stuff out, like I said, not click a few buttons and off you go. It took 11 years to find how to get FPWV ingame and directx9 enhancements, and once you've edited the AI scripts there is a large chance you would have to redistribute the modified .exe and engine with the mod folder. Making it even more illegal than even touching the innerds of the .exe.

Modders don't want to tread on those grounds, anyone who does, will get the consequences of said ignorance, and so will rocky and the rest of the community which is unfair on them really

So, I suggest,

that you respect this game for what it is, and the modders for what they do not for what it isn't and for what they can't do.

Edited by Zeealex

I already did apologize but again, I admit and sorry for crossing the limit. I know I like to exaggerate but IF that happens it's never intentional. So, request to all of you to give me a chance and it won't repeat.

thx to the community for keeping the game alive!!.. :thumbsup:

I will try to continue with the mods since original GRecon is played too much now to ignore the AI.

I revisited this forum after a year or so with a hope things might have changed. It's really strange that the mod community still has no solution on original titles with lacking problems in AI.

I know this has been settled, but if you are that concerned about the AI, maybe you should start an AI enhancement mod. I get just as upset as you when the AI decide to walk into enemy gunfire or stand up and run into the open after I am shot behind cover, but I have spent three years modding them and trust me, there is nothing that can be done. Aside from giving them stat points which seem to do no good, there is not really anything you can do.

The only thing I could suggest is that you add in allied forces through IGOR into missions; you can see how I make use of another friendly company quite a bit in my mod Texas Militia since they seem much smarter than the player AI.

I find that hard to believe. Out of the hundreds or maybe even thousands of mods available here, you can't find a single one with awesome enough missions to make you overlook the pitiful AI?

In that case, I'd better hurry up and release my Frostbite Lone Wolf addon :)

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

You might also try co-op or online gameplay. That is much more enjoyable if you get tired of the AI. I don't think any dedicated servers are active anymore but you could always download GameRanger since there are almost always a few games there. My clan are always online at 5PM GMT and 11PM GMT, and I usually see a few other guys including CHI members online then. They usually have their server open.