Operation Arrowhead, ready for beta testing

Hi,

unable to respawn after die at stairs entering the bunker.

HINT: dont stay at top of catwalk at begging of mission when the gate opens, because the gate will kills you!

LOL, now i know!

Edited by TAW_Glaucus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a problem indeed with the second spawn. When you reach the bunker and die before opening the door, you wont be able to respawn, it just says 0 seconds forever. I think you've deleted the second spawnpoint by accident and the game still activates it, but you got nowhere to spawn to.

Hmmm...not lucky with the last maps...ohwell...

happened 50 meters from laptop obj.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: hold_weapon in type <UE_ScriptExtension>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\membercustom.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\member.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\memberlist.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\identity.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threadedj.

Edit:Thanks for all the effort and time you put in it again...:P

Edited by pagey

Okay, I just completed the mission, bunker still has some minor bugs like I had on B floor, the enemy spawning trigger didnt work and I had to run back upstairs and then it activated on my way back down. I had no crashes, thankfully. Respawns all worked fine, but I noticed that something was missing and it was the custom_sounds, did you remove them John?

Edited by Blame

Thanks for testing again.

I can make those triggers bigger if needed, if you run or are using a god mode to test then it's possible to miss the triggers in the stairs.

Not sure what the problem is with the sounds Blame, they worked fine for me when testing v1.2, Sonia tried the latest version on her laptop this morning and again all custom sounds are working fine.

Bob, did the rebels and prisoners spawn? I had the same problem with entering the B and after that C level, while I was running throught them, none of the rebels or prisoners were spawned. But after I ran back upstairs and back down a trigger was activated so it turned out to be OKAY.

All you have to do is open the cell doors to complete that level, there is a switch at the center of both cell doors where the security locks are. One switch will open both doors.

If they wouldn't open then as Blame said you missed the trigger, I'll make them bigger then upload a new version.

John, we did get the cell doors open. All of the prisoners were free. The prisoners then went from level C (where their cells are) up to level B in the back. As Bob said, the center room on Level B could not be cleared because none of the 3 doors gave us the X to open them. All the prisoners were at the back door of that room (at the door itself near the back hall to the train).

I also wanted to note an issue I had on Level A. Realize too that there were 16 of us playing this mission last night in case that makes a difference. We cleared all the objectives and left the laptop and bunker for last. The laptop objective on the surface (in the building on top of the bunker entrance) was still showing the whole time we were in the bunker. We cleared level A, but the main objective marker stating to Clear Level A never disappeared. A few minutes later, I went into that first hallway on the left on Level A and the objectives still hadn't cleared (even though it was the first thing cleared when we entered level A). When I went back over to the laptop on level A in that left hall, it started downloading again. So I went to the OPEN door to get to the desk (again) and it wouldn't let me through. The gates on it were open, but it thought they were closed. It gave me the option to press X to open it, so I did and it opened (sound anyway since the bars across the door were already open). At that point, I went to the desk again and it cleared those finally that second time. But the "Clear Level A" message was still on the screen.

When we stormed the bunker, many jumped down to level B (and C?) when we started on Level A. Maybe there's a dependency on clearing those objectives? It seems like if we don't stay on Level A and clear it before even going downstairs that it gets confused.

Hope that helps.

That also causes lagg if you activate all the triggers on each level (a,b,c) and the rebels on the lower levels run upstairs and you might end up getting shot in the back. And you know, completing objectives in order should be the correct way anyway.

That also causes lagg if you activate all the triggers on each level (a,b,c) and the rebels on the lower levels run upstairs and you might end up getting shot in the back. And you know, completing objectives in order should be the correct way anyway.

True. How about this as a solution to that problem John. Can you install a trap door between each level and only trigger them when the floor is cleared? So when Level A is cleared, then you can open the trapdoor to Level B. When Level B is cleared, you can then open a trapdoor to Level C. Certainly easier to test and ensure the triggers are hit in a certain order.

Thanks for the feedback, looks like this is slowly improving. :)

Currently working on an update: triggers in the bunker will be made bigger, all floors will have a hatch that won't open until the level you are on is complete (thanks for that idea Jack), due to the stairs in the bunker being a different size I had to make a new hatch in 3ds max.

The waypoint markers that indicate "Level A" "Level B".... have been changed, this will mean less markers on screen at any given time.

As I have added more bunker hatches I need to re-render the lightmaps (which can take up to 4 hours) so the mission may not be ready until tomorrow afternoon.

I can only say, when I saw that underground bunker I went Woooooowwwww ..... and the nice environment in the headquarter down there. John, you are simply spoiling us ....

That much said, I also had the crash in the bunker when playing with Trueled, and could not get back into the server. Playing alone afterwards, I managed to finish the mission alright.

Well, it was actually the gaming deluxe dedicated server, and Trueled stayed in the game for some time, but I was unable to enter. It messaged something about switch 5CI or something, and then connection timed out. I only saw this kind of thing before, when entering with too high ping. But I think the server was in a state of being overworked for some reason, since also I was lagging a lot before I crashed. Or simply the connection had a bad day.

Ok, v1.3 is ready for testing.

Changes are as follows:

1. All triggers in the bunker have been checked and some have been made bigger.

2. There is now a hatch leading to each level, this will stop you going down the stairs until the current level is complete.

3. The waypoint markers for the bunker have been changed to reduce the amount on screen at any one time.

As this is one of my most complex missions to date I thought I would post some boring stats. :)

The alpha version had over 4000 lines of code in the mission script but by using variables I was able to reduce this to 3200. These variables can store different data values which can be used to execute repetitive tasks.

More boring stuff: :whistle:

The world.xml has 30,331 lines of code.

There are 94 custom props/buildings.

71 custom sounds.

195 custom textures.

There are......STOP!!!!

:help:

Ok enough of that, just enjoy the mission (if it works, LOL!!).

John

Download:

Operation Arrowhead v1.3

If it doesn't work, we'll make it work.

Okay, I did the bunker part and everything went well, that marker on the 2nd laptop in the bunker spawn didn't dissapear tho.

Edited by Blame

hi Jonh,

we are playing at TAW Server the version 1.3.

I crashes with this report:

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

Unhandled exception - access violation

C STACK:

graw2 (???) : ???

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

and, after we complete all tree levels on bunker, the markers to objectives B and C still appearing on map, and "laptop" still remains there.

regards,

TAW_Glaucus

TAW_BLJ

TAW_MilleRS

CM_DYE