Ghost Recon.net Forums

The District - Work In Progress.

This is the WIP of my labor of love level entry. I dont know if ill make the deadline but I will sure give it a shot. Here is a work in progress of the level im creating called the District. It will be a small/medium sized level located in a cities small buisness district.

This level is being designed in tiles. Here is one semi completed one (grass and trees will come last as well as other nitty gritty objects).

post-5611-0-00619700-1354155365_thumb.jp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks very promising. Can I make one suggestion? Half the number of streetlights. You'll save yourself a lot of time in the lighting tool and create more pockets of darkness to sneak around in (if you're planning a night version).

Believe it or not Zee. I was planning on it for sabotage.

"S07-Chernobyl"

From the sabotage private forum posted in september. Mission would be similare to COD but not a sniper mission. Just a hit on high value targets.

As far as these textures go. They are being used from a modders pack that I had downloaded a long time ago. It was a compilation for... Castle wolfeinstein? I think I dunno I have to look at the readme again.

Edited by pz3

I LOVE you!!!! :lol:

will it be available to use with credit in other mods?

Check sharing is caring. Sabotage is already listed lol. So yes. As far as sabotage being completely free to use. That might be changing. I had found some sound artists on you tube that were going to loan me studio quality work for cinema to use in the mod but.... I got permission but haven't received the files yet.

Oh and the camera I bought apperently records sounds pretty well. Good enough for 22050 to sound clear atleast. I already experimented with running around in my Oakley combat boots. New foot steps in game sound pretty clear. Remember I said I wasn't giving up on that mod.

Im just not working on it nearly as often as I use to. LOL is the last thing im rushing on. Sabotage will just get made until I think its exactly how I want it. ;)

Edited by pz3

Thanks H-Hour. I dont know what im doing with the streets yet. All these textures are more or less temporary. once I get the game model finished I will export it all to game and check for floor/collision errors. Fix them, and then remap/retexture everything. I may end up mapping everything so I can burn all the textures and add some nice detailed shadows.

Nice and fast work pro :)

Only crit would be that brick texture on office building. Scale looks a bit off.

Yeah I was looking at that. Im running out of unique textures so I might have to bust out some photoshop skills. I might just cut out the rest of the map using random generic textures and then test the geomtry / start texturing everything after that.

I really hope you let us go in a lot of buildings and high places. I am disgusted with all the awesome missed opportunities on urban maps. If you could go inside the Embassy on the Embassy map I would love it ten times more. Vilnius too, it should have been called 'Streets' since you can't go in but two buildings. I know there is a reason for so few rooms in maps (doesn't it lag, or there is a limit?) plus my little experience with trying to make a door scared me off. Of course I was a total noob to map modelling but it looked like something even an expert would not enjoy.

In other words, please let us get in tall buildings so we can snipe people :snipe:

Edited by RileyFletcher_01