Oakley SI Assault Gloves... What Colour?

Zeealex

I can't really make up my mind what color I like most out of Foliage Green, Desert, and Black.

soooo, I'm gonna ask you guys! :)

Desert:

beige-large300.jpg

Black:

$(KGrHqZHJB!E-EfS1P36BPvPdNN2EQ~~60_35.JPG

Green:

1_20120213060436.jpg

there is a brown/coyote version but i don't really lke that colour much.

I am thinking of buying a pair on friday, the desert versions are more expensive than the black and green version, heaven knows why, probably because they look nicer or something like that.

i'll be doing a "progress report" on my magnum boots soon as well.

Edited by Zeealex

hahahahaha i might see what a pink version would look like actually XD

I'll be wearing them out and about, mountain biking, aaand i'll be buying them for the sheer fact that i've been after a pair since FOR EVER!! soo, environment isn't an issue, but the khaki/desert one looks like a ###### to clean if they get mucky on a bike ride in the park!

Edited by Zeealex

FYI the reason the Desert Colour is more expensive , is thats, the colour most purchased by military personel at the moment ! if you have a look on most Combat equipment sites or surplus stores all desert colour or MTP items are almost twice the price of the regular DPM stuff. It sucks enough that our guys have to buy equipment that should be issued to them. It sucks more when people what to rip them off for it >>

Edited by Hammer

Black goes with anything

that mini

those shoes

that purse

oh wait, am I being sexist? 0:)

I agree with Hammer on why price is higher on tans/desert color.

I'm sure someone here has military/LE discount :shifty:

I got lucky with a Under Armour Gloves for $25 vs regular $60 at discount clothing store. not sure why they carried it, must be an overstock, since most sizes were L, XL, & XXL

8158.jpg

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Black goes with anything

that mini

those shoes

that purse

oh wait, am I being sexist? 0:)

Not at all Ledanek! I was thinking if they would go with my new coat actually :P

I got lucky with a Under Armour Gloves for $25 vs regular $60 at discount clothing store.

I like the Under Armour glove range, their Valsetz boot range are really lovely too!

It sucks enough that our guys have to buy equipment that should be issued to them. It sucks more when people what to rip them off for it

that really does suck :/ there are a few sellers who actually sell the desert stuff cheaper but it's a lot of looking to find it.

But if you wan't to use it on bike race etc and not to millitary use or something like that, i think just buy the black.

yeah, like i said, environment isn't an issue, but they might get slightly mucky over time that's my only worry.

woke up this morning to find my gloves had been delivered, 4 days early.

I am chuffed to bits with them, they are comfy, lightweight, and not as creepy as you think Mexicobob! :D

the only qualm I have, is the hard knuckle can, occasionally, restrict movement in the outer area of my hand, but that's only when I've got hold of the kettle or a mug or something, which is rare. and I think that's because I got a size bigger than I actually am. so the knuckle pokes out more than it should.

photos inbound!

Edited by Zeealex

• 2 weeks later...

The knuckle was also known to melt in a fire. I know for a while they were restricted from being worn into combat because of the danger of losing a hand if it melted.

I do believe oakley fixed the problem but im not positive. None the less let me know how they hold up. I wore a pair HWI gloves for a year. Handled a lot of C-Wire with them and they never fell apart. I only got rid of them because they became so horribly faded. No longer green but a pasty brown.

I do want to buy another pair of them but wanting to see what else holds up under extreme conditions.

50630.jpg

• 2 months later...

I've not had a problem, after nearly six months, with any melting of the hard knuckle, and they've been exposed to a fair amount of heat, normally accidental, but they held up quite well against the heat of the bonfire over new year however I don't think that's as warm as some of the heat that comes from some weapons. I think however, they have coated the knuckle with kevlar or more than there was originally and it has resolved if not reduced the melting problem.

They've overall held up very well, very grippy, and comfy, the only annoying thing about them is the velcro has deteriorated SO quickly, but that's the only problem with them.

Sounds good, i just got some standard issued flight gloves. I think once I am done ripping them apart (again...) I'll invest in a pair. No velcro though. I cant stand velcro it always falls apart after a few rough days. They even started taking it off of the ACUs.

@pz3, you still in the Army? If OPSEC just PM or ignore.

I got the same, but size larger so I nipped the tip for the trigger finger, I highly suggest, just creating a slit vs a complete nip btw.

If I get a tax refund, will try and get the Mechanix M-Pact, I'm reading good reviews on it.

I messed up opsec the other day, luckily a friend in intelligence straitend my ass out. Theres no harm in saying im still in the military.

sorry to hijack, just checking on folks still in service, with all the budget cuts.

@Zeealex

what exactly your using the gloves for?

on a normal day, i use them for my cycling. they've got good grip, they are comfy, and they've got a fair bit of protection if i fall off/scuff my hand.

on a not so normal day, I take them shooting with me, or take them to my weekend work when i know i'm going to be cutting logs etc.