Oakley SI Assault Gloves... What Colour?

Zeealex

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had seen this some time ago to stop you.

Save the money, get better gloves... buy Mechanix gloves. I went through Oakley, Under Armor and both sets of my Army issued gloves before I just went to the autoparts store and bought a pair. I got in country and loved them so much I ordered five more pairs... that I still have laying around in pristine condition... somewhere. I have my pair I wore through the whole tour in with my other gear, and a pair I use around the house and on the car in my glove-box (so literal right). Best part, they're about $12 and a perfect fit.

Thanks Ruin ;)

To be honest, it's been a childhood dream to own a pair of SI assault gloves, and to buy a pair at last meant one more tick on the bucket list. for practicality resilience I probably would go with another pair, but the Oakleys are holding up alright for now.

I probably will go with Mechanix or Helikon next time around depending on if i want cold weather gloves this time, as I've heard good things about them, maybe a pair of their finger-less tactical M-pact variant, it's the only thing I don't like about the Oakley ones, they aren't fingerless. :/

only problem I see about the Mechanix gloves is the tags they have on the side, that would annoy the fudge out of me if it wan't easily removable (without the use of scissors)

I'll definitely try mechanix next time they seem like the best ones to go for.